Lime Yogurt Sauce is a citrus sauce with serious tang! Perfect for serving with fish, tacos, chicken or Mexican dishes, it is quick and easy! Yogurt lime sauce can be dipped, dolloped and drizzled on just about anything.
🤍 Recipe Highlights
Lime and yogurt are a tasty combo that brings flavour and texture to dishes.
Elevating chicken and fish to next level yum, it compliments basic flavours in addition to bringing its own melody!
You can use this sauce for dipping, dolloping, dunking and drizzling!
Can you mix lime and yogurt?
Yes you can mix lime and yogurt.
These 2 ingredients have their own unique taste and paired together bring zesty creamy yum to other dishes!
Using both the lime skin (zested) for texture and lime juice for tang, the combination of these 2 flavours works!
What is lime yogurt sauce made of?
The base of this lime yogurt sauce is Greek yogurt.
We bring garlic, salt and pepper to create a depth of flavor and honour the lime by respecting the fruit's 2 greatest offerings.
Everything you need to make the sauce is shown in the photo below. Each are simple ingredients and easy to find!
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Salt and pepper: we use a little salt and black pepper to season the sauce.
- Garlic (peeled and end cut off).
- Lime (zest and some juice of).
- Greek Yogurt (can use low fat).
We pack some punches into the sauce by zesting the lime and deliver knockouts of creamy subtle texture from the yogurt.
Here are the step by step instructions to make this sauce.
You will need a food processor with a sharp blade to begin and a hand held grater (not the shred but the dice blade).
- Use a hand held grater to zest the lime skin (Photo 1)
- Add garlic, salt and pepper and blitz for 2-3 seconds (Photo 2)
- Dollop in Greek Yogurt (Photo 3)
- Sprinkle in the lime zest (Photo 4)
I recommend using whole cloves of garlic and blitzing them yourself. Nothing beats the flavour and texture of freshly diced garlic mixed with a little salt and pepper to season homemade sauce!
- Squeeze ½ the lime into the sauce and taste as you go (Photo 5)
- Blitz to combine the sauce for 2-3 seconds (Photo 6)
I recommend simply slicing the lime that you have zested in half, taking one half of that and squeezing into the sauce a couple of times.
This is a better option than juicing half the lime and then adding it in as you will have less control over the quantity of juice and therefore flavour of the sauce.
When adding the juice, use a teaspoon to taste as you go. 3-4 squeezes of one ½ the lime is spot on yum!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
This sauce is flexible and compliments many dishes you will find on the blog. Some delightful combinations are with:
- Dry Rub Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Jerk Chicken
- Mexican Fries (Mexican Loaded Fries)
- Air Fryer Chicken Skewers
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
I find this sauce pairs well with fish and chicken and simply AMAZING when dolloped on salmon or dunked on sweet potato chips.
In the photo below you can see the partnership of this sauce with the Air Fryer Chicken Skewers. The combo of teriyaki chicken and lime yogurt sauce is practically heaven sent!
With a match like the above, you get the benefit of sweet, salty sauces to marinate chicken or fish as well as smooth subtle creaminess for edible delight!
🤓 Frequently Asked Questions
- This recipe is quick, easy and delicious!
- It takes less than 5 mins to make the sauce
- You have the option to use full fat or light Greek yogurt
- I also recommend using a fresh lime so we can use both the skin for zest (texture) and juice for zing!
- The recipe will make one cup of sauce
- The sauce will last in a sealed jar for 7-10 days in the fridge
- This recipe is not suitable to freeze
😍 More Easy Homemade Sauces
If you love making homemade sauces, I can recommend the following combos of yum:
- Saffron Sauce For Pasta
- Herbed Yogurt Sauce
- Gorgonzola Sauce
- Garlic Yogurt Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Mayo
- Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Basil Yogurt Sauce
- Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Or check out all Homemade Sauce recipes on the blog. It is getting zesty around here my friends!
Lime Yogurt Sauce
- Food processor
- Hand held grater
- Chopping board
- 1 cup Greek yogurt Note 1
- 1 lime zest and juice of Note 2
- 3 cloves garlic skin peeled, end cut off
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Blitz: add garlic, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor with the dice blade and blitz for 2-3 seconds.
- Yogurt: add Greek yogurt and lime zest, place the lid on the food processor and blitz to combine.
- Lime juice and zest: remove the lid of the food processor, taste the sauce, squeeze ½ lime 3-4 times into the sauce, taste again, place the lid back on and blitz for 2-3 seconds till combined
- Serve: recipe will make 1 cup of lime yogurt sauce. Use a spatula to transfer the sauce from the food processor to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Note 1 - Greek yogurt: you can use full fat or low fat Greek Yogurt.
- Note 2 - Lime: We use the zest of the full lime and the juice of ½ the lime
- Note 3 Lime juice: the recipe calls for using only ½ of the lime for juicing. Technically this is 3-4 squeezes of the lime into the sauce. Taste as you go and add more if you wish. The citrus, however, can be very tart and over power the subtle of the sauce, so my recommendation is the 3-4 squeezes. Don't juice the lime separately and pour all that juice in as it will be too much! You really need to taste this one as you go.