Air Fryer Hamburgers are quick and easy with juicy beef patties! If you love a good old fashion hamburger, you have to try making them in the Air Fryer, the recipe doesn't get much better than this!
Everyone loves a good wrap your chop around it burger!
They are a family favorite, fair style food that has a familiar homely taste, texture and tenderness.
The juicy beef patties, traditional favorites like lettuce, tomato and beetroot, topped with onions and a little sauce are what brings us back time and time again!
Can I cook burgers in my Air Fryer
Yes, you can cook burgers in an Air Fryer and they taste exactly like a traditional burger does.
Whether you are new to Air Frying or have been doing it for a while and are looking for something different to cook, hamburgers are a great option!
How long does it take to cook a hamburger in an Air Fryer
It takes approximately 10 minutes to cook hamburgers in the Air Fryer!
You can also cook frozen hamburgers, which will add an additional 5-10 mins to the cook time.
The only ingredient we cook is the beef patty, (you can toast the bun if you like too), then comes the fun part of assembling the layers!
Do you need to flip burgers in an Air Fryer
I recommend flipping the beef patty half way through cooking.
Just like you would if cooking on the BBQ or hotplate, simply slide a silicon utensil under the patty, 'flip' then keep cooking.
This allows the patties to get consistently cooked on both sides and allows the air flow to get a sizzle on the hamburgers.
The essentials are the beef patty and burger bun, from there we can have a little fun with the recipe, try:
- cheese (melted and delicious)
The ingredients needed for the recipe are all simple and easy to find at the local shops (except for the homemade sauce).
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- beef patties (fresh or frozen)
- hamburger buns
- spray oil (if desired)
I recommend using a little olive oil on the Air Fryer basket to prevent sticking and to help clean up at the end (no scrubbing)
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe. We start by Air Frying the beef patties.
- Spray basket with a touch of olive oil (Photo 1)
- Cook beef patties for 5 mins (Photo 2)
- Flip patty using silicon flexible turner (Photo 3)
- Cook the patties for an additional 5 mins (Photo 4)
Just like the BBQ, the patties will be a little smokey, tender and juicy.
Let them rest on paper towel for 1 min prior to assembling the burger.
This will let any juices run off and avoid the dreaded 'soggy burger!'
Frequently asked questions
- This is a quick, easy to bring together recipe!
- The only ingredient that gets cooked is the beef patty
- You can cook the patty from fresh or frozen
- You can use your favorite burger buns
- Spray the basket before adding the patties
- My Air Fryer is a 7 litre basket version
- If you have a smaller Air Fryer you can work in batches
- Serve with homemade sauce which is less sweet than traditional
- It takes about 15 - 20 mins from start to finish for the recipe
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Flip the burgers halfway through cooking
- When the patties are cooked, place on paper towel for 1 min to rest
- There will be a little smokiness from the Air Fryer as the patties cook
- There are so many sizes and types of Air Fryers that some will cook faster or slower depending on the model, the 1st time you make the hamburgers, check them along the way to see how they are cooking!
More Easy Air Fryer recipes
If you love Air Fryer cooking then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Easy Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
- Air Fryer Chicken Burger
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Whole Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Sausages
- Juicy Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Simple Air Fryer Cheese on Toast (too easy!!)
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer
- Chopping board
- Paper towel
- 2 beef patties Note 1
- 2 hamburger buns
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices beetroot
- 2 sliced pickles
- onions optional
- Basil Yogurt Sauce
- Turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 10 mins (allow 5 mins to preheat if your model requires it) Note 2
- Spray Air Fryer basket lightly with cooking oil
- Place beef patties flat on base of basket
- Cook beef patties for 5 mins, pull Air Fryer basket towards you, rest on heat proof surface, use a silicon flexible turner to flip patties and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Remove cooked beef patties from Air Fryer and rest on paper towel for 1 min
- Lay all burger topping ingredients out and place burger buns on chopping board
- Assemble the burger. (Start with the lettuce, beef patty, sauce, beetroot, tomato, onions and top pickles)
- Serve immediately
- Note 1 I use fresh (raw) beef patties to make this recipe as shown in the photos. You can use frozen (not thawed) patties, if doing so, allow an additional 5-10 mins.
- Note 2 The burgers will take 10 mins to cook in the Air Fryer, you can either turn the Air Fryer on for 15 - 20 mins whilst prepping the rest of the ingredients ie slicing tomatoes and beetroot or simply turn on for the 10 mins period.