Instant Pot Fudge is a fudge recipe that you simply cannot live without! Instant Pot recipes make life easy and this chocolate fudge is smooth, chocolaty and insanely delicious!!
Learning to make fudge in your instant pot is a fun way to use this awesome kitchen appliance for another favourite recipe. The Instant Pot works for sweet, savory, breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes!
Instant pot dessert recipes save time, energy and effort! Make chocolate fudge super easily and without too much fuss!
Use the slow cooker function of the instant pot with the lid OFF!
Instant Pot recipes for dessert
There is a wide variety of delicious recipes that you can cook in your instant pot!
Chocolate fudge as a dessert recipe is a simple and easy way to make a traditional recipe in a modern way.
It is very similar to using your slow cooker to make this recipe, but a little bit quicker!
The slow cooker function of our instant pot allows us to melt the chocolate at a good slow pace!
Instant Pot Fudge ingredients
The ingredients needed for this recipe are simple and easy to find at your local grocery store. They are shown in the photo below:
The water shown in the photo above is needed for the cooking process. We don't add it in with the other fudge ingredients.
This recipe is for chocolate fudge, but you can also make it with dark chocolate or white chocolate.
How to make fudge in Instant pot?
It is super easy to make fudge in the Instant Pot. There is step by step photos and instructions below:
We start by adding water to our Instant Pot then put the trivet and a heatproof bowl inside.
The 1st ingredient we add is our chocolate, then the sweetened condensed milk.
- then we add the butter
- using the slow cooker function of the instant pot (lid off)
- let the chocolate melt
- stir occasionally a few times as it melts
Instant Pot Fudge step by step instructions
Once the chocolate has melted and been stirred together with the rest of our ingredients, we can transfer it to a lined slice tray.
- lighten tap the tray to flatten the fudge, decorate with sprinkles and set in the fridge (photos 9-12)
The chocolate fudge will be ready to transfer to the slice tray approximately 15 - 20 mins after you begin cooking it.
One it has set in the fridge (approximately 2 hrs), you can remove it and slice into small pieces.
- the fudge pieces can be as big or small as you like
Fudge is a perfect dessert recipe as it allows bite size indulgence that can be prepared in advance.
- Chocolate Covered Pears (with crunchy granola)
- Redskin Fudge (perfect for Valentines Day)
- Caramel Fudge
- No Bake Chocolate Cake
- Dark Chocolate Rocky Road
- Dark Chocolate Bark
Try milk, dark or white chocolate fudge and have fun with different toppings!
Frequently asked questions
- the bowl needs to be heatproof
- we use 500 grams chocolate melts
- we add water to the Instant pot bowl which heats to melt the chocolate
- have some tea towels or silicon gloves ready for the bowl will be hot to handle
- this is an EASY recipe!
- we use the trivet that came with the instant pot
- as well as our own heatproof bowl
- we use the slow cooker function to cook the fudge
- it will take 15-20 mins for the fudge to melt and mix
- the lid must be off the entire time
- my slice tray measures (28 x 17.5 x 5 cm)
- this is a family friendly recipe
- this is an EASY recipe
Instant Pot Fudge Pro tips
These additional tips are so that you can master fudge making in your instant pot from the 1st time you cook it:
- set the instant pot to 15 mins
- stir the chocolate fudge ingredients as they melt
- work quickly when removing from the instant pot and transferring to the slice tray
Te serve the fudge, simply cut it into pieces and either store in a sealed air tight container or zip lock bags.
The fudge will last as long as you can resist eating it piece by gloriously delicious piece!!
Use your Instant Pot to make these recipes
Making fudge in the instant pot is going to be your new favourite thing to do!
Choose your favourite type of chocolate and get to it.
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
I've got you covered for fudge in the instant pot and you will be melting your way to chocolate heaven!
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Instant Pot Fudge
- Instant Pot
Instant Pot Fudge
- 500 grams chocolate melts Note 1
- 397 grams sweetened condensed milk Note 2
- 50 grams butter
- multi-coloured sprinkles Note 3
Instant Pot Fudge
- Add 2 cups of water to the bowl of your instant pot
- Place the trivet that came with your instant pot into the stainless steel bowl
- Press the Slow Cooker button and set the time for 15 mins Note 4
- Add chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and butter to the heatproof bowl
- Leave the lid off and allow the chocolate fudge mix to melt and mix.
- Use a spatula to stir to combine every 5 mins. Note 5
- When the chocolate has fully melted and been stirred together to combine, transfer it to a lined slice tray.
- Hold either end of the slice tray and tap for the chocolate to smooth and flatten.
- Decorate the fudge with sprinkles.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hrs
- Cut into bite size pieces to serve.
- Note 1 I used milk chocolate melts for this recipe. But you can also use dark chocolate or white chocolate.
- Note 2 This amount is for a standard sized tin of sweetened condensed milk.
- Note 3 Use either multi-coloured or your favourite colour and style of sprinkles to decorate!
- Note 4 The timer for the slow cooking won't work in the same manner as the count down when using your instant pot for pressure cooker. Rather it is to give you a time frame to follow as the chocolate melts. It is better for the chocolate to be fully melted and mixed together which will take an extra couple of mins than when it is initially melted. All bits of chocolate should be fully melted to then mix and pour into the lined slice tray.
- Note 5 You will need a tea towel to hold the edge of your instant pot and heatproof bowl as you stir as it will likely move around a little bit. The bowl will be hot.