This post is Sponsored by Koi Knives
Italian Herb Chicken thighs are succulent, juicy and tender! Serve with rice and a herb yoghurt sauce for a complete meal!
My Sticky Asian Chicken is finger licking good!
What herbs go best with Chicken?
Herbs and chicken are a match made in heaven.
Both dried herbs and fresh can be used to add flavour and texture to a whole chicken, chicken breast, thighs or wings recipes.
Italian herbs are a great pairing with chicken thighs as they have a few different herbs in the mix and you only need the one 'spice!'.
How long should you marinate chicken thighs?
You can marinate chicken thighs in as little as 2 minutes to overnight.
For a lot of recipes it doesn't matter if you marinate the chicken and cook it straight away.
For other recipes it is essential to the depth of flavour that you marinate the chicken overnight to really allow it to absorb all of the flavour.
When we use Italian herbs (dried) with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, we need no marinade time.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are all simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below, so you know exactly what you need:
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Chicken thighs (skinless and boneless)
- Italian herbs (dried)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
If you want to make the sauce shown in the pics, that recipe is Herb Yoghurt sauce.
How to make Grilled Italian Herb Chicken Thighs
To make this recipe, we start by combining the ingredients to season the chicken.
- Gather the ingredients to marinate the chicken (Photo 1)
- Add to a small bowl and stir to combine (Photo 2)
- Use a pastry brush to coat the chicken with the marinade (Photo 3)
- Add chicken to a skillet and cook for 5 - 7 mins each side (Photo 4)
The chicken will be cooked when all of the juices from it run clear (no longer pink). You can test to see if it is done by piercing the chicken at a thick point and seeing the colour that runs from it
Once the chicken is fully cooked, you can rest it (let it sit) for a couple of minutes.
My friends at Koi Knives believe their Guyto Chef's Knife can handle all kinds of home cooking so I put it to the test.
I love the smooth, solid wood handle and was touched by the sentiment of the wood being sought from the Australian Bush fires.
The knife feels strong, sturdy and capable.
It was the perfect tool to cut through the cooked chicken thighs in a simple 'one slice' technique.
This recipe is also perfect for meal prep as you can cook the chicken on the weekend and use it for salads, wraps and sandwiches during the week!
Italian Herb Chicken Thighs recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 4 total ingredients for this recipe!
- the oil is used in the marinade and helps prevent sticking!
- portion size is 1 chicken thigh per person
- we use skinless boneless chicken thighs
FAQs about Chicken with Italian Herbs
- this is a simple recipe that comes together easily
- we marinate and then cook or.....
- marinade time can be short or long
- use a griddle to get the grill marks on the chicken
Your quick questions answered:
- the olive oil seasons and helps the chicken not stick to the pan
- I serve this with rice, raw zucchini and a herb yoghurt sauce!
- the recipe takes approx 15 - 20 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
What to serve with Italian Herb Chicken Thighs?
There is an unlimited amount of serving ideas that you can do with this recipe. Nothing beats the Quick Potato Bake!
But here are some ideas nevertheless:
- adding the chicken to a pizza
- chicken salad
- chicken sandwich
- grilled chicken toastie
If you want a meal out of it, I often serve with rice, steamed greens, or raw zucchini strips.
Plus a herb yoghurt sauce and lemon wedges to complete the meal!
💡 Tasty Tips
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- make the marinade as the 1st step
- you can cook the chicken straight away without refrigerating or you can place the chicken in the fridge over night to marinate
- ensure pan is well seasoned with oil so chicken won't stick to it (Important!!)
- serve with rice and greens
- freeze this recipe for easy meals on week nights
😍 More Easy Chicken Recipes
Chicken is easy to cook, works well with other flavours and economical to purchase!
Here are some further recipes to try:
- Mexican Lime Chicken Thighs
- Baked BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Marinated Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Thighs
I like to make simple yoghurt sauce to pair with these chicken thighs.
It is as easy as adding a few cloves of garlic to the food processor, followed by fresh parsley, coriander and basil, a cup of Greek yoghurt and a blitz to combine!
If however, you want to make them for meal prep, go right ahead!
Winner, winner grilled chicken thighs for dinner my friends!
Italian Herb Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs Note 1
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Italian Herb Chicken Thighs
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian herbs to marinate the chicken
- Use a pastry brush to coat both sides of the chicken
- Spray a skillet with cooking oil and turn to a medium heat
- Use kitchen tongs to add the chicken thighs to the skillet
- Cook the chicken for 5- 7 mins before flipping and cooking the other side
- Chicken will be cooked once the juices run clear (not pink).
- Allow chicken to rest for a couple of mins before slicing
- Note 1 I use skinless boneless chicken thighs for this recipe.