Garlic Spaghetti or the fancy sounding Aglio e Olio is the pasta you need in your life! Like the Instant Pot Garlic Pasta this fuss free recipe delivers taste, simplicity and texture.
Creative Spaghetti recipes from the Instant Pot Rigatoni with Jar Sauce, Smoked Salmon Spaghetti, to the Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese, Tomato Spaghetti, Tuna Spaghetti and Instant pot Spaghetti Bolognese deliver comfort food on a plate!
Garlic spaghetti is easy, it is quick and boy oh boy it is DELICIOUS!!
What does Aglio Olio mean?
Aglio Olio is the super fancy way of saying spaghetti with olive oil and garlic!
A hugely popular Italian dish, it is the combination of simple ingredients, paired together that make it next level delicious!
For those nights when you want home cooked and you crave pasta, but you just can't muster up the effort for too much hard work, this recipe is for you!
How long do you cook spaghetti for?
Al dente is what we are lookig to achieve in cooking this pasta recipe.
That basically means the pasta is still a little chewy, has 'bite' and at the same time provides a great texture in the dish.
Every packet of pasta will have cooking instructions on the back, but my favourite tried and true method is simply to taste as you go. You will find that sweet spot where it is cooked but not mushy and when you do, you have hit the nail on the head!
Garlic Spaghetti (or your favourite Pasta) ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- olive oil
- chilli flakes
- parmesan cheese
The garlic needs only the skin peeled and then we are going to finely slice it before cooking in oil!
How to make Spaghetti aglio olio recipe
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Slice the garlic into thin pieces (Photo 1)
- add garlic to skillet (Photo 2)
- followed by chilli flakes (Photo 3)
- and olive oil (Photo 4)
The garlic is sliced into little pieces which are pure bliss when cooked till clear (see images above and below)
Talk about an easy weeknight spaghetti recipe! We have done the 1st 4 easy steps and are already halfway through the recipe!
- cook the sliced garlic and chilli flakes for 3-4 mins (Photo 5)
- cook the pasta till al dente, drain and add to the garlic oil in the pan (Photo 6)
- plate the pasta on each dinner plate (Photo 7)
- sprinkle with parsley and parmesan cheese (Photo 8)
The garlic, and chilli flakes will cook quickly! This is a very simple recipe that gets dinner on the table STAT!
Garlic Spaghetti recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 6 total ingredients for this recipe!
- make with your favourite type of pasta
- this recipe will feed 4 people (portion size dependent)
- this is a vegetarian recipe
FAQs about Fried Garlic Pasta
- this is a simple recipe that comes together easily
- the chilli flakes give a little kick of heat to your tastebuds
- spaghetti is easy, but you can try penne, macaroni or fettucini also
- the garlic will turn clear as it cooks
Your quick questions answered:
- the garlic will be soft and tender when cooked
- add further greens like rocket and or spinach if you wish
- the recipe takes less than 15 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- cook the pasta till it is al dente! It adds another texture to the dish
- a pesto based sauce can be added for additional flavour
- you can add a little reserved pasta water if you wish for 'sauce'
- parmesan cheese for super cheesy deliciousness!
- freeze this recipe for easy meals on week nights
The garlic will literally melt like butter in your mouth. It is SO good!
This recipe will become your favorite, want but can't, mouth watering get it on the table signature dish!
Pasta is the most indulgent of comfort foods, if you love it too, you will love trying out these recipes also!
- Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rocket Pesto Pasta
- Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle
Gone are the days where Spaghetti Bolognese is the quickest and easiest pasta. These spaghetti recipes and comfort food on a plate dishes will drive you home any night of the week!
- 500 grams spaghetti Note 1
- 8 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- parmesan cheese to serve
- parsley to serve
Garlic Spaghetti (Aglio e Olio)
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to package instructions
- Use a knife to finely slice each garlic clove
- Add sliced garlic, chilli flakes and olive oil to skillet. Bring to a medium heat and cook for 3-4 mins or until garlic is clear
- Drain pasta and add cooked spaghetti to garlic oil mix
- Plate and top with parmesan cheese and chopped parsley
- Note 1 Spaghetti is my favourite type of pasta for this recipe. However, it will work with other pasta, so use your favourite!
Easy Spaghetti recipes are the difference between wanting to get dinner on the table and being able to get dinner on the table!
Week nights especially are busy, busy and there is little time for creative or complicating cooking.
With my quick and easy pasta recipes, you won't need to worry as I have you covered!
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
Spaghetti - check, garlicky goodness - check, chilli to keep us awake - check, cheesy deliciousness, would I give you anything less, haha, never!!