Air Fryer Party Pies are the quick and easy way to get the party started. When the guests are coming and the crowd is hungry cooking party pies in air fryer is the solution!
- Fuss free and effortless these party pies can be grabbed from the freezer and air fried to perfection in minutes!
- Quick and easy these mini meat pies make a great snack, lunch or dinner option.
- Kid friendly, family friendly crowd pleasing!
- Frozen appetisers that can be cooked quickly in an easy manner and simply served with sauce.
- One handed finger food that is perfect for parties, picnics and BBQs!
- Convenience that can be cooked, grab, heat and eat.
- Modern cooking appliance that frees up your oven for other cooking!
- Popular Australian food that is loved by all!
Top tip: If you want to go all out and oven bake your own party pies from scratch freeze them and use the air fryer not oven to reheat!
The photo below shows you the ingredients we need to make the recipe.
As you can see, we need:
- frozen party pies: these are readily available in the frozen section of the supermarket. You can also use fresh mini meat pies (fridge/prepared foods section). They will take slightly less time to cook as they are not frozen to begin with.
- tomato sauce: this is an easy pairing as meat pies and tomato sauce are a classic Australian favourite!
Top tip: If feeding a crowd, have a variety of sauces available such as BBQ and tomato sauce.
This is a very straight forward method for cooking air fried party pies. Start by grabbing the pies from the freezer and preheating your air fryer.
- Add frozen party pies to air fryer basket (Photo 1)
- Cook for 15 minutes (Photo 2)
Top tip: Work in batches if you have a smaller air fryer. It is important not to stack the pies, touching is ok however!
Substitutions and Variations
These days the variety in store for all things cooked in pastry is huge! Be it vegetarian, plant based or vegan, pies can tick all of your boxes.
Here are some ideas that you can incorporate to switch it up a little:
- Serve a combination of party favourites such as sausage rolls and party pies.
- Add alternative sauces eg BBQ and tomato.
- Purchase fresh mini meat pies from the bakery and freeze them for a more premium flavour if basic frozen pies don't have as much substance as you wish.
- Spinach and feta pies, lamb mince pies, bacon and egg pies are all variations on the traditional that go down a treat!
How to Store
How to store
Store the pies in a sealed air tight container for 2 days. They must be reheated prior to consumption. It is not recommended they be eaten cold.
How to freeze
For this recipe, I recommend using either Frozen Party Pies or fresh ones.
You can freeze freshly made or bakery made party pies and freeze them for later use, however if using frozen party pies, it is not recommended that you refreeze them after they have been frozen.
How to reheat
Reheat party pies in the air fryer for 5 to 10 mins till the pastry is flaky and the centre is heated through.
It is always a good idea to have some Air Fryer Sausage Rolls as a pairing for mini meat pies as people get to choose their favourite!
If you are having a party, go all out with appetiser options such as mozzarella sticks, spring rolls and arancini.
- The more expensive the party pies are, the more likely premium quality ingredients and taste of the pies.
- Don't use oil in the Air Fryer basket or on the pies directly as it is not necessary!
- Ensure you preheat your air fryer so that the pies start cooking as soon as you put them into the basket.
- Work in batches if feeding a crowd
- Don't stack the pies, touching is ok though
- Use kitchen tongs or a flat silicon utensil to remove pies from the Air Fryer as they will be hot!
- The filling of the pies will be very hot, so use caution if serving kids to ensure the meat filling doesn't burn the inside of their mouths
- Don't defrost the pies, simply go from freezer to air fryer!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you cook party pies in an air fryer?
You can cook party pies in your Air Fryer, the same way that you can cook them in the oven.
It is a good idea to preheat your air fryer and then simply place fresh or frozen party pies into the basket or lined tray and start cooking.
Can you cook party pies and sausage rolls in air fryer?
You can cook both party pies and sausages rolls in the air fryer.
Both of these foods can be cooked from fresh or frozen.
You can also add both of these foods at the same time ie half batch of party pies and have batch of sausage rolls as they take the same time to cook.
How long do you cook party pies in air fryer?
The party pies will take 15 to 20 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
Simply pre heat the appliance for 5 mins and then cook the pies until the pastry and the centres heated through.
Can you cook a frozen meat pie in an air fryer?
As well as cooking mini meats pies in the air fryer, you can cook regular or family size pies.
The larger the pie, the longer the cook time needed. This also applies to frozen pies be they mini meat pies, standard pie or large size pies.
What are party pies made of?
Party pies are made of a combination of pastry and a saucy beef filling.
What goes well with meat pie?
Serve meat pies with tomato sauce and a side of Mashed Peas.
Pop some Air Fryer Chips in a bowl and call it a complete meal!
Can you cook party pies in the microwave?
You can cook party pies in the microwave, however the results will be drastically different from the oven or air fryer.
If simply wanting to heat the mini meat pies, the microwave will work.
If however, you want crispy or flaky pastry then the air fryer or oven is recommend.
Are party pies already cooked?
Frozen party pies have been cooked prior to be frozen.
As such they only need to be heated prior to consumption.
If using homemade pies with uncooked pastry, you will need to increase the the cook time to ensure that both the meat filling and pastry casing are fully cooked.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
You can use aluminium foil in an air fryer, however, for most recipes you won't need to.
If using it, ensure that the food is on top of it so it does not fly around.
I only recommend using it where it is useful to keep the juices in for example my Air Fryer Pork Belly recipe.
If you love new ideas for air fried foods, you might be inspired by the following. Or check out all of my Air Fryer Recipes!
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Vegetarian Air Fryer Frozen Samosa
- Air Fryer Fish Fingers (Fish Sticks)
- Air Fryer Frozen Mozzarella Sticks (Cheese Sticks)
- Easy Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Air Fryer Party Pies
- Air Fryer
- Flat silicon utensil
- 10 party pies Note 1
- tomato sauce
- Preheat the Air Fryer at a temperature of 180°C/350 F for 5 mins
- Pull the Air Fryer basket towards you, rest on a heat proof surface and place frozen party pies into basket.
- Push the Air Fryer basket back into the appliance and cook the pies for 15 - 20 mins. Note 3
- Serve with tomato sauce
- Note 1 You can use fresh or frozen party pies. If using frozen, don't defrost the pies prior to cooking. Simply remove from the freezer and cook from frozen.
- Note 2 No matter the size of your Air Fryer basket, don't stack the pies. They need to be in one flat layer. They can be squished in and touching but not piled on top of each other.
- Note 3 To ensure the correct cook time for your appliance and the pies, test one by inserting a skewer into the centre of the pies and ensuring no resistance. You can also cut into the top of the pie and push the tip of a finger into the filling to ensure that it it heated through in the centre.