Salmon Avocado Toast is a version of our Simple Avocado Toast using smoked salmon as a topping. Combining some all time favourite ingredients, this smoked salmon toast is irresistible!
Smoked Salmon on toast is a delicious recipe that you can easily make at home!
This salmon toast recipe is inspired by recipes that work as dips, spreads and toppings, like our Homemade Almond Butter! Our Chicken Liver Pate, Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade and Easy Green Olive Tapenade bring Sunday brunch to our minds and allow us to relax in style!
Our Fruit Crumble is a way to tick the box of fruit for the day from the 1st meal and our smoked salmon avocado toast makes you feel good from the inside out!
Is Salmon Avocado Healthy?
Salmon Avocado is a popular healthy choice as it is full of good fats!
Often referred to as a healthy way to start your day smashed avocado is an option that fills you up without bacon and eggs being on the menu!
Salmon is full of omega 3 and is a great option for a healthy breakfast that also tastes delicious!
Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
If avocado toast toppings are your thing, here are some options you might enjoy:
- adding a poached egg
- adding spinach
- micro herbs
- additional toasted nuts and seeds
- a side of bacon
Now we are talking delicious breakfast ideas! If dinner is more your thing, try the Smoked Salmon Spaghetti!
Salmon Avocado Toast ingredients
The photo below shows you exactly what we need for this recipe. They are all simple, easy to find ingredients.
As you can see, we have:
- smoked salmon
- sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
Grab the ingredients on a Friday and have breakfast in bed on Saturday morning!
How to make Salmon Avocado Toast
Follow the step by step photos below to make this easy recipe:
- Use a knife to slice the avocados in half (Photo 1)
- Do the same for the fresh lemon (Photo 2)
- Butter one side of each slice of bread (Photo 3)
- Scoop the avocado from the skin into a bowl (Photo 4)
The best utensil for getting the avocado out of the avocado is a soup spoon!
- Use a fork to smash your avocado (shown in photo 5)
- add salt and pepper (shown in photo 6)
- squeeze in the juice from ½ the lemon (shown in photo 7)
- stir and smash to combine (shown in photo 8)
- toast the sesame seeds till light golden brown (shown in photo 9)
- toast bread until crunchy and lightly browned (shown in photo 10)
- spread smashed avocado onto toast (shown in photo 11)
- add smoked salmon layer (shown in photo 12)
Salmon Avocado toast recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- this recipe makes 4 slices of salmon avocado toast
- we use smoked salmon
- we toast the sesame seeds
- drain and discard liquid from capers
- bottled lemon juice is fine! (if you don't have fresh lemon)
FAQs about Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
- the capers add a salty taste and firm texture
- toast the sourdough in the oven, the toaster or a pan on the stove
- leftovers can be eaten cold the next day
- 2 avocados makes enough for the 4 slices of toast
Your quick questions answered:
- This is a quick and easy recipe
- Serve the toast fresh from the oven, with the avo and salmon at room temperature
- This recipe is not suitable to freeze (the bread alone is, but not avo or salmon)
- The sesame seeds can be toasted in the microwave or in a pan
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- purchase more avocado than you need as they can be hit and miss
- add pumpkin seeds to the sesame seeds
- store the smashed avocado in the fridge sealed for next day use
- add micro herbs to the toppings
I use multigrain sourdough for this post. You can use your favourite bread!
The toast can be done on the stove, in the oven or in the toaster, choose your preferred method.
All of your favourite breakfast ideas can be found in these recipes:
- Bacon and Egg Slice
- Smashed Avocado (with egg)
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Zucchini Slice Muffins
- Fruit Crumble
- Baking tray
Salmon Avocado Toast
- 2 avocado firm and ripe
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- 1 lemon Note 1
- 4 slices sourdough Note 2
- butter or spray oil as desired
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 tbsp capers to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Salmon Avocado Toast
- Use knife to cut your avocado in half
- Use a knife to slice the lemon in half
- Use a spoon for scoop the avocado flesh into a small bowl
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the juice of ½ lemon. Discard any seeds that fall in. Note 3
- Toast the sesame seeds Note 4
- Toast the bread slices Note 5
- Use a spoon to scoop the smashed avocado onto the toasted bread. Repeat for each slice.
- Top the avocado layer with a smoked salmon layer
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and capers on each salmon avocado toast slice.
- Note 1 If you want to use bottled lemon juice, you can. We more often have that in our homes than fresh, either or is will fine!
- Note 2 You can use your favourite bread here, white, wholemeal, mutligrain, rye, whichever is your preference!
- Note 3 As I like this being a quick and easy recipe, I don't get out my citrus juicer. Instead I squeeze the lemon half directly into the avocado. Then I pick any any seeds that may have fallen in an discard. There is also 1 less thing to wash up!
- Note 4 I use the flat pan you see in the photos to toast my sesame seeds. You can do them on the stove, in the oven or the microwave. They toast (and then burn) very quickly, so keep an eye on them!
- Note 5 I toast my bread in a moderate oven for 5 mins until golden brown. You can use the toaster, the oven or a pan on the stove. Choose the easiest method for you!
How good is avocado!
There is something so rich and buttery and good about it, but also good fat so it is so easy to indulge in!
You no longer have to go out and get breakfast from the cafe, as you can smash your own avo and have breakfast in bed, yes please!
Avo = life!
Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to hear your feedback in the comments below.