This is an Oreo Balls recipe without chocolate and it is super quick and easy! Using simple ingredients and 15 mins you can whip up this indulgent sweet treat!
This recipe is not only quick and easy to make, the Oreo Balls are also delicious little bites of pure yum.
Using only 3 simple ingredients, your food processor and a cookie scoop these chocolate balls or truffles will be the talk of the town!
Everyone loves chocolate and chocolate biscuits just the same. In Australia we call them biscuits but in USA and other parts of the world, they are known as cookies.
What is undeniable is how delicious, crunchy and versatile they are, creating opportunities such as Oreo Fudge, Oreo Slice and Oreo Cheesecake.
The photo below shows you the ingredients you will need to make the recipe:
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Oreo biscuits: in Australia they are called Oreo Biscuits, in USA and other parts of the world, they can be known as Oreo cookies. They are the chocolate biscuits with cream layer which are hugely popular!
- cream cheese: these is the ingredient we need to ensure our Oreo balls stick together. You can purchase either the block or the spreadable tub. There is not a lot of difference between the two!
- chocolate sprinkles: we take the hard work out of this recipe by making Oreo balls that don't need to be coated in chocolate. Instead, we roll the balls in chocolate sprinkles, for a simple, no bake, easy decorating idea!
We use 2 standard size packets of Oreo cookies for this recipe.
If you are after a budget friendly option, you can get a cheaper 'Oreo inspired' version of similar biscuits at Aldi, which are called Chocolate Sandwich Cookies.
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe. We start by adding the biscuits (cookies) to the bowl of a food processor as shown in the photos below.
- add Oreos to the bowl of the food processor (photo 1)
- blitz the Oreos for 10 - 15 seconds to form fine crumbs (photo 2)
- add cream cheese to the blitzed biscuits (photo 3)
- blitz the biscuits and cream cheese together till combined (photo 4)
The aim when blitzing the biscuits is that they become a fine crumb and that there is no big bits of biscuits left.
This will only take 10 - 15 seconds and you can remove the lid of the food processor and visually check to see that they are blitzed enough.
Once you have blitzed the biscuits, dollop in the cream cheese and blitz again.
The mixture will form one large soft mix and when the cream cheese is consistently mixed into the biscuits, you can remove and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- transfer biscuit mixture to mixing bowl (photo 5)
- use a cookie scoop, portion the mixture and roll into balls (photo 6)
- drop the Oreo balls into the sprinkles (photo 7)
- coat each ball in sprinkles and repeat for all balls (photo 8)
I like to portion out all of my Oreo balls with the cookie scoop and then roll them into the round balls. This saves time as you can simply do 1 task other the other.
Here is a photo to show you what I mean:
I recommend using a mini cookie scoop as it will make all of your balls the same size and it is also a great way to make the recipe and know exactly how many balls you can make and save that information for the next time and each other time you make them in the future.
These balls can be rolled in the sprinkles like in the above photos and then refridgerated until you need them.
They will last a couple of days in the fridge, but as they are seriously addictive this will depending on how much you can resist the temptation of them!
Frequently asked questions
Are these Oreo Balls no bake?
Yes, this is an easy no bake recipe.
Once we have combined the ingredients, rolled the balls and decorated them, we can simply place them in an air tight container till ready to serve.
The balls are also suitable to freeze, so if you don't want to use them straight away, you can freeze in a sealed zip lock bag and remove from the freezer to defrost before serving!
How many ingredients do I need for the recipe?
To make these Oreo balls, you only need 3 simple ingredients.
- Oreo cookies
- cream cheese
- chocolate sprinkles
You have to love a simple quick and easy 3 ingredient chocolate sweet!
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- take the cream cheese out of the fridge to start with so that it is a little soft when ready to use
- cut the cream cheese block or wheel into portions so that when you add it to the food processor, it is evenly distributed
- use a mini cookie scoop to ensure all of your balls are the same size
- portion out all of the Oreo biscuit mix, then roll into balls (2 steps)
- drop the Oreo balls into the sprinkles and coat as opposed to dropping the sprinkles onto the balls
😍 More Easy Chocolate Recipes
If chocolate anything and everything is your thing, you may like to try the following recipes:
- Gingerbread Fudge
- Slow Cooker Baileys Fudge
- Chocolate Orange Fudge
- Marshmallow Chocolates
- Cranberry Chocolates
- Christmas Chocolates
- Christmas Oreo Balls
- Rocky Road Chocolate
Oreo Balls Without Chocolate
- Food processor
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Mini Cookie Scoop
- 24 oreo biscuits
- 250 grams cream cheese
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles
- Add Oreo Balls to the food processor and blitz for 10 - 15 seconds to form a fine crumb
- Dollop in cream cheese and blitz to combine (5 - 10 seconds)
- Transfer biscuit mix to a large mixing bowl
- Use a cookie scoop and portion out biscuit mix, scooping onto the tray as you go
- Once all of the biscuit mix has been portioned out, roll the portions into balls and place back onto the baking tray
- Once the balls have all been rolled, dropped into bowl of sprinkles and toss around to coat
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge till ready to serve
- Note Serving size for nutrional information displayed is 1 ball per person
Who needs chocolate when you can have chocolate sprinkles!
There is no need for our saucy, creamy conversations of late when we can talk about chocolate sprinkles, am I right!
These Oreo balls are bites of pure bliss and you are going to love how quick and easy they are.
If you are in the mood for a simple fun treat that you pretty much can't go wrong with, then these will be right up your alley!
I would LOVE to hear your feedback in the comments below, please let me know if you make the recipe.
Get a roll on my friends.