Jalapeno Pizza (Pineapple Jalapeno Pizza) is a flavour packed pizza that is quick and easy to make. Full loaded with pineapple, bacon, jalapenos and a cream cheese sauce this combination will tick all of your boxes.
Recipes like my Basil Artichoke Pizza and Pear Gorgonzola Pizza are unique combinations that give us options other than meatlovers.
My Garlic Pizza Bread is perfect to serve alongside a salad like my Pear Gorgonzola Salad.
❤ Recipe Highlights
I have summarised the reasons I think you will love this recipe in the points below.
- Spicy: this is a spicy pizza that will make your mouth watery and lips tingle. There is great flavour from the jalapenos and you will taste it.
- Pairings to mellow: as much as I have given you spice, however, I have given you a cream cheese sauce and pineapple pieces on top to balance out the spice, so it is all kindofs of yum, not can't eat it yum!
- Homemade: is homemade pizza better than store bought? Some would argue that it is and some would say it is not. I will let you be the judge of that, but we all know you need a few great homemade pizza combinations up your sleeve for the nights you want to cook and not Uber in.
- Thick crust or thin and crispy: choose the pizza base of your preference. Some people love a thick chewy dough and some insist on thin and crispy all the way. Or make 2 pizzas, one thick and one thin based.
The photo below is to show you everything you need to make the recipe. Refer to the printable recipe card for exact measurements.
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Pizza dough: you can use homemade pizza dough, store bought, pre made bases or pita bread. Choose the option that is most convenient for you at the time. If wanting a thin and crispy base, ensure the dough is rolled to a thin height before topping with sauce.
- Cream cheese: to make the pizza sauce, we combine cream cheese with dried onion. This ensures a creamy white pizza sauce that balances out the spiciness from the jalapenos. Plus a cream cheese pizza sauce is a great alternative to a tomato or BBQ sauce base.
- Dried onion: you will find this in the herbs and spices section of the supermarket. It adds the real onion flavour but won't see you go through crying and slicing to get there.
- Bacon: I recommend using diced bacon or purchasing rashers and dicing it yourself. We add the bacon in raw format to the pizza as it cooks in the oven.
- Pineapple: another great ingredient to mellow the jalapeno spiciness! Sprinkle a few on and they cook and combine with the cheese and jalapenos in an exceptionally delicious manner.
- Jalapenos: I like using a combination of jarred (drained, not rinsed) jalapenos as well as fresh slices jalapenos. This ensures a spicy pizza with great texture.
- Parmesan cheese: this is a great ingredient for pizza as it has a bit of bite to the flavour and grates very well. It also provides a contrasting texture to the tasty or mozzarella cheese.
- Tasty cheese: I grate from a block of cheese when making pizza. This way the cheese is fresh and soft. You can also use mozzarella or pizza cheese, whichever you have or is the easiest.
Top Tip: Consider drizzling BBQ sauce or balsamic glaze over the pizza to serve, both of these sauces provide a lovely sweet balance to the hot and spicy!
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe. We start by rolling the dough. You will need a rolling pin and baking mat.
- Roll the dough (Photo 1)
- Make the sauce (Photo 2)
- Spread the sauce onto pizza dough (Photo 3)
- Add diced bacon to the sauce layer (Photo 4)
👩🍳 How to Make Jalapeno Pizza
To make the pizza, start by rolling the pizza dough into a round shape. You can use a rolling pin and baking mat for this. A little flour will ensure that the dough doesn't stick.
Once the pizza base is rolled, make the pizza sauce. Combine the cream cheese and dried onion in a heatproof jug. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt. Then remove, stir and combine. Use a pastry brush to coat the pizza base with the cream cheese sauce.
Then you are ready to add the pizza toppings to the pizza. Start with the bacon, followed by pineapple pieces.
- Add the pineapple pieces (Photo 5)
- Then the jarred jalapeno pieces (Photo 6)
- Next add the fresh jalapeno slices (Photo 7)
- Grate both types of cheese over the top of the pizza (Photo 8)
Sprinkle both the jarred jalapeno pieces and fresh jalapeno slices over the pineapple pieces.
Then grate the parmesan and tasty of mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
Oven bake for around 20 mins, removing the pizza tray for the final 5 mins to ensure a crispy pizza base.
A pizza wheel is a handy utensil to have as you can use it to cut the pizza into nice even slices!
🍴 Serving Suggestions
This pizza is great to serve with a drizzle of BBQ sauce or balsamic glaze (shown in the photos).
It pairs well with sweet white wines and light bodied reds.
You won't likely need anything else, but garlic bread is a popular choice if you are looking for more.
The balsamic glaze or BBQ sauce provides a sweet balance to the spicy jalapeno pizza and will make you want another slice or 2!
👍 How to Guide
How to Store
Store leftover cooked pizza slices in a sealed air tight container for 2 days. Reheat prior to serving.
How to Freeze
This pizza is best made and frozen raw before being cooked again from frozen.
Ensure pizza has a firm base (such as cardboard) under it so that it can be placed into the freezer with ease. Or use pita bread for the pizza base which freezes exceptionally well.
How to Reheat
Reheat individual slices of pizza in the air fryer for 5 to 10 mins, or oven for 10 to 15 mins.
Alternatively cook frozen pizza without defrosting for around 20 to 25 mins.
😉 Substitutions and Variations
Regular readers know that I like to give a few options to allow you to match the recipe specifically to your taste preferences. You might like to try one of the following ideas:
- Switch out the bacon and in with ham.
- Or use cooked chicken in place of the bacon.
- Add sliced pepperoni or salami as a sub in for the bacon.
- Use some sliced black olives as an additional pizza topping.
- Add anchovies if you please.
- Sprinkle over some chopped bell peppers for an additional vegetable.
✔ Tasty Tips
Here are my top tips and tricks so that you can master the recipe from the get go:
- Use a little flour when rolling the pizza dough. This will ensure that it doesn't stick to the rolling pit.
- Try pita bread for an alternative to a thin and crispy pizza dough.
- Grate fresh cheese over the pizza as an alternative to store bought grated cheese.
- Ensure the oven is preheated so that the pizza starts cooking as soon as it hits the oven.
- Use a pizza wheel to slice the pizza prior to serving.
- Drizzle the pizza slices with BBQ sauce, Garlic Yogurt Sauce or balsamic glaze.
🧐Frequently Asked Questions
Are jalapeños good on pizza?
Jalapenos are an excellent ingredient to use on pizza. They provide spice and texture and you can use fresh jalapenos and or jarred jalapenos. You can remove the seeds, however, keeping them in will ensure the pizza has a little heat to it which is appealing to jalapeno lovers!
What goes well with jalapeños on pizza?
Here are some toppings that work well with jalapenos on pizza:
- bell peppers
Do you put jalapenos on pizza before or after baking?
Jalapenos are best put on pizza before baking. This means that they cook alongside the other ingredients and combine for a cheesy jalapeno pizza topping!
How do you cut jalapenos for pizza?
Use a knife and chopping board to cut the jalapenos. Hold the end with the stem with 2 fingers and start cutting from the tip towards your fingers. Make the slices thin. Repeat till you get to the end where your fingertips are and discard the stems.
Is jalapeno and pineapple pizza good?
Jalapeno and pineapple pizza tastes delicious. It is an excellent pairing of pizza toppings as the juicy pineapple helps to mellow out the spicy jalapenos.
Should I remove seeds from jalapeño?
You don't have to remove the seeds from the jalapenos before using them as a pizza topping. It will however, make the jalapeno slices more mild in flavour and the pizza less spicy, so you can remove the seeds if you want to.
👩🍳 More Easy Savory Dinner Recipes
If you love homemade pizza and or savory combinations of yum, you might like to try the following:
- Air Fryer Portobello Mushroom Pizza
- Cheese and Bacon Pinwheels
- Asian Chicken Pizza
- Cream Cheese Jalapeno Dip
- Air Fryer Stuffed Jalapenos
Its time to get a rolling my friend.
PIN and save the recipe for later!
Hunger still got you? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
- 1 Pizza Tray
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 Baking Mat
- 1 Small heatproof jug
- 1 Soup Spoon to stir and combine the sauce
- 1 Pastry Brush
- 1 Pizza wheel
- 1 pizza dough
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 1 tbs dried onion
- fresh jalapenos thinly sliced
- canned jalapenos
- pineapple pieces
- 1 cup bacon diced
- Parmesan cheese
- tasty cheese
- Roll the dough: sprinkle a little flour on the dough and use a rolling pin and baking mat to roll the dough into a round shape. Transfer to pizza tray.
- Make the sauce: combine cream cheese and dried onion in a heatproof jug. Microwave for 30 seconds, then remove and use a spoon to stir and combine.
- Spread the sauce: use a pastry brush to spread the cream cheese sauce over the pizza base in a thin consistent manner.
- Top the pizza: start topping the pizza, with the bacon pieces, pineapple, jarred and fresh jalapeno slices, then grate parmesan and tasty cheese over the top.
- Cook the pizza: place the pizza into the oven on the middle shelf. Cook for 15 mins before sliding off the pizza tray and then cook for an additional 5 to 10 mins.
- To serve: use kitchen tongs to remove the pizza from the oven and rest on a timber serving board. Allow to cook for 1 to 2 mins, then use a pizza wheel and slice into portions. Drizzle with BBQ sauce or balsamic glaze before serving (optional) Note 1
- Note 1 - Slicing the pizza: it is a good idea to let the pizza cook slightly before serving. This ensures that the toppings and cheese have a chance to cool (and stick to the pizza) so that when you slice the pizza they don't slide off. A pizza wheel is recommended for slicing, although you can use a knife and chopping board if you don't have one.
This looks absolutely to die for, we love jalapenos! Will give it a go for sure.
Great to hear, thanks Belinda!!
Kelly Dennerman says
Delicious! We made this for dinner last night and will make again.
Thanks Kelly. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the recipe. I appreciate your feedback.