Air Fryer Beef Kabobs are quick, easy and seriously delicious! Juicy and succulent you can serve them with herb salad and garlic yogurt sauce. They involve minimal effort yet deliver maximum yum. Steak kabobs in air fryer are perfect any night of the week!
Beef kabobs are a quick, easy and delicious recipe the whole family can enjoy.
Make dinners fuss free and simple by using the air fryer to cook the beef perfectly every single time.
The beef skewers can be paired with a simple salad for dinner and drizzled with garlic yogurt sauce for an irresistible flavor combo.
The ingredients needed for the recipe are all simple and easy to find at the local shops. Please refer to the printable recipe card for specific ingredient measurements.
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Beef (purchase diced or dice yourself)
- Red onion
- Red capsicum (bell pepper)
- Green capsicum (bell pepper)
- Wooden skewers (soaked)
- Salt and Pepper: a small amount of each is needed to season the meat.
- Garlic yogurt sauce: this is a homemade sauce that is super easy to make using simple everyday ingredients.
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe.
We start by soaking the skewers and seasoning the beef. Then you will need a knife and chopping board to prepare the onion and capsicum (bell peppers).
- Season beef with salt and pepper (Photo 1).
- Use a knife and chopping board to chop the onion into pieces (Photo 2).
- Do the same to cut the red capsicum (Photo 3).
- Followed by the green capsicum (Photo 4).
When preparing the onion and capsicums (also known as bell peppers), aim for 2 cm square pieces which will be easy to thread.
- Gather the ingredients and drain the water from the skewers (Photo 5).
- Thread kebab sticks with beef, bell pepper and onion (Photo 6).
- Place flat in air fryer basket and cook for 10 mins (Photo 7).
- Then use kitchen tongs to rotate to the other side (Photo 8).
Tips and tricks
You can lightly spray the Air Fryer with olive oil if you wish, but I don't find it as necessary for this recipe as much as something like Air Fryer BBQ Wings which have a sweet syrupy sauce that is likely to stick and create a lengthy clean up.
The kebab sticks will be hot to touch, so I recommend using the tongs to grab hold of the centre of the skewers to make rotating too easy!
I find these beef kabobs only take 15 mins to cook in the Air Fryer.
This is mainly due to the very little meat and also not super thick width of each of the pieces of skewered beef.
In the photos below you can see I have served my skewers with my Garlic Yogurt sauce. It brings a subtle, creamy wow factor to the dish, reminiscent of donor kebabs.
Another recommendation is serving these with the Horseradish Yogurt Sauce, it is a delightful combo!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put kebab sticks in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can use kebab sticks (also known as wooden skewers) in the Air Fryer, just like you would in the oven, stove or BBQ hot plate!
The trick you need to know (and it is imperative) is to soak the kebab sticks in water so that they are not too dry whilst cooking.
Another handy tip is to ensure that you check the length of your skewers (kebab sticks) to know that they will fit in your Air Fryer.
You don't want to go to all that work in soaking and threading your kebab sticks only to realize that they are too long for the air fryer!!
Do skewers need to be soaked?
Yes, skewers need to be soaked before using.
If you have a read of the Air Fryer Chicken Skewers, you will hear me talking about the importance of soaking wooden skewers before using them to cook with.
Obviously if you are using metal skewers, this step can be skipped. Also on this note, silicon tipped metal skewers are also fine to use in the Air Fryer.
For this recipe, we can start by adding the wooden skewers to a baking dish, pouring water over to cover and then setting aside whilst we prepare the remaining ingredients.
What kindof beef is used for kabobs?
I recommend using casserole beef when making kabobs.
It is a reasonably inexpensive cut of meat that is easy to find.
It doesn't matter if you purchase pre diced meat or you want to dice it yourself.
If you purchase diced beef, avoid the beef strips which are better for stir frys and instead choose chunky beef that you would use in a stew.
If you are preparing and cutting the beef yourself, use a knife and chopping board and aim for 1-2 cm square ish pieces.
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- Soak the kebab sticks whilst preparing the ingredients
- Rotate the beef kabobs halfway through cooking
- I recommend a 10 min cook, then flip, then 5 min cook
- There are so many sizes and types of Air Fryers that some will cook faster or slower depending on the model, the 1st time you make the beef skewers, check them along the way to see how they are cooking!
I do recommend the rotation of the kabobs during the Air Frying process to allow the meat and vegetables that were flat to receive air flow to all parts.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you love Air Fryer cooking then check out the following recipes for inspiration:
- Easy Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
- Air Fryer Onions
- Juicy Air Fryer Spare Ribs
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Whole Air Fryer Roast Chicken
- Air Fryer Sausages
- Juicy Air Fryer Corn on the Cob
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
Get your beef on a skewer my friends!
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Air Fryer Beef Kabobs
- Air Fryer
- Chopping board
- 500 grams casserole beef
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 green bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 red onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- garlic yogurt sauce
- Add kabob sticks to a baking dish, cover in water and allow to soak
- Season beef with salt and pepper and stir to combine
- Use a knife and chopping board to cut the beef, bell peppers and capsicum into 1-2 cm pieces
- Drain water from skewers and gather ingredients ready to thread skewers
- Thread each kabob with a combination of red onion, seasoned beef, green bell pepper and red bell pepper, repeat till all ingredients are threaded Note 1
- Turn the air fryer on to 180°C/350 F for 15 mins (preheat for 5 mins if your model requires it)
- Cook kabobs for 10 Mins, then pull basket towards you, rest on heat proof surface and use tongs to rotate. Push basket back in and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Serve immediately with garlic yogurt sauce and salad.
- Note 1 You will find that when you get to the end, you may have a couple more pieces of 1 ingredient compared to others. This is fine, keep threading till you have used everything up even if it means less uniform consistency!
- Note 2 This recipe makes 9 - 12 kabobs. The nutritional info is per 1 beef kabob.
Recipe published July 2021, updated September 2022 so it is easier for you to read ( ❤ ).