Thai Chicken Pizza with sweet chili sauce is a homemade healthy pita bread pizza! This chicken flatbread pizza recipe is quick and easy to prepare, perfect for Friday nights!
Friday night recipes are THE BEST. Easy recipes like our Chicken Noodle Stir Fry and our many flavours of chicken wings are perfect when you are a little tired if you have had a hectic week! The Sweet Chilli Chicken thighs are succulent and juicy!
Bring an Asian twist to chicken with sweet chilli sauce!
Pita bread pizza recipes like our Artichoke and Blue Cheese Pizza bring great flavour without the bulk of heavy pizza dough.
Pita Pizza Toppings can be a combination of any flavours you like. This sweet chili sauce Thai Pizza is reminiscent of a pizza I used drool over years ago when I worked at a local pub.
You can make this as a Thai Chicken Naan Pizza if you want using traditional style naan bread !
Thai Chicken Pizza ingredients!
This recipe is about super simple, easy ingredients. Let's have a look at what we need. Your visual shopping list is here:
- wholemeal pita bread
- cooked chicken
- sweet chili sauce (also known as sweet chilli sauce)
- pak choy (can use buk choy)
- shredded coconut
This is a quick and easy recipe, so you can have it on the table in 15 mins from start to finish!
Sweet Chili Sauce works as an easy pizza sauce as you can literally spread it on the pizza base and throw the toppings on top! The only cooking we are doing here is the pizza!
How to make Thai Chicken Pizza
It is EASY to make this pizza. Here are the steps to get it onto the table:
The steps above are:
- Cut the pak choy and slice the lime into wedges (photo 1)
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper & lay pita bread on top (photo 2)
- Pour the sweet chili sauce onto the pizza base (photo 3)
- Spoon it out (photo 4)
- spread the sauce out to cover entire pizza base (photo 5)
- place the chicken pieces onto the sauce layer (photo 6)
- sprinkle your cashews around in between chicken (photo 7)
- add grated cheese on top (photo 8)
When making pizzas at home, I like to layer ingredients and cook a couple of times as I go. I have found this is the best technique to making each layer hot and well cooked!
After adding the chicken, pop the baking tray in a preheated oven for 2-3 mins. Do the same once the cashews and cheese are on top. The cheese here helps to stick the ingredients above and below together.
Pizza topping ideas
Here are some further ingredient combos you might like to try:
- peanuts in place of the cashews
- buk choy in place of the pak choy
- peanut sauce in place of the sweet chili sauce
- parmesan cheese in place of the grated cheese
Thai Chicken Pizza Quick info:
FAQ's about the recipe:
- this recipe makes 1 large pizza
- mozzarella, shredded, tasty or light are all good cheeses to use
- the sweet chilli is not 'hot' yet has a mild spicy taste
- This is a super EASY recipe
Expert tips for success:
- line a baking tray with paper so the pizza doesn't stick to the tray (ultra crispy)
- ensure the oven is preheated so that the pizza cooks quickly!
- pop the pizza into the oven each time you have made a new layer (2-3 mins)
- for leftovers the next day, wrap in baking paper and keep in the fridge
The fresh lime wedges create a taste sensation when lightly squeeezed onto the freshly cooked pizza.
Thai cooking is known for authentic strong flavours. Using the sweet chili sauce, pay choy and coconut ensure this pizza is tied to its traditional origins.
Friday night dinner ideas
No one wants to cook intensely on a FriYAY night. These recipes are quick, easy and get dinner on the table FAST!
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Sausage Rolls
- Taco Soup with black beans
- Turky Chilli Con Carne
Thai Chicken Pizza
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Pizza wheel
Thai Chicken Pizza
- 1 large wholewheat pita bread for pizza base
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup cooked chicken Note 1
- 1 bunch pak choy Note 2
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut Note 3
- 1 lime
Thai Chicken Pizza
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350-375°F / Gas Mark 4-5
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and place pita bread pizza base on top
- Use a knife to roughly chop the pak choy and slice the lime into wedges
- Spread sweet chili sauce over base and use a spoon to spread covering surface
- Place cooked chicken pieces on top and bake for 2 - 3 mins
- Use an oven mit to remove baking tray from the oven, add cashews and ½ the cheese, bake again 2 mins
- Add chopped pak choy, coconut and remaining cheese, place in oven for 2 mins or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Use a pizza wheel to slice and serve with fresh lime wedges
- Note 1 You can use any sort of cooked chicken you like. Leftover roast chicken works, shredded chicken or cooked sandwich style chicken breast are all good options.
- Note 2 Pak Choy and Buk Choy are very similar looking and tasting Asian vegetables. Pak Choy (shown in photos) has a green based stem and buk choy has a white based stem.
- Note 3 This coconut is the long thin shredded variety that will be with the nuts around the cooking section of the store. It is different from desiccated coconut. We want this for texture and taste. Desiccated coconut would be too thin and not provide the texture we are looking for. So shredded coconut is best in this recipe.
Pita Pizza Toppings
Cooking is easy, when you can have a few ideas for quick recipes that make life easy.
The topping combinations for pita bread pizzas are endless.
But this one is SO GOOD you will want to make it every Friday night.
I've got your post work need food, craving an easy healthy dinner covered and you will LOVE the flavours!
I would love to hear your feedback in the comments below. As always sing out if you have any questions.