A BLT Burger is man (and woman's) best friend! Quick and easy to make, perfect for breakfast or brunch with no ugh too full feeling!
Recipes like our Fried Egg Burger, Air Fryer Hamburgers, Homemade Burgers and Air Fryer Cheeseburgers are family favourites!
Pair them with the Air Fryer Chips, Gravy Fries and drizzle with Garlic Yogurt Sauce for a total feast!
BLT burgers are a light version of a hamburger without the 'too full' feeling after!
Everyone loves bacon and the crispier the better!
Paired with fresh lettuce, sliced tomato, a soft burger bun and my Horseradish Yogurt Sauce this burger will rock your socks right off!
The only ingredient that needs cooking is the bacon and the whole burger will be on a plate ready for your eating in 15 mins!
Skip the drive through at your local takeaway store and whip up this much loved favorite in the comfort of your kitchen!
All of the ingredients you need to make this recipe are shown in the photo, they are all simple and easy to find! (Including the sauce ingredients!).
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- bacon (can use rashers, streaky or fillets)
- hamburger buns (I am using multigrain, white rolls)
For this burger, I recommend using my Horseradish Yogurt Sauce. It is a creamy white sauce that is not 'too sweet' and gives the bacon a nice 5 high compliment in passing!
Alternative sauces that might make your mouth water are the Mustard Yogurt Sauce, Spicy Yogurt Sauce or Herbed Yogurt Sauce.
Step by step instructions
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe.
We start by cooking the bacon in a fry pan. I recommend using a non stick pan and you don't need any oil as the bacon has enough fat that will ensure it doesn't stick to the pan!
- fry the bacon for 3-4 mins till crispy (Photo 1)
- assemble all of the burger ingredients and begin layering (Photo 2)
Once the bacon is cooked, I recommend using paper towel to soak up any grease - this will also ensure that our burgers are not soggy!
If you want to add an egg, by all means do so and check out the Fried Egg Burger for tips and tricks to achieve that!
In the photo above, you can see what your burger will look like as you bring it all together!
It really is a simple combination, loaded with flavour and will kick your hunger to the curb!
You can choose to serve the burgers with hash browns as shown in the photo below, this works especially well on the weekends for breakfast!
If you want to indulge a little, you might like to whip up some Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings, Mexican Fries or Air Fryer Potato Cubes to go on the side!
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to cook a BLT burger?
It takes less than 15 mins to make a BLT burger.
The main component is cooking the bacon which takes between 3 to 5 mins depending on how crispy you want it!
The rest of the ingredients can be prepped as the bacon is cooking.
That task will involve slicing the tomato, preparing the lettuce, cutting the buns in half and whipping up your sauce.
What toppings can I add to a BLT burger?
A BLT burger can be topped with your favorite extras!
Try adding caramelised onions, melted cheese, pickles, a beef patty, beetroot, relish, avocado or egg for a loaded burger!
What can I use instead of mayo for a BLT?
Mayo is a popular choice of sauce to spread on a BLT, however, there are plenty of other sauces that you might like to try.
These are my suggestions:
- Sweet Chilli Mayo
- Parsley Yogurt Sauce
- Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- Rocket and Cashew Pesto
- Basil Yogurt Sauce
- Basil and Cashew Pesto
- Lime Yogurt Sauce
Top tips and tricks
- This is a quick and easy to bring together BLT burger recipe!
- The only ingredient that you need to cook is the bacon
- You can use your favourite burger buns (multigrain with oats!!)
- If making more burgers you can simply increase the recipe eg 4 burger buns, 4 slices of bacon to make 4 burgers
- Homemade sauce is a delightful not overly sweet option!
- It takes about 15 mins to make the BLTs!
If take away style homemade recipes are right up your alley, you might like to try the Air Fryer Roast Chicken, Dry Rub Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Sausage Rolls or Air Fryer Jerk Chicken.
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Use a non stick pan to cook the bacon
- Skip the oil an use the bacon fat will ensure it won't stick
- Rest the cooked bacon on paper towel to absorb any greasiness
- Use your flat sandwich press for an alternative to the stove
- Make the sauce in advance and store in an air tight container in the fridge, simply drizzle all over when ready to serve!
More Bacon recipes
If it's the bacon in this recipe calling your name, you might like to check out the following recipes:
- Hungover Noodles
- Zucchini Slice
- Garlic Bacon Pasta
- Zucchini and Bacon Slice
- Bacon and Egg Slice
- Mini Quiches 12 ways
- Bacon Quinoa Salad
Or if it's the burger calling your name, check out my burger recipes!
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Hunger still got you? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
- Fry pan
- 2 hamburger rolls
- 2 rashers bacon
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices lettuce
- Turn the stove on to a medium heat, use tongs to place bacon on non stick fry pan and cook for 3-4 mins till crispy
- Remove bacon and rest on paper towel
- Gather hamburger rolls, lettuce, tomato, cooked bacon and sauce and begin layering with lettuce on bread, followed by bacon, sliced tomato, drizzle with sauce and top with burger bun.
BLT Burger time!
So we did so a little creamy, saucy, egg and bacon combo recently and I think that articulates where we are at!
You will be licking the horseradish yogurt sauce off your fingers if you take my advice and try it with the crispy bacon combo.
I would LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments below, please let me know if you make the recipe!
Don't go bacon my heart, give it a go and let it tick your boxes.
Bac-on my friends, haha!
Ken Frank says
All over this going to make asap
Thanks Frank, enjoy!