Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs are a super quick and easy recipe! Perfect for parties, these mini dogs dogs are fun and effortless!
Air Frying Hot Dogs is a great way of making this popular party food in fuss free style
This is party food that is quick, easy and fun!
Taking less time than ever to prepare the mini hot dogs are cooked to perfection, in a toasted bun and topped with your favorite sauce!
How long do mini hot dogs take in an Air Fryer
Mini Hot Dogs take less than 10 mins to cook in the Air Fryer!
Working step by step to ensure both hot dog and bun are fully cooked, we then top with cheese and air fry till melted!
Mini Air Fryer hot dogs with cheese
Everybody loves a hot dog!
Some popular toppings to consider adding are:
And of course, it is not a hot dog without ketchup and mustard!
The ingredients needed for the recipe are all simple and easy to find at the local shops.
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- mini hot dogs
- mini hot dog buns
If you want to use sausages in place of the cheerios, check out the Air Fryer Sausages recipe for how to cook them.
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe.
We start by Air Frying the mini hot dogs (sausages).
- Add mini hot dogs to Air Fryer (Photo 1)
- Cook for 3 mins (Photo 2)
- Slice hot dog buns (Photo 3)
- Add cooked hot dog to bun (Photo 4)
Cooking the mini hot dog in steps like the photos above, ensures that each ingredient is thoroughly cooked through.
- Cook mini hot dogs for 2 mins (Photo 5)
- Top with cheese (Photo 6)
- Cook for 2 mins (Photo 7)
- Top with ketchup and mustard (Photo 8)
The mini hot dogs don't need to be scored or pierced as we are doing a quick initial cook before they are finished off in the bun.
If you are a bacon and onion lover when eating hot dogs, cook this 1st and then place it under the mini hot dog to ensure it stays 'on' the hot dog.
In the photo above you can see I have topped the hot dogs with ketchup and mustard - the best ever way to serve them!
Frequently asked questions
- This is a quick, easy to bring together recipe!
- This recipe uses only 3 ingredients
- We make a total of 6 mini hot dogs
- You can use either whole meal or white buns
- We cook the mini hot dogs before adding them to the rolls
- Spray the basket when cooking the mini hot dogs
- My Air Fryer is a 7 litre basket version
- If you have a smaller Air Fryer you can work in batches
- Serve with your favorite sauce such as ketchup and mustard!
- You can make more than 6 by working in batches!
- I made 6 mini hot dogs in one batch
- It takes about 10 mins from start to finish for the recipe
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Spray the Air Fryer Basket (or line the tray) to start
- You can pull the basket out by the handle to check the mini hot dogs are cooking after 2 mins
- There are so many sizes and types of Air Fryers that some will cook faster or slower depending on the model, the 1st time you make the mini hot dogs, check them along the way to see how they are cooking!
More Air Fryer recipes
If you love Air Frying, then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Fun Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Pita Chips
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Simple Air Fryer Cheese on Toast (too easy!!)
Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer
- 6 mini hot dog buns Note 1
- 6 mini hot dogs Note 2
- mozzarella cheese
- Turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 10 mins
- Spray Air Fryer Basket with cooking oil, add mini hot dogs and cook for 3 mins (no need to pierce)
- Cut mini hot dog buns down the centre and fill with cooked mini hot dogs
- Place mini hot dogs into the Air Fryer Basket and cook for 2 mins (or until bread rolls are toasted)
- Top with cheese and cook for a further 2 mins
- Serve with ketchup and mustard
- Note 1 You can use whole meal or white buns.
- Note 2 I am using what we affectionally call 'cheerios' in Australia. They are like mini sausages but more commonly known as finger food than sausages.
Mini Hot Dog Party time!
You, me, my Air Fryer and mini hot dogs, how about it?
Haha, I think we would need some beers to get that party started.
This recipe is quick, easy and most of all FUN!
Get your mini hot dogs and Air Fry on my friends.