Bacon Spaghetti is like a dream come true! Combining 2 all time favourite ingredients, this creamy bacon spaghetti is quick, easy and gets dinner on the table in less than 15 mins.
Bacon and pasta, is like a hug for your heart.
Bacon Spaghetti is like going to heaven, asking what they eat there, then coming back and making it yourself!
Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
Greek Yoghurt is used to add a creamy texture to this recipe as we use it in place of traditional cream.
We also use a standard technique of reserving some of the water we cook our pasta in and then we use that to thin the yoghurt to make a smooth and creamy white pasta sauce.
The bacon and garlic combo is paired to perfection and takes only minutes to cook!
Recipes with bacon and pasta work as the flavours and textures go together like Batman and Robin.
Pasta with bacon and cheese
For comfort food cooking, just like your mum's, pasta with bacon and cheese ticks ALL of the boxes.
Or for a vegetarian pasta try the Garlic Spaghetti recipe.
Parmesan is the best type of cheese for this recipe as it has a strong bite to it and the flavour compliments the other simple ingredients in the dish.
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- rocket leaves (arugula)
- Greek Yoghurt
- parmesan cheese
Tasty tip: If you purchase pre diced bacon, you will saved yourself even more time!
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Peel the skins, cut the end and dice your garlic (Photo 1)
- Add diced bacon to a fry pan (Photo 2)
- Add the diced garlic to the bacon (Photo 3)
- Cook for 3 - 4 mins (Photo 4)
You won't need oil for the bacon and garlic, but a splash of wine does wonders!
The bacon and garlic will cook at the same speed as the garlic is finely diced, so it doesn't need as long as when we cook with whole cloves of garlic.
- Cook the spaghetti and keep 1 cup of the water, pour that into the cooked bacon (Photo 5)
- Add the Greek Yoghurt (Photo 6)
- Stir to combine to make the pasta sauce (Photo 7)
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to combine (Photo 8)
The Greek Yoghurt adds a rich and lovely flavour to the pasta, which is a nice change to other cream only sauces!
- Portion and plate your spaghetti (Photo 9)
- Garnish with rocket, parmesan cheese and cracked pepper (Photo 10)
Bacon Spaghetti recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 8 total ingredients for this recipe!
- you can use spaghetti, fettucine, or linguine
- or use your favourite type of pasta!
- this recipe will feed 4-6 people
- we cook the bacon and garlic together before adding them to the pasta
- you can use spinach leaves in place of the rocket if you like!
FAQs about Creamy Bacon Spaghetti
- this is a super easy recipe that is quick to prepare
- the pasta water helps thin the yoghurt for a simple pasta sauce
- the bacon and garlic will only take 3-4 mins to cook
- you can cook the rocket till it wilts or serve with the pasta uncooked
Your quick questions answered:
- I purchase pre diced bacon (too easy!)
- the Greek Yoghurt melts with the hot pasta water and thins out
- the recipe takes less than 15 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- Cook the pasta till it is al dente! It will add a little more bite to the dish.
- A pesto based sauce can be substituted for the white cream pasta sauce.
- Serve with parsley for a herb-y delicious flavour.
- Freeze the recipe as a meal prep idea!
The bacon, garlic and cheese create a creamy dreamy cheesy pasta that is a great change from a traditional spaghetti bolognese!
😍 More Easy Pasta Recipes
Pasta is the most ultimate of comfort foods, here are some further recipes and ideas you might like to try:
- Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Artichoke Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rocket Pesto Pasta
- Sausage Spaghetti
- Garlic Spaghetti
If you want to try one of the pesto sauces with the bacon and garlic instead of the creamy yoghurt sauce, you won't need to add the pasta water.
I've been baconing up a storm, aha!! For you and you are going to love it!
- Fry pan
- 500 grams spaghetti Note 1
- 600 grams diced bacon Note 2
- 3 cloves garlic Note 3
- 1 cup low fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cup reserved pasta water Note 4
- ¼ cup parsley to garnish
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- cracked pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid
- Add the bacon and diced garlic to a fry pan and cook for 3-4 mins. Note 5
- Add 1 cup reserved pasta water to the cooked bacon, followed by the Greek Yoghurt. Use a spoon and stir till combined with a consistent colour.
- Add cooked pasta into the creamy garlic bacon sauce, stir till combine and allow to heat through.
- Portion and plate the spaghetti
- Garnish with rocket, parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.
- Note 1 Spaghetti is my favourite to use with this recipe. You can use your favourite type. eg Fettucine, linguine, penne etc.
- Note 2 I prefer to purchase pre-diced bacon. It is so much easier and not much more expensive. For nights when I am in a hurry (pretty much every night), diced bacon will save time and energy!
- Note 3 I use a fancy little garlic chopper to dice my garlic - SO EASY! You can use minced garlic if you like, but for this one, I reckon that freshly diced results in the best flavour.
- Note 4 Simply place a heat proof jug under the colander when you drain the water and use 1 cup of that with the yoghurt to make the sauce.
- Note 5 I don't add oil if I am cooking bacon and garlic as the fat from the bacon will ooze out and help cook it. This also saves you from an overly oily dish. I do, however, sometimes depending on mood, add a splash of white wine in as these 2 cook as it sizzles, releases a lovely fragrance and makes cleaning up easier at the end as you can scrap stuck bits off the pan as you go.