Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs are a super quick and easy recipe! Perfect for parties, these mini corn dogs are fun and loved by all!
This is party food that is quick, easy and fun!
Taking less time than ever to prepare the mini corn dogs are cooked (from frozen) to perfection, drizzled with some sauce and ready for eating!
In Australia we call them Dagwood Dogs and they are also known as Pluto Pups, a sausage on a stick, covered with batter and when cooked dunked in sauce for the eating!
If it's game day, a kid's birthday party or the neighbors coming round, this fun recipe needs to be on the menu!
How long does it take to cook mini corn dogs in Air Fryer
Mini Corn Dogs take less than 15 mins to cook in the Air Fryer!
Using store bought frozen mini corn dogs, we simply need to cook till the batter is crispy and the sausage melts in your mouth.
The ingredients needed for the recipe are all simple and easy to find at the local shops.
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- mini corn dogs (frozen)
- spray oil (optional)
We start by lightly spraying the Air Fryer basket (if you don't want to use oil, omit this step).
- Add mini corn dogs to Air Fryer (Photo 1)
- Cook for 14 mins (Photo 2)
Cooking the mini corns dog for 14 mins gets the batter crispy, crunchy and delicious, all you need now is your favorite sauces!
One thing to keep in mind for this recipe is that as all models of Air Fryers are different some will cook faster or slower than others.
The goal is to get the batter crispy and the sausage bursting with juiciness!
Overcooking will result in the sausages busting out of the batter, so keep on eye on them!
In the photo above you can see I am serving the mini corn dogs with ketchup and mustard - the best ever way to serve them!
Frequently asked questions
- This recipe makes 6 mini corn dogs
- These are store bought, frozen corn dogs
- Spray the basket when a touch of oil to ensure no sticking
- Serve with your favorite sauce (ketchup, mustard, BBQ)
- My Air Fryer is a 7 litre basket version
- If you have a smaller Air Fryer you can work in batches
- I made 6 mini corn dogs in one batch
- It takes about 13-14 mins to cook the corn dogs from frozen
- It takes a total of 15 mins from start to finish for the recipe
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Spray the Air Fryer Basket (or line the tray) to start (if you are worried about the batter sticking)
- You can pull the basket out by the handle to check the mini corn dogs are cooking after 2 mins
- There are so many sizes and types of Air Fryers that some will cook faster or slower depending on the model, the 1st time you make the mini corn dogs, check them along the way to see how they are cooking!
More Air Fryer recipes
If you love Air Frying, then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
- Fun Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer Onions
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Pita Chips
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Simple Air Fryer Cheese on Toast (too easy!!)
Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs (Dagwood Dog, Pluto Pup)
- Air Fryer
Air Fryer Mini Corn Dogs
- 6 mini corn dogs
- spray oil
- mustard to serve
- ketchup to serve
- Turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 15 mins (5 mins to preheat)
- Lightly spray Air Fryer basket with cooking oil or line tray with baking paper
- Place Mini Corn Dogs in one flat layer, slightly spread out
- Cook for 7 mins, use tongs to turn and cook for a further 7 mins
- Serve with ketchup and mustard
- Note for nutritional information for this recipe, check the packet you purchase for accuracy
Dagwood dog, pluto pup, corn dog or 2?
This is one of those quick and easy fun food ideas, I just had to share with you!
You won't need to go to the fair or Ekka again when you can cook these party food corn dogs easily in the Air Fryer.
You, me, mini corn dogs and some mustard, doesn't it sound saucy!! Haha.
Give this one a go my friends and the door will be knocking!
I would LOVE to know your feedback in the comments below, please let me know if you try the recipe!