Green Olive Dip is a quick and easy recipe packed with bold flavours! This olive dip is perfect for entertaining, simple to make and versatile enough to serve with crackers, chips or veggie sticks!
This recipe can be made in advance and stored in the fridge till needed!
Our Olive Tapenade recipes sing of sophistication.
What is Green Olive Dip?
Green Olive Dip is simply a dip made from green olives.
We use stuffed green olives for this recipe (with the small red pimento peppers), cream cheese and a few other ingredients for flavour!
Olive recipes are popular for entertaining as the recipes showcasing their flavours can in fact be very easy!
In fact, a simple Olive tapenade using kalamata olives can blow your mind with garlicky goodness but take only minutes to bring together.
How do you use green olives?
Green Olives pack punches of taste and colour with many serving options.
You might like to try these ideas:
- with pita chips
- on a grazing platter
- for a cheese board
- with pasta
- on pizza
- for tapenades
- in salads
Or, here is an Easy Crostini recipe you can make to serve the dip with!
Green Olive Dip ingredients
The photo below shows you exactly what we need for this recipe. They are all simple ingredients and can be found at your local store:
As you can see, we have:
- stuffed green olives
- cream cheese
- dried onion
- garlic powder
- olive brine
- salt and pepper
The olive brine is simply the liquid that comes in the jar with the olives. We only need 2 tbs of it, generally the jar will have a little more than that!
Easy method to make cream cheese Olive Dip
The photos below show you the steps we take to make this recipe, it is all done in the food processor.
Firstly, you start by putting the ingredients in:
- Add olives to the food processor (Photo 1)
- blitz the olives till chopped up (Photo 2)
- add the cream cheese (Photo 3)
- followed by the dried onion (Photo 4)
The dried onion will save you time and tears but makes no compromise on flavours!
- add olive brine in next (Photo 5)
- followed by garlic powder (Photo 6)
- then salt and pepper (Photo 7)
- blitz to combine (Photo 8)
You guys know I love showing you my before and after pics, so you know EXACTLY what to do and how things will look along the way.
Before after the pre combining and post combining pics to really show you want to do!
This recipe is SO easy. The blitz to combine will take 5-10 seconds!
Green Olive Dip quick info:
About the recipe:
- we use stuffed green olives for the recipe
- alternatively you can use pitted green olives
- drain the olives (but keep the liquid)
- that liquid is brine and we need 2 tbs of it for the recipe (as an ingredient)
FAQs about cream cheese olive dip
- the pimento stuffed olives brings the red flecks of colour
- the garlic powder and dried onion will be in the spices section of the store
- This can be prepared ahead of time and kept refrigerated
- For serving suggestions think crackers or chips
This recipe will also work being served with Homemade Pita Chips!
Your quick questions answered:
- This recipe is quick and very easy!
- the dip is served cold
- blitz the olives only briefly so till a little chunky
- This recipe is VEGETARIAN
- This is an EASY recipe
This is what I have learnt:
- the stuffed green olives give a slight colour contrast in the dip appearance
- the brine is perfect to add the olive flavour in contrast to the chopped olives
- only blitz till olives are diced but you can still work out individual ingredients (about 5 secs)
- make the recipe in advance and store in the fridge till ready to serve
Get the party started with these entertaining ideas:
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Coconut Prawns (with 2 different dipping sauces)
- Grazing Platter (to feed a crowd)
- Labneh Dip
- Baked Chicken Meatballs (with homemade satay sauce)
- Mini Quiches (12 different ways)
- Baked Brie with garlic
- Kalamata Olive Dip
Or make the Ultimate Crudite Platter following my top 10 tips and tricks.
Chips are an easy serving option for this recipe as you can literally open the bag and throw them on the plate.
Green Olive Dip
- Food processor
Green Olive Dip
- 2 cups green olives Note 1, 2
- 250 grams cream cheese at room temperature, Note 2
- 2 tbs olive brine Note 2
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
Green Olive Dip
- Add olives to the food processor and blitz for 5-10 seconds to roughly chop
- Add cream cheese, garlic powder, dried onion, salt, pepper and brine to the chopped olives.
- Blitz for 5-10 seconds to combine
- Serve with chips, crackers or pita chips
- Note 1 You can use pitted (seeds removed) or stuffed green olives or a combination of both, but you need 2 cups. We drain the olives but keep the brine and use 2 tbs of that in the dip. I use a tall 450 gram jar of Spanish stuffed green olives.
- Note 2 The reason we use room temperature cream cheese is that it is much softer and therefore quicker to blitz it. Straight from the fridge, it is a little too firm (achievable but not as super easy). So grab it out 1st and let it sit for a bit.
You can't really go wrong when using olives as appetizers as they hold their own and deliver.
This recipe brings you flavour and texture and tells the boring old bland dips to take a hike!
Salty, briny taste - check, crunch crunch for serving - check, yum and oh olives you tasty good - of course!
Let me know if you have any questions, I would love to hear your feedback in the comments below.