Fried Egg Burger is the breakfast of champions burger that you don't need to leave home for! Wet, gooey egg, bacon, bread and horseradish yogurt sauce is a dream combo!
Recipes like our Homemade Burgers, Air Fryer Hamburgers, Air Fryer Chicken Burger and Air Fryer Cheeseburgers are family favourites!
Pair them with the Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings, Gravy Fries and drizzle with Garlic Yogurt Sauce for the ultimate combo!
Beef burgers have their time and place but a burger with wet gooey egg and crispy bacon will have you leaping out of bed!
This burger celebrates the joy of a simple fried egg.
Paired with crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato, Horseradish Yogurt Sauce and a soft fluffy bun it is a dream come true!
Cutting the juicy fat from a traditional burger, this egg and bacon burger won't leave you feeling too full.
It ticks the box any time of the day and takes less than 15 mins to bring together!
All of the ingredients you need to make this recipe are shown in the photo, they are all simply and easy to find!
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- Eggs (free range of course!)
- bacon (can use rashers, streaky or fillets)
- hamburger buns (I am using multigrain, white rolls)
For this burger, I recommend using my Horseradish Yogurt Sauce, it packs a subtle but strong flavour that perfectly compliments the bacon and egg combo!
Alternative sauces that also rock this burger are the Herbed Yogurt Sauce, Basil Yogurt Sauce or Mustard Yogurt Sauce.
Step by step instructions
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe.
We start by cooking the bacon and frying the egg. I use the same fry pan to save cleaning up!
- fry the bacon for 3-4 mins till crispy (Photo 1)
- fry the eggs till egg white is cooked and yolk still wet (Photo 2)
When making these fried egg burgers, I recommend cooking the bacon prior to to frying the eggs. This is for a couple of reasons.
The rendered bacon fat on the pan will allow you to cook your eggs without using additional oil.
Once the bacon is cooked, it can be rested on paper towel for a couple of mins to soak up any grease and then assembled together with the egg when it is ready.
In the photo above, you can see that this really is a a simple burger!
But it is PACKED with flavour, will have a little runny egg running down your hand instead of beef burger juices and fuels you for getting about your day!
If you want to go all out, you can cook some Air Fryer Chips or Mexican Fries to go on the side, or hash browns and Air Fryer Potato Cubes work if it goes onto your breakfast menu!
Frequently asked questions
What is a burger with a fried egg called?
A fried egg burger of course! Haha, but nah!
A burger with a fried egg is often called a works burger or burger with the lot! It is the perfect breakfast burger and works well for brunch on weekends too!
If, however, you are following this recipe, we are simply calling our burger that has a fried egg and bacon, a fried egg burger!
What do fried eggs taste like?
A fried egg is best served with a cooked egg white and runny yolk. This means that when you pierce the yolk, it will flow freely.
My preference is to not flip the egg when cooking it. Rather, I recommend using a technique where the heat is of a moderate temperature and the egg white turns from clear to white and egg yolk a bold warm yellow!
Following on from the recipe instructions above in using the bacon fat (grease) to cook the fried eggs, they will have a freshly cooked breakfast taste about them!
- This is a quick and easy to bring together recipe!
- The only ingredients that get cooked are the bacon and eggs
- You can use your favorite burger buns (multigrain with oats!!)
- If making more burgers you can simply increase the recipe eg 4 burger buns, 4 slices of bacon and 4 eggs for 4 burgers
- Serve with homemade sauce for pure yum!
- It takes about 15 mins to cook and assemble the burgers
If quick and easy take away style homemade recipes are your thing, you might like to try the Air Fryer Roast Chicken, Dry Rub Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Air Fryer Sausage Rolls or Chips and gravy.
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Cook the bacon 1st and use the same pan to fry the eggs
- Rest the bacon on paper towel to absorb any grease
- Turn the heat to moderate/medium to cook the eggs properly ie hot too hot
- If your egg whites are bubbling, turn the heat down a little
- Make the sauce in advance and store in an air tight container in the fridge, simply spread when ready to use
More Egg and Bacon recipes
If you love a good egg and bacon combo, then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Zucchini and Bacon Slice
- BLT Burger
- Bacon and Egg Slice
- Mini Quiches 12 ways
- Hungover Noodles
- Zucchini Slice
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon Quinoa Salad
Or if it's the burger calling your name, check out my burger recipes!
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Hunger still got you? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
Fried Egg Burger
- Fry pan
- Chopping board
- 2 multigrain bread rolls
- 2 eggs
- 2 rashers bacon
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 pieces lettuce
- horseradish yogurt sauce
- Spray a fry pan with cooking oil, turn to a medium heat and cook bacon till crispy
- Remove bacon and rest on paper towel
- Use the fat on the pan to fry the 2 eggs
- Turn stove off and remove pan, rest on heat proof surface
- Gather ingredients to assemble burgers
- Start with lettuce, bacon, tomato, horseradish yogurt sauce and with fried egg, top with burger bun and serve immediately
So the creamy, sauciness around here just got a little bacon and egg to go with it!
That wet egg, saucy bread, juicy burger vibe never gets old and this one will tick ALL of your breakfast food boxes.
I would LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments below, please let me know if you make the recipe!
It's time to get our fry on my friends, with an egg and let's bacon about it!
Dave Eager says
Yes my kindof food this burger looks great, will give it a go thanks.
Thanks Dave for your feedback, hope you enjoy the burgers!