Artichoke Spaghetti with fresh lemon and spinach is an easy pasta recipe perfect for weeknights! This fuss free artichoke pasta has a simple lemon cream sauce and is dotted with capers and parmesan cheese.
Artichoke Pasta is a vegetarian spaghetti and has different textures to Spag Bowl!
Canned Artichoke recipes
You will be able to find both canned and jarred artichokes at the local store.
They will be with the antipasto, olives, dips and capers.
They are a versatile ingredient and melt like butter in your mouth!
Uses for canned artichokes:
- in salads
- for pasta
- in a dip
- on an antipasto board
- as an appetizer
- for casseroles
Do you eat Artichokes hot or cold?
Artichokes (canned or jarred) can be served hot or cold.
They are very adaptable and can be used in a number of dishes.
Lemon Artichoke Spaghetti (or your favourite Pasta) ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- parmesan cheese
The lemon and artichoke combo is zingy and fresh!
How to make Artichoke Spaghetti with Spinach and Capers
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Cook the pasta, drain, reserve 1 cup of pasta water then add pasta and water to pan (Photo 1)
- add cream to the cooked pasta (Photo 2)
- use a spoon and stir to combine (Photo 3)
- squeeze fresh lemon juice into pasta and stir to combine(Photo 4)
The pasta water combines with the cream to make a light easy pasta sauce!
As the artichokes come cooked already, we simply need to reheat them. This is a very quick process!
Artichoke Spaghetti recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 8 total ingredients for this recipe!
- make with your favourite type of pasta
- this recipe will feed 4 people
- drain the artichokes and discard the liquid (oil)
- fresh spinach and lemon are better than frozen
FAQs about Artichoke Spinach Pasta
- this is a simple recipe that comes together easily
- the pasta water helps thin the cream for a simple pasta sauce
- you can reheat the artichokes in with the pasta or separately and add on top
- you can cook the spinach till it wilts or serve with the pasta uncooked
Your quick questions answered:
- for 2 serves or the recipe, 1 jar of artichokes will be plenty
- you can use rocket leaves in place of spinach if you like
- the recipe takes less than 15 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- cook the pasta till it is al dente! It will add another texture to the dish
- a pesto based sauce can be substituted for the creamy pasta sauce
- serve with lemon slices for extra lemony delicious drizzle!
- freeze this recipe for easy meals on week nights
The artichokes will literally melt when you bite into them, combined with the capers, spinach, parmesan and parsley this creative spaghetti recipe gives you dinner in a hurry and pasta that is not traditional!
Pasta is the most ultimate of comfort foods, here are some further recipes and ideas you might like to try:
- Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rocket Pesto Pasta
- Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
If you would prefer a non cream based sauce try the Basil and Cashew Pesto and simply stir through the spaghetti (omit the pasta water for pesto based pasta).
- Sauce pan
- Fry pan or (French Pan)
- 500 grams spaghetti Note 1
- 560 grams grilled artichokes Note 2
- 2 lemons Note 3
- 1 cup light cooking cream Note 4
- 2 cups spinach leaves Note 5
- 1/2 cup capers Note 6
- parmesan cheese to garnish
- cracked pepper to garnish
- Place a medium sauce pan on the stove, fill it with water and cook pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Add cooked pasta and pasta water to a large fry pan or french pan.
- Pour cream into fry pan and stir to combine
- Squeeze lemons over the pan, to add fresh lemon juice, discard any seeds from the lemons.
- Add artichokes to spaghetti and cook till warmed through
- Serve with fresh spinach, capers, parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.
- Note 1 You can use your favourite pasta for this recipe! Spaghetti, penne, tagliatelle, fettuccine and linguine all work well with the textures and combination of flavours.
- Note 2 To make this recipe as simple and fuss free as we can, we use jarred grilled artichokes. They are usually sold in approximately 280gram - 300 gram sizes. 1 jars is plenty for 2 people, or 2 if serving 4 people. We drain and discard the liquid.
- Note 3 I am a fan of bottle lemon juice and it is handy for some recipes. For this recipe, however, the fresh lemons work best. They bring that zesty fresh flavour that you only get from fresh lemons.
- Note 4 Light or full fat cream works. I use the 'cooking cream' version.
- Note 5 Fresh spinach leaves are best for this recipe. You can add them with the artichokes and stir through till wilted, or serve fresh and uncooked.
- Note 6 Drain and discard the liquid (brine) from the capers. It has a very salty taste and is good to preserve the capers, but is not needed in the recipe.
I think we would be hard pressed to find someone who didn’t like a good spaghetti recipe!
There is a methodical delight in getting your fork and your twirl on and enjoy pasta for dinner.
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
Artichokes, spinach, capers, lemon, it sounds like heaven to me! Spaghetti at yours is sorted and all you need is your fork.