Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce is a super quick and easy recipe to dinner on the table in the simplest way possible!
If you want to make Spaghetti from scratch in the Instant Pot, with a homemade sauce (a more challenging recipe) then check out my Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese. To learn the basics check the Instant Pot Spaghetti Noodles.
We use basic ingredients for this recipe. You can find them all at your local supermarket. Here is a photo, so you know exactly what you need:
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- dried spaghetti
- meat sauce
- Italian herbs
- Parmesan cheese
- cracked pepper
These simple ingredients mean there is no hard work involved and the recipe will come together effortlessly.
This is perfect for those nights when it is stressful just thinking about what to have for dinner. Having this recipe in mind will keep it super stress free!
To make this recipe, we start by cooking the pasta.
- Add dried spaghetti to inner pot (Photo 1)
- Pour water over the spaghetti to cover (Photo 2)
- Add a pinch of salt (Photo 3)
- Press the pressure cook button (Photo 4)
It does make a difference how you put the spaghetti into the pot so check out my Instant Pot Spaghetti Noodles recipe on how to master that step.
- Set to high pressure (Photo 5)
- Adjust the timer to suit cook time (Photo 6)
- Once spaghetti has cooked, quick release pressure (Photo 7)
- Remove lid, avoid steam and drain (Photo 8)
Now that the pressure cooking is done, we are going to use the sauté mode (like we would use a sauce pan on the stove).
- Add meat sauce to spaghetti (Photo 9)
- Sprinkle in some Italian herbs (Photo 10)
You will notice that the pot will heat straight away. This is because it is still hot from when we used the pressure cooker mode.
Simply stir the spaghetti, meat sauce and Italian herbs together till sauce and pasta are hot and ready!
It will take 3 - 5 mins for the sauce to cook and then comes the fun part of topping with your favourite spaghetti toppings.
Try Parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and fresh parsley!
Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Quick info
- this is a simple recipe using meat sauce from a tin
- we take the traditional sauce pan method and covert to the Instant Pot
- to start cook the pasta 1st for this recipe, drain then add the sauce
- we add Italian herbs for an extra depth of flavour
FAQs Meat Sauce Spaghetti Pressure Cooker
- you can use your favourite meat sauce
- we use both the pressure cook mode and the saute mode
- this is an EASY recipe
- a family friendly recipe
- Mum (Mom) friendly dinner
- freezer friendly recipe
- if you want to make a more complicated recipe, using mince and cooking the sauce from scratch, use the Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese recipe.
- the Instant Pot will heat as it pressurizes (so it is normal for it to seem like nothing is happening after you have pressed all the right buttons)
- it will take 3 - 5 mins for the pasta and sauce to heat up, stir continuously during this time to avoid the pasta sticking (it takes longer to clean up if you don't!)
If you love pasta and trying ingredient and sauce combinations give the following a go:
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese
- Garlic Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Spaghetti with Jar Sauce
- Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Instant Pot Pasta Primavera
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Instant Pot Rigatoni with Jar Sauce
- Tomato Mac and Cheese
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Tuna Spaghetti
- Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
If pasta is your favourite easy dinner option, then find more inspiration here > pasta recipes.
PIN and save the recipe for later!
- Instant Pot
- Wooden spoon
- 500 grams dried spaghetti Note 1
- 400 grams spaghetti sauce with beef Note 2
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs Note 3
- 2 ½ cups water Note 4
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Cracked pepper to garnish
- Parsley to garnish
- Add dried spaghetti to the inner stainless steel pot (Note 1)
- Pour the water over the spaghetti so it is just covered. Poke any pieces into the water that stick up too much and add a pinch of salt.
- Seal the lid on the Instant Mode, select Pressure Cook, then select High Pressure, next adjust the timer to be the packet instructions divided by 2 minus 1.
- Once the pasta is cooked, press the quick release button and once safety value has dropped back down, remove the lid and use oven mits to take the inner pot out. Drain the spaghetti into a colander over the sink
- Add the inner pot back to the Instant Pot, press the saute mode, add the drained spaghetti, pour in the sauce, Italian herbs and stir till pasta and sauce is heated through (3-5 mins)
- Top with Parmesan cheese, parsley and cracked pepper.
- Note 1 This recipe will work for all pastas so if you want to use your favourite pasta, for it, just make sure you check the packet and modify the cook time accordingly.
- Note 2 You can use your favourite meat sauce also. They are some great ones these days that come fresh in the fridge section of the store or go old school and use the tinned version.
- Note 3 The Italian herbs are optional, however they are a simple way to make meat sauce taste better.
- Note ** For more al-dente spaghetti don't spread the spaghetti out quite as much (you will use less water), for super soft spaghetti, spread out in criss cross fashion (you will need more water), the cook time for each with be the same.