Honey BBQ Chicken Wings are seriously finger licking good. Use your Slow Cooker to make them set and forget! Chicken Wing recipes are the stuff dreams are made of. Serve with a side dish for a complete feast!
Honey Soy, Chili Lime, Honey Garlic, Honey Mustard, Sticky, or Teriyaki which of these will be your favourite flavour of Chicken wings? Pop them on a plate with a bowl of Skin on Roast Potatoes, Mashed Peas, super healthy Zucchini and Mushrooms or sneaky plate of Beer Battered Onion Rings.
Chicken wings work as appetizers, as dinner with a side dish or salad, or simple easy finger food!
Our bbq chicken wings marinade is simple to make using only 3 ingredients for a easy slow cooker chicken wings recipe that will ensure a delicious Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!
How do you make BBQ wings?
Oven baking, crockpot cooking or on the BBQ, these wings are SO easy to make!
Can I cook Chicken Wings in a Slow Cooker?
Slow Cooker BBQ Wings make life easy as they are convenient and involve little fuss resulting in slow cooked chicken wings in oven to broil and caramelise the sauce.
To make these wings, we combine our ingredients for the chicken wings marinade, spray the crockpot bowl with oil, pop our wings in, season with salt and pepper then let cook.
When the wings are done we coat with our sweet and sticky honey bbq sauce then place them under the broiler.
How do you know if chicken wings are cooked?
Using the slow cooker to cook your wings is reliable as you can set them for 1 ½ hours and know that they will be ready when the time is up.
The 1st couple of times you cook chicken wings, you can test one by inserting a skewer at the thickest part of the bone and see the colour that runs from it.
You will know that they are cooked as the juices will run clear (ie not pink) and the meat and skin will be white.
Tasty Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
The best way to make wings is to use easy to find, simple ingredients.
You might already have most of these at home already. The sriarcha sauce can be purchased at Coles or Woolworths, I think even some Aldi's sell it!
As you can see the ingredients we need are:
- chicken wings (nibblets)
- BBQ sauce
- sriracha sauce
- shallots (green onions)
- sesame seeds
- salt and pepper (to season)
Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Chicken Wings method
Here are the step by step photos and instructions to make this recipe. We can break down our method into 8 easy steps.
- add BBQ sauce, honey and sriracha sauce to a jug (shown in photos 1-3)
- stir to combine(shown in photo 4)
- cook chicken wings in slow cooker (shown in photo 5)
- use a pastry brush to coat the cooked chicken with the BBQ wings marinade (shown in photos 6 and 7)
- sprinkle wings with sesame seeds and place in the oven for 10 mins (shown in photo 8)
Spicy Honey BBQ Wings
It is known for being spicy and has a little kick to it.
For our wings, we add a touch of it in the marinade to provide a depth of flavour that rivals the best chicken wing recipe in the world!
Chicken recipes for a delicious dinner tonight:
These wings are seriously finger licking good chicken!!
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- we ue prepared (cut) wings known as chicken nibblets
- the bbq marinade uses only 3 ingredients
- sriracha sauce adds a spicy touch but is not TOO hot
- this is a gluten free chicken wing recipe
FAQs about Slow Cooker Sticky Chicken Wings
- spray a little oil into the base before adding the chicken
- lay the wings flat not on top of each other in the crockpot
- season the wings with a little salt and pepper
- cook for 1.5 hrs on high or 3 hrs on low
- this is a family friendly recipe
- This is an EASY recipe
Gluten Free Honey BBQ Wings Pro tips:
These additional tips are so that you can master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- use a jug and small whisk to combine the ingredients for the marinade
- make the marinade first, set aside whilst prepping the wings
- use tongs to transfer the wings into and out of the crockpot (handy method)
- use a pastry brush to coat the wings for a good even coverage of BBQ sauce
- sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the wings after the sauce (to caramelise and stick)
- keep an eye on the wings whilst cooking under the broiler as they cook fast!
Chicken wing marinade, slow cooker, sweet and sticky sauce, finger licking chicken = best recipe ever!
Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Wings
- Slow Cooker
- Baking tray
- Kitchen Tongs
- Pastry Brush
Honey BBQ Chicken Wing recipes
- 800 grams chicken wings Note 1
- ½ cup BBQ sauce Note 2
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbs sriracha sauce Note 3
- sesame seeds Note 4
- shallots to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey BBQ Chicken Wings (Slow Cooker)
- Make the marinade by combining BBQ sauce, honey and sriracha in a glass jug and whisk to combine.
- Spray the base of your Slow Cooker (Crockpot) and use kitchen tongs to transfer the wings into the bowl. Note 5
- Season the wings with salt and pepper. Place the lid on an cook for 1.5 hrs on high or 3 hrs on low.
- Line a baking dish with paper and a wire rack.
- Place the cooked chicken wings onto the rack and use a pastry brush to coat each wing with the BBQ marinade
- Sprinkle sesame seeds onto the sauce over each wing
- Place rack under the broiler for 10 mins, keeping a close eye on it. Sesame seeds will turn a light brown shade and chicken skin will caramelize.
- Garnish with sliced shallots.
- Serve with a salad, side dish or on their own.
- Note 1 You can buy the chicken wings in a whole piece and cut them into 3 OR you can purchase chicken wing nibblets where they have already been cut for you. This makes them SO easy and I love the convenience.
- Note 2 the BBQ marinade will stretch to cover up to 1kg of wings. Double it if you need to make 1kg plus wings.
- Note 3 This sauce has some kick to it!! The BBQ sauce mellows it especially when combined with the honey. So give it a go, as you will likely love the depth and extent of character in the sauce through this spicy but not mouth on fire flavour.
- Note 4 Sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the chicken once you have brushed the wings with the BBQ sauce. They will stick easily. They can also be used as a guide when you have placed the wings under the broiler as the seeds will toast and their colour change inform you that the stick wings are ready!
- Note 5 Lay your wings flat so that they are not on top of each other.
It is a chicken wings party at your place and you have got this! Think sweet, sticky, juicy and tender chicken wings that will fly off the plate.
Stop at the shop on your way home from work and grab the easy ingredients for a delicious mid week chicken dinner.
You have got to love a recipe that pretty much cooks itself and our chicken wing marinade enables this to be one of the most popular slow cooker recipes on the blog!
As always let me know if you have any questions and I would love to hear your feedback in the comments below.
You can't go past chicken wings recipes for dinner and you my friend as going to be the chicken wing marinade masterchef!
Here are some more Tasty Chicken Wings recipe ideas: