Asian Chicken Pizza with sweet chili sauce is a quick and easy pizza, perfect for Fridays and weekends. With simple ingredients paired for maximum flavour, this pizza will tick all of your boxes.
🤍 Recipe Highlights
This recipe has a number of things to love about it and highlighted below are the points I think you will love the most.
- Unique flavour pairing: save the tried and tasted many times ham and cheese or pepperoni and go for a new flavour combination that you haven't tried before.
- Everyday ingredients: all of the ingredients needed to make the recipe are easy to find at the local supermarket. No need to go to the Asian store for anything specific!
- Quick and easy: this pizza will come together in around 30 mins from start to finish. Get dinner done faster than it can be ordered online and delivered!
- Homemade pizza: some people much prefer homemade pizza to take out and some swear that the local pizza joint makes the best ever! The main difference is that with homemade pizzas you have a lot more room to be experimental and try something different, you never know, you might love it!
The photo below is to show you everything we need to make the recipe. For exact measurements, scroll to the printable recipe card below.
- Wholemeal pita bread: you can choose to make this pizza on pita bread for a healthy option or use homemade or store bought pizza dough.
- Cooked chicken: I save time and energy and use chicken meat that has been cooked already (it will be in the fridge section).
- Sweet chili sauce (also known as sweet chilli sauce): this is easy to use as a pizza sauce as you simply spread it on and it's ready to go.
- Bok choy: this is an Asian vegetable that is easy to find at the local supermarket. It has great texture and flavour.
- Lime: grab a lime or 2 and squeeze it over the pizza when it is ready to be served. It brings a zesty freshness to the recipe.
- Shredded coconut: this is a unique pizza topping, but trust me with this combo, it really works! It brings both texture and taste to the pizza.
- Cashews: another somewhat unusual ingredient for a pizza topping, but pairing blissfully with the other ingredient, I recommend using roasted unsalted cashews.
- Cheese: you can use your favourite pizza cheese! I like to use shredded parmesan as it has great bite and flavour but doesn't overwhelm the flavour in the pizza toppings.
Note: Bok choy and Pak choy are very similar Asian vegetables. You can use either for the recipe and the only prep work is to cut it into chunky pieces.
Here are the step by step instructions to make this recipe. We start by preparing the bok choy. You will need a knife and chopping board.
- Cut the pak choy and slice the lime into wedges (Photo 1)
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper & lay pita bread on top (Photo 2)
- Pour the sweet chili sauce onto the pizza base (Photo 3)
- Spoon it out (Photo 4)
- Get ready to top the sweet chilli sauce (Photo 5)
- Add cooked chicken pieces to the sauce (Photo 6)
- Then add the cashews (Photo 7)
- Next add the cheese to the pizza (Photo 8)
- Cook the pizza for a couple of minutes to allow the base pieces to heat through (Photo 9)
- Add the pak choy or bok choy on top (Photo 10)
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on vegetables (Photo 11)
- Then top with cashews and coconut (Photo 12)
How to Make Asian Chicken Pizza
To make the pizza, we start by spreading the pizza sauce on the base then topping with the various ingredients.
Using a knife and chopping board, you will need to prep the boy choy so that it is ready to spread on top of the pizza.
You can use the back of a soup spoon and spread the sauce as this is an easy tried and true method!
Then simply layer.
Add the chicken, cashews and cheese (this will help the Asian vegetables stick to the pizza topping).
Next add the pak choy (or bok choy) to the top of the pizza, sprinkle the cheese then cashews and coconut on top.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
There is not a lot you need with this pizza to make it ultra yum!
A glass of pinot gris does go down a treat with it however.
If you are wanting an Asian feast, you can serve the Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls as an entrée.
😉 Variations and Substitutions
Here are some further ingredient combos you might like to try:
- Peanuts in place of the cashews
- Bok choy in place of the pak choy
- Peanut sauce in place of the sweet chili sauce
- Parmesan cheese in place of the grated cheese
🤓 Frequently Asked Questions
What are common Asian pizza toppings?
Asian pizza toppings include BBQ pork, duck, BBQ sauce, pineapple, onion and bell peppers.
Asian vegetables can also be easily chopped and use for a pizza topping.
What is Chinese style pizza?
Chinese style pizza is usually Western Style pizza with ingredients that are more popular in Chinese foods than usually found on Western pizzas.
From sauces and slight tweaking of ingredients, Chinese pizzas can be made that will tick the new, interesting and different boxes.
Is pizza popular in Asia?
Pizza is popular all throughout the world including Asia.
The most noticeable difference is the ingredients and flavour combinations.
💡 Tasty Tips
Here are my top tips and tricks for getting the pizza right from the get go:
- Line a baking tray with paper so the pizza doesn't stick to the tray (ultra crispy)
- Ensure the oven is preheated so that the pizza cooks quickly!
- Pop the pizza into the oven each time you have made a new layer (2-3 mins). This will ensure all ingredients are super cooked through.
- For leftovers the next day, wrap in baking paper and keep in the fridge
😍 More Easy Take Out Style Recipes
No one wants to cook intensely on a FriYAY night. These recipes are quick, easy and get dinner on the table FAST!
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Bruschetta Pizza
- Ciabatta Pizza
- Air Fryer Portobello Mushroom Pizza
- Beef Yaki Udon
- Chicken Yaki Udon
- Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry
- Easy Sausage Rolls
- Taco Soup with black beans
- Turkey Chilli Con Carne
PIN and save the recipe for later!
Asian Chicken Pizza
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Pizza wheel
- 1 large whole wheat pita bread or pizza dough
- ¼ cup sweet chili sauce
- ½ cup cooked chicken Note 1
- 1 bunch pak choy Note 2
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut Note 3
- 1 lime cut into wedges, squeezed over to serve
- Preheat the oven: preheat your oven to 180°C / 350-375°F / Gas Mark 4-5.
- Prepare the baking tray: line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and place pita bread pizza base on top.
- Prepare the vegetables: use a knife to roughly chop the pak choy and slice the lime into wedges.
- Spread the sauce: spread sweet chili sauce over base and use a spoon to spread covering surface.
- Add the pizza toppings: place cooked chicken pieces on top, add cashews and ½ the cheese. The add chopped pak choy, coconut and remaining cheese.
- Cook the pizza: place the pizza into the oven to cook for 20 mins.
- To serve: remove the pizza from the oven, use a pizza wheel to slice and serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Note 1: Chicken: You can use any sort of cooked chicken you like. Leftover roast chicken works, shredded chicken or cooked sandwich style chicken breast are all good options.
- Note 2 Pak Choy and Buk Choy: are very similar looking and tasting Asian vegetables. Pak Choy (shown in photos) has a green based stem and buk choy has a white based stem.
- Note 3 Shredded coconut: This coconut is the long thin shredded variety that will be with the nuts around the cooking section of the store. It is different from desiccated coconut. We want this for texture and taste. Desiccated coconut would be too thin and not provide the texture we are looking for. So shredded coconut is best in this recipe.
Published April 2020, updated August 2022 with more tasty tips for you 🥰😘😍!