Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos (aka Jalapeno Poppers) are a quick and easy appetizer that taste amazing! The texture and flavour of these stuffed jalapeno poppers will have you coming back for more!
The photo below shows you the ingredients needed for the recipe. They are all simple and easy to find at the local shops.
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- Jalapenos: you need about 10-12 of these. Look for firm fresh jalapenos with smooth skins. The older they are the more wrinkles their skin has (much like us haha!).
- Cream cheese: We use smooth cream cheese as a main ingredients in these stuffed peppers. You can use the light variety or the full fat version.
- Bacon: I buy diced bacon when I am making these stuffed jalapenos. It makes the preparation SO easy! You can also choose to purchase bacon rashers and then chop them into small pieces yourself.
- Dried onion: you will find this in the herbs and spices section of the store. It saves time and tears but still gives you the real onion flavour.
- Garlic powder: this is will also be in the herbs and spices section of the store. You can use 1 teaspoon minced garlic (fresh) if you prefer, however, I find the garlic powder has a more subtle flavor, so it is a perfect pairing with the cream cheese.
- Breadcrumbs: you can use either panko or fine breadcrumbs (or gluten free) whichever is your preference.
Top Tip: If this ingredient combination appeals to you, you might also like my Jalapeno Pinwheels recipe!
Here is the step by step photos to make the recipe. We start by prepping the jalapenos you will need a knife and chopping board.
- Slice the jalapenos in half (Photo 1)
- Remove the seeds and inner stems (Photo 2)
- Add the bacon to a heat proof dish and air fry for 4-5 mins (Photo 3)
- Combine the cream cheese, cooked bacon, dried onion, garlic power and ½ the cheese (Photo 4)
Tasty Tip: we use ½ of the tasty cheese in the stuffing and the remaining on top of the stuffing to help the breadcrumbs stick.
👩🍳 How to Make Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
To make the stuffed jalapenos, make the filling and prepare the jalapenos. Following that we need to stuff the jalapenos.
- Stir the stuffing ingredients until consistently combined (Photo 5)
- Stuff the jalapenos one by one (Photo 6)
- Sprinkle the remaining tasty cheese over the stuffed jalapenos (Photo 7)
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the tasty cheese (Photo 8)
You don't need too many breadcrumbs on top, a small sprinkle for each popper is perfect!
- Place the stuffed jalapenos in to the Air Fryer (Photo 9)
- Cook them for 10 mins till the breadcrumbs are golden brown (Photo 10)
As there are so many models and styles of Air Fryers, there will be different cook times across styles. Keep an eye on them the 1st time you make them and note the time it takes for the cheese to melt and breadcrumbs to change colour
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
Do you love bacon? Is the bacon in the recipe simply not enough and you want more? Then you can wrap your stuffed jalapenos in bacon and roast them!
Simply follow the recipe steps and then wrap a thin rasher of bacon (I use streaky) around each jalapeno.
You may need a tooth pick to keep it in place.
Prior to cooking, they will look like this photo:
Then simply place them in the Air Fryer and let them roast!
If you want to give the bacon a small spray of cooking oil, this will make it extra crispy and delicious!
🛎 Tasty Tips
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- I don't use gloves to remove the seeds but if you are sensitive or worried that the seeds will be too hot, you can do that.
- You can pull the basket out by the handle to check the jalapenos to see how they are cooking
- There are so many sizes and types of Air Fryers that some will cook faster or slower depending on the model, the 1st time you make the jalapeno poppers, check them after 2 mins to see how they are cooking!
If you don't have an Air Fryer (put it on your wish list, trust me!) or make them in the oven like our Cream Cheese Jalapeno poppers method.
🤓 Frequently Asked Questions
Can you roast jalapenos in an Air Fryer?
You can roast jalapenos in an Air Fryer the same way you would in the oven.
Our Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers recipe shows you the step by step instructions for how to oven bake jalapeno poppers.
This recipe shows you how to do the same thing but in your Air Fryer!
How do you make stuffed jalapenos less spicy?
The trick to making jalapeno poppers less spicy is to cut them open and remove their seeds and inner stem.
These are the 'hot bits' of the jalapenos and discarding them before cooking means we are left with the empty scooped out jalapenos.
These are much less spicy as it is the jalapeno seeds that bring the heat to these peppers.
How do you make stuffed jalapenos in the Air Fryer?
To make stuffed jalapeno poppers in the Air Fryer we start by preparing the jalapenos and then stuffing them.
😍More Easy Air Fryer recipes
If you love Air Frying, then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Easy Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Sausages
- Quick Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs
- Fun Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Pita Chips
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Simple Air Fryer Cheese on Toast (too easy!!)
Or check out all of the Air Fryer recipes.
Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Air Fryer
- 10 jalapenos
- 250 grams cream cheese
- ½ cup diced bacon
- ⅓ cup tasty cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 15 mins
- Add bacon to a heatproof dish, place into the Air Fryer and cook for 4- 5mins Note 1
- Use a knife and chopping board to cut jalapenos in half
- Use a knife and teaspoon to remove the seeds and inner stem of the jalapenos
- Combine the cream cheese, cooked bacon, dried onion, garlic powder and ½ the cheese in a bowl and stir till consistently mixed together.
- Spread the cut empty jalapenos out on the chopping board. Use a teaspoon and stuff each jalapeno with the stuffing mix
- Once all of the jalapenos are stuffed, sprinkle the remaining tasty cheese over them
- Then sprinkle the breadcrumbs over each stuffed jalapeno
- Place the stuffed jalapenos into the basket of your Air Fryer and roast for 10 mins or until they are cooked and the breadcrumbs have turned golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite dip (It is Greek Yoghurt) in the bowl shown in the photos.
- Note 1 As we are using our Air Fryer I like to do the entire recipe from start to finish in that. If however, you want, you can use the stove top and a pan to cook the bacon, whatever suits you. If using the Air Fryer, make sure your dish is heat proof!