Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle is a delicious mushroom pasta perfect any night of the week! This creamy tagliatelle recipe is rich in flavour and texture and perfect as a vegetarian dinner option!
Mushrooms are a perfect solution to Meatless Mondays when you want to kick start the week with a vegetarian dinner recipe.
Tagilatelle is a type of pasta most closely aligned with fettuccine or spaghetti.
A egg based pasta with a thicker yet flatter texture, it is a great alternative pasta that you may not have tried before.
If traditional tubular spaghetti is your thing, you can use that or substitute your favourite pasta.
This dish is all about the mushrooms and the tagliatelle doesn't mind playing second fiddle.
Creamy Tagliatelle with Mushrooms (or your favorite pasta)
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- tagliatelle (or your favourite pasta)
- Swiss brown mushrooms
- button mushrooms
- dried thyme
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
For the parmesan use the type that you grate yourself or shredded/shaved parmesan cheese
How to make Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle (or your favourite pasta)
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Mince the garlic (Photo 1)
- Pour olive oil into a small bowl (Photo 2)
- Add minced garlic (Photo 3)
- And dried thyme (Photo 4)
We use the olive oil, garlic and herbs to create a paste to roast our mushrooms in!
- Add salt and pepper to the oil (Photo 5)
- Use a mini whisk to combine (Photo 6)
- Thinly slice some of the mushrooms (Photo 7)
- Roughly chop some of the mushrooms (Photo 8)
The joy in this dish is using different techniques to cut the mushrooms so that we get a variety of shapes and sizes which add texture to the dish (it is SERIOUSLY yummy!) .
- Brush the mushrooms with the seasoned oil (Photo 9)
- Add butter to mushrooms and pop in the oven (Photo 10)
- Make the pasta sauce starting with the cream (Photo 11)
- Add in the chopped parsley (Photo 12)
- Add the cooked mushrooms to the cream and parsley (Photo 13)
- Stir to combine to create the creamy mushroom sauce (Photo 14)
- Cook the pasta, keep the water as you drain and add the pasta to the sauce (Photo 15)
- Stir again to combine (Photo 16)
Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 11 total ingredients for this recipe!
- this recipe works well with tagliatelle, fettucine or spaghetti
- or you can use your favourite type of pasta!
- this recipe will feed 4 - 6 people portion size dependent
FAQs about Creamy Tagliatelle with Mushrooms
- this is a super easy recipe that is quick to prepare
- the creamy pasta sauce is so straightforward - simply stir together
- you can cook the mushrooms in a pan on the stove if you wish
- this is a vegetarian pasta recipe
Your quick questions answered:
- I use a combination of button and swiss mushrooms
- the thyme is a lovely compliment to the mushroom flavour
- the recipe takes less than 30 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- cook the tagliatelle till it is al dente! (adds a little more bite to the dish)
- a pesto based sauce can be substituted for the creamy pasta sauce
- use a combination of mushrooms for flavour
- use a variety of cuts to the mushrooms to create texture
This pasta is a great alternative to a meat based spaghetti recipe!
Pasta is loved by all as it is the ultimate comfort food! Here are some further recipes and ideas you might like to try:
- Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Artichoke Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rocket Pesto Pasta
- Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Sausage Spaghetti
- Anchovy Spaghetti
If quick and easy pasta is your thing, you might also like the Anchovy Spaghetti recipe.
Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle
Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle
- 250 grams tagliatelle egg pasta Note 1
- 200 grams Swiss brown mushrooms Note 2
- 400 grams button mushrooms Note 3
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 50 grams butter
- 600 ml cream
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- cracked pepper to serve
Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350-375°F / Gas Mark 4-5
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt and pepper and stir to combine
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice some of the mushrooms
- Then use a knife to roughly chop the rest
- Add all of the chopped mushrooms to a baking dish and use a pastry brush to coat them in the seasoned oil
- Pop the butter into the baking dish also and then place the dish on the middle rack in the oven, roast for 15 mins
- Bring a pot of boiling salted water to the boil and cook tagliatelle according to packet instructions Note 4
- Drain the pasta and keep the pasta water
- Make the sauce by combining the cream with the chopped parsley at a low heat in a large flat saucepan
- Use an oven mit to remove the mushrooms from the oven and transfer into the cream and parsely, stir to combine
- Add the drained cooked pasta to the creamy mushroom sauce, stir to combine. Add a little of the pasta water as needed to thin the sauce
- Serve with parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and parsley.
- Note 1 This pasta is easy to find. It will be with the other pasta at the grocery store. It is in small bundles in the packet and will say either tagliatelle or egg pasta. (You can however, use fettucine, spaghetti or your favourite pasta also).
- Note 2 These mushrooms look exactly like button mushrooms but they are a light brown in colour. It is great to use 2 types of mushrooms in this recipe for flavour and texture!
- Note 3 These are the standard white mushrooms you commonly see at the grocery store or fruit shop.
- Note 4 I like my pasta to be aldente (a little firm still) as it has a great bite to it. Try this, by boiling till cooked, but still a little chewy.
Pasta, isn't it the best thing since sliced bread?
This recipe gives you a delicious dish using a much loved vegetable that delivers on taste with texture!
Some nights this will be the pasta you craved, especially if you want a Meatless Monday recipe!
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
Pasta - check, delicious oven roasted mushrooms, check, amazingly delicious tagliatelle for dinner, check!