White chocolate crackles are the must have party food! Quick and super easy to make everyone from little kids to big ones will love these. They can also help make them! Only 5 ingredients needed for the recipe. Rice bubble chocolate crackles let's us get our crackle on 😉!
🤍 Recipe Highlights
I have summarised everything that you will come to know and love (LOVE ❤) about the recipe in the points below:
- Simple, easy to find ingredients: the copha will be in the fridge section of the supermarket where the butters are. Everything else will be found in the cooking aisle.
- Quick and easy: need a sweet treat in a hurry? These can be your go to. They take less than 15 minutes to make and only need 1 hour to chill 👍😉.
- Kid friendly and family friendly: they will be suitable for all ages, people and parties.
- Versatile: you have the option to add nuts and sprinkles or omit. Have a read of my substitutions and variations for more ideas that you can try!
- Taste and texture: there is nothing like an audible crunch when biting into a sweet treat! These chocolate crackles will tick the 'crunch' box, loudly 😂😉!
The photo below is to show you everything you need to make the white chocolate crackles recipe. Please refer to the printable recipe card for specific ingredient measurements as well as detailed instructions.
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- Sprinkles: optional for decorating. They do add nice pops of colour to the otherwise plain white chocolate crackles.
- Copha: you will find this in the refrigerated section of the store, likely where the butter and solid lard is. It is vegetable shortening that is made with coconut oil.
- Desiccated coconut: this is the most common type of coconut sold. It is the short, uniform type, not the shredded longer type.
- Icing Sugar: this is also known as confectioner's sugar. It is a soft, white, powdered not granulated type of sugar.
- Rice bubbles: you might know them as rice krispies. You don't need to get a premium brand, home brand is totally fine!
Tasty Tip: as the crackles are white, white patty paper liners are not the best colour choice for the recipe. Go for a bright bold colour or use multi coloured wrappers.
Here at the step by step instructions to make the white rice bubble crackles. We start by lining a muffin tin with patty papers.
- Line muffin tin with paper wrappers (Photo 1)
- Melt copha (Photo 2)
- Combine the dry ingredients (Photo 3)
- Add the melted copha (Photo 4)
👩🍳 How to Make White Chocolate Crackles
The basic steps that we take to make the white chocolate crackles are combining the dry ingredients, adding melted copha to them and then stirring together till consistently mixed.
- Stir to combine (Photo 5)
Once the mixture has been stirred together, it is time to transfer it to the lined muffin tin. 2 spoons, 1 in either hand is a simply way to so this.
- Portion the mixture into the liners (Photo 6)
Once you have transferred the mixture into the muffin tin, you have the options of popping the tray into the fridge to set. Or, if you want to decorate the crackles now is the time to do it so that they will stick to the wet mixture and be stuck on there when they have set.
- Decorate the crackles with multi coloured sprinkles (Photo 8)
Once the pops of colour have been added, chill for at least 1 hour in the fridge (the crackles, not you, haha 😂👍). Although it is pretty dang hot today in Brissie so that may help!
🍽 Serving Suggestions
The chocolate crackles are perfect to serve at parties or take to a bake sale or morning tea at work!
They pair well with other party foods and can work as a take home treat from kids parties too!
Serve them either cold from the fridge or at room temperature (as long as it is not too hot they won't melt 😉).
👍 How to Guide
How to Store
Store the white chocolate crackles in a sealed air tight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
😉 Substitutions and Variations
Here are my sub ins and outs that you might be thinking about as you read the post and I will tell you if I think they will work or why they won't:
- You can see from the photos throughout the post that I am using coloured sprinkles. You can use the same or you might want to try adding marshmallows, nuts, smarties, mini m and ms or cachous balls (the ones that you would have eaten a lot when little and found the packet in the cake decorating shelf of the cupboard and not worried about your teeth as you snuck a few 😂!!).
- If you want to make a chocolate version of these my Coco Pop Crackles is a great guide for how to achieve that variation on the recipe.
💡 Tasty Tips
Here are my top tips and tricks that I want to share with you so that you master the recipe from the get go:
- The handle of the glass jug that you use to melt the copha will be very, very hot!! Use a tea towel or oven mit to grab it out as opposed to only your bare fingers😉👍.
- As the ingredients for the recipe are 'pale' brighten up the end result by using coloured patty pan liners or adding colourful sprinkles to bring pops of colour.
🤓 Frequently Asked Questions
What is copha?
Copha is a solidified vegetable cooking oil.
What can I use instead of Copha?
The best substitute for copha in chocolate crackles is to use coconut oil instead.
What is Copha called in USA?
Crisco vegetable shortening is a similar product to copha and is sold in the USA.
😍 More Easy Party Food Recipes
If you love getting your party on woot, then I have several more ideas for you to enjoy experimenting with (😉👍🥰). Try each or any of the following ideas:
- Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer Party Pies
- Chocolate Mint Truffles
- Candy Pinwheels
- Peanut Butter Pinwheels
- Cheese and Bacon Pinwheels
- Cornflake Biscuits
- Marshmallow Chocolates
It is party time my friend and as I mentioned at the start.. time to crackle!!
White Chocolate Crackles
- 1 Muffin tin
- 12 Patty Pan Liners
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 1 Heatproof measuring jug to melt the copha
- 1 Wooden spoon to stir and combine the mixture
- 1 Dessert spoon to spoon the wet mix into the liners
- 1 Soup Spoon combined with the above to spoon the wet mix into the liners
- 4 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar sifted
- 250 grams/9 oz copha
- 2 tablespoons multi coloured sprinkles optional
- Prepare the muffin tin: line a 12 cup muffin tin with patty pan liners.
- Combine dry ingredients: add rice bubbles, sifted icing sugar and coconut to mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Melt copha: place copha into heatproof jug. Microwave for 5 minutes on high to melt. Use a tea towel around the handle of the jug when removing from the oven.
- Combine: pour the melted copha into the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir and combine.
- Transfer: use a combination of a desert spoon and soup spoon to portion the wet mixture into the patty pan liners. Repeat to fill all 12.
- Decorate: the top of each white chocolate crackle with sprinkles, then place the muffin tin into the fridge to set. Chill for a minimum of 1 hour.