Air Fryer Sausage rolls are so easy to make! With only 4 ingredients these simple sausage rolls are delicious.
Recipes like our Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos, Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs, Air Fryer Pita Chips and Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are quick and easy!
Air Frying is usually faster, easier and less hard work than you could ever imagine!
Why you will love this recipe
This is party food that is quick, easy and delicious! Taking less time than ever to prepare the sausage rolls are flaky, buttery and will fly off the plate very quickly.
How long do sausage rolls take in an Air Fryer
Raw sausage rolls like these will take 7-9 mins in the Air Fryer.
Can I cook Frozen Sausage Rolls in an Air Fryer
Frozen Sausage rolls will take 15- 20 mins in the Air Fryer.
If you freeze these sausage rolls, it is best to cook them from frozen, ie not thaw and then cook.
The ingredients needed for the recipe are all simple and easy to find at the local shops.
They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need.
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- sausages (beef, pork, chicken or vegetarian)
- puff pastry
- sesame seeds
If you want to learn how to cook plain sausages have a read of the Air Fryer Sausages recipe.
How to make the recipe
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe.
The method is quick and easy. We start by preparing our sausages.
- Remove casing from the sausages (Photo 1)
- Place on thawed pastry (Photo 2)
- Add egg to a small bowl (Photo 3)
- Pierce with a fork and whisk (Photo 4)
You only need 1 egg for approximately 12 sausage rolls.
If using very small eggs, you may need 2.
- Roll pastry around sausage (Photo 5)
- Brush with egg (Photo 6)
- Roll to close (Photo 7)
- Use a knife to cut the excess pastry of the ends (Photo 8)
You may find you brush the pastry twice as you roll and seal each long sausage.
The sausage roll will likely bit a bit shorter than the length of the pastry, so cut the excess off where the sausage finishes.
- Cut the excess pastry of each end (Photo 9)
- Brush long sausage roll with egg (Photo 10)
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (Photo 11)
- Cut into small sausage rolls (Photo 12)
You will get 4 sausage rolls out of one standard length sausage.
In the photo above left, you can see what your sausage rolls will look like before you cook them.
In the photo on the right (and below), you will see what your sausage rolls will look like after you cook them.
Frequently asked questions
- This is a quick, easy to bring together recipe!
- This recipe uses only 4 ingredients
- Serve with your favorite sauce like tomato or BBQ!
- You can freeze these sausage rolls and cook from frozen (they will take an extra 5-10 mins to cook)
- You can use your favorite sausages
- You can make this a vegetarian recipe
- I use sesame seeds, you can also use dried herbs (on top)
- Spray the basket or use baking paper so there is no sticking
- My Air Fryer is a 7 litre basket version
- If you have a smaller Air Fryer you can work in batches
- I made 12 sausage rolls and cooked them in 2 batches
- It takes about 7-9 mins to cook (each batch)
If appetizers are your favourite recipe to make, you might like to try our Crostini or if you don't have an Air Fryer, the oven baked Homemade Pita Chips recipes.
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Working in batches ensures the sausage rolls have enough room to expand
- You can pull the basket out by the handle to check the sausage rolls to see how they are cooking
- There are so many sizes and types of Air Fryers that some will cook faster or slower depending on the model, the 1st time you make the sausage rolls, check them after 4 mins to see how they are cooking!
More air fryer recipes
If you love Air Frying, then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Fun Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Pita Chips
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Simple Air Fryer Cheese on Toast (too easy!!)
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Want to be friends? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer
Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- 3 sausages Note 1
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 eggs
Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 15 mins
- Use a knife and chopping board to remove the casing from the sausages
- Add egg to a small bowl, pierce yoke and whisk
- Place a sheet of puff pastry (thawed) onto the chopping board and place 1 off the sausages on top
- Roll the pastry around the sausage, then use a pastry brush to coat the top of the pastry where the 2 bits of pastry will meet
- Continue to roll the pastry around the sausage and again brush one side of where the pastry joins with the egg
- Repeat for each sausage
- Brush the top of the length of the long rolled sausage with egg
- Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds
- Use a knife to cut the excess pastry off each end
- Then cut the long sausage roll into 4 smaller rolls
- Spray the Air Fryer Basket with oil (or use baking paper) then place raw sausage rolls into Air Fryer (work in batches)
- Cook sausage rolls in Air Fryer for 7- 9 mins until pastry is golden and crispy
- Serve with sauce
- Note 1 I used Beef and Honey sausages for this recipe. You can use your favourite, beef, chicken, pork or vegetarian!
Buttery, flaky pastry
Whether you have a kid's Birthday party coming up or are having some friends over and want to make an appetizer, this recipe is perfect!
There is minimal effort and work involved in bringing the recipe together.
I would love to hear your comments and feedback below. Let me know if you try them.
Go get your sausage on my friends!
Vicki littlejohn says
What kind of sauages, how long are they? Thick or thin? Doe you have to remove casings
Hi Vicki, you can use a wide variety of sausages for the recipe. You can use thick or thin. I am using thin standard size sausages. You can however use shorter (chipolatas) or thicker (wider) sausages. If you use shorter sausages then you might have to chop a bit of pastry off the end as the sausage (no matter which size you get) won't likely be the same length as the puff pastry sheet. Good luck, hope you enjoy them!!