Air Fryer Corn on the Cob is succulent with the kernels bursting in your mouth! The juicy corn gets cooked to perfection for a quick side dish.
Recipes like our Air Fryer Roast Chicken and Air Fryer Chicken Legs get dinner on the table in a flash! Some other veggie options are Air Fryer Portobello Mushrooms, Air Fryer Onions or Air Fryer Roasted Peppers.
Throw some corn in the Air Fryer whilst dinner is cooking and you will have a complete well balanced meal!
This is a quick recipe that ticks the healthy, veggie intake for the day.
Seasoned with a little salt, pepper and chilli flakes, the corn delivers a versatile side dish in effortless style.
This is a great recipe to switch in to give the standard roast potatoes a night off, simply grab the cob and chow on down!
The ingredients you need are shown in the photo below, they are all simple and can be found at the local shop (you might already have some of them!)
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Corn on the cob
- Chilli flakes
- Spray Oil (optional, but recommended)
I love to dollop the butter on the freshly cooked corn as it simply melts into the kernels and sings in your mouth!
What should I Air Fry
Whether you are a seasoned pro or new to Air Fryer cooking, there are some classic recipes that you will want to give a go.
Once you have had some fun learning to cook chicken, fish and snacks, you will likely want to give some healthy options a try and that is where our vegetables come in.
How do I preheat my Air Fryer
To preheat your Air Fryer, you simply need to set the temperature and an additional 5 mins to the total cook time.
Air Frying is known for being a popular, super quick and easy way to get things done.
Most models do not require pre-heating the way a traditional oven does, however, you can turn it on during prep time to get things cooking as soon as you pop the recipe in.
As you can see in the photos below, the whole recipe involves quick, easy steps!
- Add corn cobs to Air Fryer basket (Photo 1)
- Season with salt and pepper (Photo 2)
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes (Photo 3)
- Spray with a touch of cooking oil (Photo 4)
I recommend laying the corn in one flat layer, slightly spread out.
If feeding a crowd, it is better to work in batches and give the corn some space to cook than to stack it. Stacking any ingredients in the Air Fryer is not recommended.
I like to served my Air Fried corn with a little hot sauce.
Sriracha sauce is my usual go to as you can have it on hand and it gives a little 'hot stuff' to the dish.
Another great alterative that you can make at home which is subtle in flavour is my Herbed Yogurt Sauce.
Frequently asked questions
- The recipe is for 3 cobs, cut in half (6 servings)
- Salt, pepper and chilli flakes are used to season the corn
- Lay the cobs in one flat layer
- It takes 25 mins hour from start to finish for the recipe
- My Air Fryer is a 7 litre basket version
- The cobs shouldn't be stacked, work in batches if needed
- This recipe is perfect as a quick (get it on the table) side dish
- The oil is optional but helps to give subtle taste and texture to the kernels
Or have a lot at all Roasted Potato Side Dishes.
Your quick questions answered
- This is a quick, easy to bring together recipe!
- The chilli flakes are optional (if you don't like a little heat)
- If you have a smaller Air Fryer work in batches
- If you are looking to make more, also work in batches
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Spray the basket to start with
- Have a pair of kitchen tongs handy to rotate the corn halfway
- Pull the basket out by the handle to check how the corn is cooking in after the 1st 5 mins (rotate if looking too cooked)
- There are so many sizes and types of Air Fryers that some will cook faster or slower depending on the model.
- More corn cobs will take longer to cook, work in batches (no stacking)
More Air Fryer recipes
If you love Air Frying, then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Family favorite Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Easy Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Onions
- Super cute Air Fryer Mini Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Portobello Mushroom Pizza
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Quick Air Fryer Roasted Red Peppers
- Air Fryer Portobello Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Simple Air Fryer Sausage rolls (perfect party food!)
- Air Fryer Cheese on Toast
Or read through all Air Fryer recipes on the blog.
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- 3 corn cobs cut in half
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ½ tsp chilli flakes optional
- parsley to garnish
- butter to serve
Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 25 mins (5 mins to preheat)
- Add corn cobs to basket (or tray) in one flat layer
- Season corn with salt, pepper and chilli flakes, spray with a touch of cooking oil
- Push the basket back in (or close door) and corn the corn for 10 mins
- Remove from Air Fryer, use kitchen tongs to turn the cobs and cook for a further 10 mins (until kernels are slightly changing colour or have a few spots)
- Serve with a dollop of butter, chopped parsley and your favorite sauce (optional)
- Note the serving portion for the nutritional info is ½ of a corn cob (double if serving whole cob)
Versatile Corn on the Cob
You, me, some corn on the cob and a roast chicken, how bout it?
Air Fryer is compulsory not optional! Haha.
I would LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments below. Please let me know if you make the recipe.
Get a kernel on my friends 🙂