Sausage Spaghetti with a simple tomato sauce is heaven on a plate! Cherry Tomato Basil Pasta is a winning combination and is such a quick and easy recipe making dinner fuss free!
Easy Spaghetti recipes like the Artichoke Spaghetti, Smoked Salmon Spaghetti, Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta and Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti need to be in your home cookbook!
My Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese and Instant pot Spaghetti Bolognese, make traditional spag bowl recipes a great option! But if vego pasta is your favourite, try the Garlic Spaghetti recipe!
Sausages are an easy ingredient to use for a quick pasta dish.
Whether you use leftover sausages or cook the sausages and add them to the pasta, each way gives you a quick meat based pasta with little prep time.
Spaghetti with sausage is an easy pairing and combined with some cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and a simple tomato sauce, your pasta can be Italian inspired and delicious!
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- sausages (beef, chicken, pork or vegetarian)
- basil leaves
- cherry tomatoes
- tomato soup
- crushed tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
If using left over sausages, simply chop into pieces and reheat with the cherry tomatoes! You can use Air Fryer Sausages if you like!
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions, we start by making the sauce:
- Make the pasta sauce by combining tomato soup (Photo 1)
- With the crushed tomatoes (Photo 2)
- Add salt and pepper to season (Photo 3)
- Stir to combine (Photo 4)
Once your sauce is mixed together, set it aside so you can get the pasta and sausages under way.
If using uncooked sausages, cook for a couple of minutes before adding the cherry tomatoes.
- Use a knife to chop the sausages and tomatoes (Photo 5)
- Transfer to a skillet or fry pan (Photo 6)
- Cook for 5 mins till sausage pieces are heated through (Photo 7)
- Pour pasta sauce over sausages and tomatoes and stir to combine (Photo 8)
Frequently asked questions
- there is 8 total ingredients for this recipe!
- you can use spaghetti, fettucine, or your favourite pasta
- or use your favourite type of pasta!
- this recipe will feed 4-6 people depending on portion size
- we cook the sausages and cherry tomatoes together before adding them to the pasta
- you can use spinach leaves in place of the basil leaves if you like!
- this is a super easy recipe that is quick to prepare
- the pasta sauce is so simple to stir together
- the sausages and cherry tomatoes will only take 5 mins to cook
- add the basil leaves in and simply stir, they don't get cooked or heated
Your quick questions answered
- I used leftover cooked sausages (honey beef)
- the salt and pepper is added to the sauce for seasoning
- the recipe takes less than 15 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- cook the spaghetti till it is al dente! (to add a little more bite to the dish)
- a pesto based sauce can be substituted for the tomato pasta sauce
- use Italian Sausage for a traditional Italian Sausage Spaghetti
- freeze the cooked dish for easy meals during the week
Substitute the Rocket and Cashew Pesto or Basil and Cashew Pesto for the tomato pasta sauce if you want a pesto pasta flavor to the dish.
This spaghetti will seem a little lighter in the belly than a full on spag bowl which has a higher meat to pasta ratio.
Everyone loves spaghetti and it is the ultimate comfort food! Here are some further pasta recipes and ideas you might like to try:
- Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Artichoke Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rocket Pesto Pasta
- Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Lemon Ricotta Pasta
Easy of these recipes have ease and convenience in mind. They don't take AGES to prepare but still have maximum flavor!
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Hunger still got you? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
- 500 grams spaghetti Note 1
- 1 bunch basil leaves Note 2
- 400 grams crushed tomatoes Note 3
- 400 grams condensed tomato soup Note 4
- 4 sausages
- 2 tbs parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water according to package instructions
- Drain and set aside
- Use a knife to cut sausages into small bite sized pieces and cherry tomatoes in halves
- Add sausage pieces and cherry tomatoes to a skillet and cook for 3-4 mins until heated through
- Make the pasta sauce by combining the crushed tomatoes, condensed tomato soup, salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta sauce over the cooked sausages and tomatoes
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet and stir together with the sauce, sausage pieces and tomatoes
- Pull basil leaves from stems and add to the top of the pasta
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.
- Note 1 You can use your favorite pasta, eg penne, curly, fettuccine, linguine etc.
- Note 2 The basil leaves really make this dish.I encourage you to try them. If you don't want the basil flavour in the pasta, you can use spinach or rocket leaves instead.
- Note 3 You can also use diced tomatoes if you like. Or whole peeled tomatoes and chop them into smaller pieces with kitchen scissors.
- Note 4 I use this ingredient in a number of pasta dishes. It has a great rich tomato flavour plus is a good size for sauces. You can use passata as a substitute, the only down size being that it will come in a larger 700 gram bottle and you will have leftovers or an extra saucy pasta if you choose to use more (as to not waste the rest of the bottle).
Terrific photos. Definitely putting this recipe in our dinner rotation next week!
Thanks Jill, I am happy to hear your feedback on my recipe.
Jessica Formicola says
My family loves pasta, so we are making this for dinner tonight! I can't wait to try it out!
That is great to hear Jess, thanks for your feedback, hope the whole family loves it! Thanks