This creamy Herbed Yogurt Sauce is so full of flavour you will want to serve it with everything! Creamy, garlicky and herby, it adds tang and deliciousness!
Recipes like our Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Drumsticks, Air Fryer Portobello Mushrooms and Chicken wings of all kinds need a good sauce. This creamy sauce or either the Herbed Yogurt Sauce or Basil Yogurt Sauce is the perfect pairing!
Why you will love this recipe
This sauce is creamy but uses a yogurt not cream base.
It uses fresh herbs, so if you grow your own, pick off any caterpillars and give them (the herbs) a rinse.
The garlic gives a little punchiness and the sauce just goes with EVERYTHING!!
I am not a huge sour cream fan so years ago, searched for a healthy alternative.
This Herbed Yogurt sauce ticks all the right boxes and then some!
The ingredients you need are shown in the photo below, they are all simple and can be found at the local shop (or you can use home grown herbs!)
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Greek Yogurt
- coriander (cilantro)
- salt and pepper
There is nothing better to encourage you to eat more salmon, fish and lean meats than serving it with a delicious creamy sauce and fresh vegetables!
Herbed Yogurt Sauce method
The steps for the recipe are all very simple, they are shown in the photo below.
- Place herbs, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor (Photo 1)
- Blitz till chopped (5-10 sec) (Photo 2)
- Add Greek Yogurt (Photo 3)
- Blitz again to combine (Photo 4)
These 4 quick steps are all you need to do!
No food processor? No worries. Simply use kitchen scissors to finely chop the herbs (it will take slightly longer).
Then stir in minced garlic, Greek Yogurt, salt and pepper.
It will taste exactly the same, but it will have a thicker consistency.
What to serve with Herbed Yoghurt Sauce
- Air Fryer Portobello Mushrooms
- Teriyaki Salmon Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Salmon Skin on
- Honey Soy Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Potato Cubes
- Italian Herb Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- As a dip on a Crudité Platter
- Use instead of mayo in a Potato Salad
This sauce takes dishes to another level of pure yum! You can serve it with fish, chicken, vegetables and more!
Herbed Yoghurt Sauce quick info
- This will make 1 cup of sauce
- It will last in the fridge for 7 days
- You can use a low fat Greek Yogurt
- The garlic gives a great oomph to the sauce
Frequently asked questions
- It takes about 5 seconds to blitz the herbs and garlic
- It takes a further 5 seconds to blitz the yogurt in
- This recipe is perfect to drizzle over salmon for an easy dinner
- It takes about 5 mins from start to finish
- We use 3 different herbs
- This recipe uses only 7 ingredients
- You can use herbs from your garden (I love doing this!)
If you want to see the sauce when paired with chicken, check out the Italian Herb Chicken Thighs recipe.
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Combine the herbs, garlic, salt and pepper for blitzing all in one step
- If you only have 2 herbs, the sauce will still taste amazing!
- Store in a sealed jar or container in the fridge to maintain freshness
More homemade sauce recipes
If you love making homemade sauces, you might like to try the following flavour combinations:
- Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Mustard Yogurt Sauce
- Basil Yogurt Sauce
- Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- Garlic Yogurt Sauce
Or check out all Homemade Sauces on the blog.
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- Food processor
Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ bunch basil Note 1
- ½ bunch parsley
- ½ bunch coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- Add herbs, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blitz for seconds
- Add yogurt to herb mix and blitz to combine (5 seconds)
- Store in a sealed contained in the fridge for up to one week
- Note 1 For your info, where I am indicating ½ bunch of each of the herbs...the 3 herbs loosely packed will equate to approximately 2 cups of herbs. This recipe however, does have some room for (delicious) movement, so if you have 2 ½ cups, go with that and if you have 1 ½ cups go with that.
You don't have to trust me on this...you are going to drizzle this sauce on EVERYTHING!!
I 1st created the recipe as I wanted a creamy sauce to pair with salmon. From there I realised how well it works with so many other dishes and just how handy it is to have in the fridge.
Easy, creamy, garlicky, good, you are going to love this recipe!
I would love to hear your feedback in the comments below. Please let me know if you enjoyed the recipe!