Smoked Salmon Spaghetti is an easy pasta recipe perfect for weeknights! With a simple creamy sauce, this creative spaghetti recipe has texture and taste for quick and easy fuss free pasta!
If creative spaghetti recipes are your thing, you might also like the Artichoke Spaghetti, Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta or Bacon Spaghetti. Or the Garlic Spaghetti for quick, easy and a little bit spicy!
For fuss free pasta, you can't go wrong with the Pesto Penne with walnut crumb!
What is good with Smoked Salmon?
Smoked Salmon and Pasta are like a match made in heaven.
It also works deliciously in breakfast recipes like the Salmon Avocado Toast recipe.
Other ways to serve smoked salmon are:
- on pizza
- in salads
- with eggs
- with a potato side dish
- on toast
- as an appetizer
Do you eat Smoked Salmon hot or cold?
Smoked Salmon can be eaten hot or cold.
It is very versatile and its goes with just about anything!
Try serving smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese, stirred through a pasta salad or fresh and warmed by the spaghetti like this recipe!
How do I make spaghetti more interesting?
Pasta is easy to cooked. Despite that you don't want to have the exact same pasta dish every night.
Switching it up and using different flavour combinations will keep you satisfied and thinking about dinner early in the day!
Spaghetti can be made more interesting by:
- try a tomato sauce instead of a cream sauce
- add pesto
- use fresh herbs (and plenty of them)
- add parmesan cheese
- plenty of garlic
- breadcrumbs for texture
- chilli flakes for a flavour hit
- fresh vegetables for extra healthy pasta
- plant based meats for a vegetarian or vegan option
Sometimes I have made this pasta during the day and reheated at night and the flavours taste even better!
Capers are a delightful addition to any dish as they have great texture. They literally burst in your mouth!
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. Please refer to the printable recipe card for exact measurements and detailed instructions.
As you can see, we have:
- smoked salmon
- parmesan cheese
The capers have a salty unique taste and compliment the smoked salmon perfectly!
How to make Smoked Salmon Spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Cook the pasta, drain, reserve 1 cup of pasta water then add pasta and water to pan (Photo 1)
- add cream (Photo 2)
- use a spoon and stir to combine (Photo 3)
- add spinach leaves and stir again to combine (Photo 4)
The fresh spinach, smoked salmon and dill give this pasta a lovely fresh boost!
You can either sprinkle the flaked salmon pieces over the spaghetti (it will lightly cook from the warm pasta) or . add it into the pasta and let it cook through.
Once the pasta, spinach and smoked salmon are combine we season the dish with dill, capers, parmesan cheese and pepper.
Smoked Salmon spaghetti recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 8 total ingredients for this recipe!
- you can use your favourite type of pasta
- this recipe will feed 4 people
- drain the capers and discard the liquid
- fresh dill is a 'must try' if you are new to it
FAQs about Smoked Salmon Pasta
- this is a quick and easy recipe
- the dish comes together with the simple steps shown in the photos
- you can make the dish ahead of time and reheat when ready
- you can freeze the pasta with salmon and cream sauce, then add fresh spinach and dill
Your quick questions answered:
- for 2 serves, half the pasta, cream and salmon ingredients
- the spinach remains uncooked for the recipe
- it will take 15 mins or less to bring this dish together
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- if cream isn't your thin try a pesto based sauce.
- cook the pasta till it is al dente! It will add another texture to the dish
- squeeze half a fresh lemon over the pasta for an extra zesty freshness!
- freeze this recipe for easy meals on week nights
The dill, capers, parmesan cheese and pepper add great textural variety to the dish and are a great diverse combination to the meaty texture of beef mince spaghetti bolognese.
Pasta is the ultimate comfort food, here are some further recipes you might like to try:
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Artichoke Spaghetti
- Bacon Spaghetti
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rocket Pesto Pasta
- Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Baked Pasta Bolognese
If you prefer a non cream based sauce and are using the Rocket and Cashew Pesto, simply stir through (omit the pasta water for pesto based pasta).
Salmon, spaghetti, spinach, capers and dill = dinner sorted, I've got your pasta back (haha!). Tell me what you think of the tasty deliciousness!
Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Saucepan (or Instant pot)
- French pan (pr fry pan)
Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- 500 grams spaghetti Note 1
- 200 grams smoked salmon Note 2
- ⅓ cup capers
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup reserved pasta water Note 3
- parmesan cheese to taste
- dill to garnish
- cracked pepper to taste
Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, reserve 1 cup of pasta water and set aside.
- In a medium pan on a low heat, add cooked pasta, the pasta water and the cream, stir to combine.
- Add spinach leaves and stir through
- Divide the pasta between 4 serving plates
- Gently pull apart the salmon fillets, into small, flaky pieces
- Top each plate of spaghetti with smoked salmon
- Garnish with cracked pepper, parmesan cheese, dill and capers.
- Note 1 You can use you favourite type of pasta with this recipe. Simply cook according to the instructions on the packet, drain and then follow the remaining steps.
- Note 2 Smoked Salmon is the perfect ingredient for quick and easy meals. It is precooked and can be eaten hot or cold. To serve, gently pull apart and spread around the pasta.
- Note 3 Once you have cooked your pasta, drain it and keep 1 cup of the pasta water. This helps to make the sauce go further and balances out the cream flavour for good balance.