Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs are a super quick and easy recipe! Perfect for parties, these mini dogs dogs are fun and effortless! Is it really a party without mini hot dogs in air fryer on the menu 🤣.
Air Fryer Hot Dogs are the grown up version of this recipe!
🤍 Recipe Highlights
I have summarised everything that you will come to know and love (LOVE ❤) about the recipe in the points below:
- Kid friendly: these will go down a treat at any kid's party, blink twice and they will be gone!
- Simple, easy to find ingredients: everything you need for the recipe is readily available at the local store.
- Super fast: the recipe comes together in as little as 15 minutes.
- Feed a crowd: the recipe can be doubled to produce a larger quantity, simply cook in batches as you go!
- Little clean up and minimal equipment needed.
- Popular across age groups and a wide variety of cultures.
The photo below is to show you everything you need to make the recipe. Please refer to the printable recipe card for specific ingredient measurements as well as detailed instructions.
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Mini hot dogs: in Australia we call these cheerios. They are hugely popular at kid's parties and don't take very long to heat through.
- Mini Hot Dog Buns: you can purchase these from the bread aisle or the bakery section of the supermarket. They will have a plain white version or multi grain as shown on the photo above.
- Cheese: mozzarella or pizza cheese are great to use as they melt well and have great flavour.
- Ketchup: or tomato, BBQ sauce, you can use your favourite!
- Mustard: mild American mustard is a great choice. It is simple, easy and smooth.
Tasty Tip: if you want to use sausages in place of the cheerios, check out the Air Fryer Sausages recipe for how to cook them. Chipolatas are a great 'real sausage' alternative you can try also.
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe. We start by Air Frying the mini hot dogs (sausages).
- Add mini hot dogs to Air Fryer (Photo 1)
- Cook for 3 mins (Photo 2)
- Slice hot dog buns (Photo 3)
- Add cooked hot dog to bun (Photo 4)
👩🍳 How to Make Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs
Cooking the mini hot dog in steps like the photos above, ensures that each ingredient is thoroughly cooked through.
- Cook mini hot dogs for 2 mins (Photo 5)
- Top with cheese (Photo 6)
- Cook for 2 mins (Photo 7)
- Top with ketchup and mustard (Photo 8)
The mini hot dogs don't need to be scored or pierced as we are doing a quick initial cook before they are finished off in the bun.
If you are a bacon and onion lover when eating hot dogs, cook this 1st and then place it under the mini hot dog to ensure it stays 'on' the hot dog.
In the photo above you can see I have topped the hot dogs with ketchup and mustard - the best ever way to serve them!
💡 Tasty Tips
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Spray the Air Fryer Basket (or line the tray) to start.
- You can pull the basket out by the handle to check the mini hot dogs are cooking after 2 mins.
- There are so many sizes and types of Air Fryers that some will cook faster or slower depending on the model, the 1st time you make the mini hot dogs, check them along the way to see how they are cooking!
🤓 Frequently Asked Questions
How long do mini hot dogs take in an Air Fryer?
Mini Hot Dogs take less than 10 mins to cook in the Air Fryer! Working step by step to ensure both hot dog and bun are fully cooked, then top with cheese and air fry till melted!
What temperature do you cook hotdogs in an air fryer?
Cook the hot dogs at 180°C/350 F for 3 mins.
What are some topping ideas to add to mini hot dogs?
Some popular toppings to consider adding are:
😍 More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you love Air Frying, then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Fun Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Party Pies
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks (Cheese Sticks)
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Pita Chips
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Simple Air Fryer Cheese on Toast
- Air Fryer Frozen Samosa
You can also find all of my air fryer recipes in the one spot. Air fry on my friend 😉.
Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer
- 6 mini hot dog buns Note 1
- 6 mini hot dogs Note 2
- 3 tsbp mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- Preheat the air fryer: turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 10 mins.
- Cooking spray: spray Air Fryer Basket with cooking oil, add mini hot dogs and cook for 3 mins (no need to pierce).
- Buns: cut mini hot dog buns down the centre and fill with cooked mini hot dogs.
- Air Fry: place mini hot dogs into the Air Fryer Basket and cook for 2 mins (or until bread rolls are toasted).
- Add toppings: top with cheese and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Serve and enjoy: with ketchup and mustard.
- Note 1 - Mini Hot Dog Buns: you can use multigrain or white buns.
- Note 2 - Mini Hot Dog Sausages: I am using what we affectionally call 'cheerios' in Australia. They are like mini sausages but more commonly known as finger food than sausages.