Grilled Chicken Bruschetta is quick and easy to prepare and perfect for brunch! Healthy bruschetta chicken that delivers crunch, succulent juicy chicken and a zingy balsamic glaze drizzle!
Bruschetta can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, it is versatile and SO easy!
How long do you grill chicken breast?
I grilled the chicken breast for approximately 4-5 mins each side, for a total cook time of around 10 mins
We cut the chicken breast in half for this recipe (to make it thinner and more palatable).
The best pan to use is a grilled or skillet with the grill base as it allows the chicken to sear evenly and cook thoroughly on each side.
If you don't hae a grill, you can use a flat fry pan or skillet, you wont' get the traditional 'grill' like look to the chicken but it does still do the job!
A pair of tongs will be a handy addition to your kitchen as you can use them to place the chicken into the pan, as well as using them to turn the chicken (flip) half way through the cook time.
What do you serve with bruschetta?
Bruschetta is an extremely versatile recipe and can be loaded with just about anything!!
One the blog, we have the Bruschetta with feta recipe, which is vegetarian.
You can also try topping such as:
- red pesto
Read my How to Toast Bread in the Oven guide for tips and tricks on getting the bread perfectly toasted!
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- chicken breast
- wholemeal bread
- cherry tomatoes
- basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- balsamic glaze
The bread gets toasted to perfection and creates the 'crunch factor' when we bite into our bruschetta!
How to make grilled balsamic bruschetta chicken
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- slice the chicken in halve lengthways (Photo 1)
- combine the olive oil (Photo 2)
- Italian herbs (Photo 3)
- salt and pepper (Photo 4)
The Italian herbs adds a delicious flavour to the chicken breast and is SO easy to prepare!
We don't marinade the chicken for any length of time, we simply brush with the seasoned oil and cook, it is that simple!
Grilled bruschetta chicken instructions
- Stir together the seasoning for the chicken (Photo 5)
- use a pastry brush to coat the chicken with the seasoned oil Photo 6)
- then use kitchen scissors to chop the basil(Photo 7)
- use a knife to cut the tomatoes in half(Photo 8)
The basil, cherry tomatoes and boccocini is a simple 3 ingredient salad with contrasting flavours and textures.
If you can't find boccocini, grab mozarella balls instead!
- slice bocconcini in halves (Photo 9)
- combine the salad ingredients (Photo 10)
- spray the bread with cooking oil and toast in the oven (Photo 11)
- grill the chicken (Photo 12)
The bread will take approximately 3-4 mins in the oven. It is best to preheat the oven as it will crisp up the bread very quickly.
The chicken breast needs to cook for approximately 4-5 mins on each side. So cook one side, then flip to the other side. If in doubt about it being cooked through, use a skewer to pierce the widest part and ensure the juices run clear (not pink).
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken info
About the recipe:
- there is 9 total ingredients for this recipe! (salt and pepper = 1)
- you can substitute rocket or spinach leaves for the basil
- you can make 6-8 slices of chicken bruschetta with this recipe
- cut your bread thin for less carbs or thick for a hearty piece of toast!
FAQs about grilled chicken bruschetta recipe
- this is a super easy recipe that is simple to make!
- the chicken can be hot, warm or cold
- use either orange or red cherry tomatoes
- the balsamic glaze is thicker than vinegar and will be in a squeezy bottle!
Your quick questions answered:
- if you want to make a grilled chicken bruschetta sandwich simply pop an additional slice on top!
- serve as is with balsamic glaze or with a side of roast potatoes
- the recipe takes approx 15 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- use a chopping board, to slice the breast from one end to the other
- use a pastry brush to coast the chicken before grilling
- ensure you have tongs handy to flip the chicken breast halfway during cooking
- slice your bread thin or thick, toast thin bread for a little long so it is super crispy and firm!
- prep the salad ingredients in advance and don't pour over drizzle till you are ready to serve!
This grilled bruschetta chicken is theperfect weekend food! It is fresh, tasty and goes down a treat.
If you love cooking with chicken, you will enjoy these recipe ideas:
- Easy Butter Chicken
- Thai Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Chili Lime Chicken Wings
- Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry
- Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
These dishes, are tasty, easy and full of protein! They keep you full and satisfied!
Salad recipes for you to try:
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- Chopping board
- Small bowl for drizzle
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta
- 1 chicken breast Note 1
- 4 slices wholemeal sourdough Note 2
- 200 grams orange cherry tomatoes Note 3
- 200 grams bocconcini drained, Note 4
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 4 shallots
- balsamic vinegar to serve
Grilled Chicken Brushcetta
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350-375°F / Gas Mark 4-5
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with oil
- Use a knife and chopping board to cut the chicken breast in halves, lengthways.
- Combine olive oil, Italian herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl, stir to combine
- Use a pastry brush to coat each side of the chicken breast with the seasoned oil
- Turn a fry pan or skillet, or griddle to a medium heat, place the chicken onto the base of the pan and cook for approx 4-5 mins each side
- Turn stove off when chicken is cooked and allow to rest before slicing
- Use kitchen scissors to chop the basil into small pieces
- Use a knife to cut the cherry tomatoes in halves
- Use a knife to cut the bocconcini in half
- Combine chopped basil, cheery tomatoes and bocconcini in a medium bowl and stir together Note 5
- Place bread slices onto prepared tray and toast in the oven for approx 5 mins (until bread is toasted
- Use oven mits to remove baking tray from the oven and set aside.
- Use a knife to cut the chicken into pieces
- Use a butter knife to spread basil pesto onto each slice of toasted bread
- Spoon salad onto each slice of bread on top of basil pesto layer
- Place cooked chicken pieces on top of salad
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve
- Note 1 I always use free range chicken and recommend you do as well. It is only slightly more expensive.
- Note 2 You can use your favourite bread. Wholemeal is a good one to make it extra healthy, same for mulitgrain. I have also made this several times with white bread. There is no right or wrong for bread flavour, however, do try and get a loaf of bread that is a little more fancy than ordinary slice sandwich bread - cafe style.
- Note 3 Orange or red cherry tomatoes work well for this recipe. Whichever you can get your hands on will be fine!
- Note 4 Bocconcini or mozzarella are fine, use whichever you can most easily find!
- Note 5 Sometimes at this point, I drilled a little more olive oil, salt and pepper over the salad ingredients, before stirring to combine. It is not an essential step but does add an extra dimension to the flavour if you want to take this step.
If you are after a fuss freem easy, tasty and delicious bruschetta this is it!
The grilled chicken is SO tender, juicy and delicious. It is the perfect pairing with the 3 ingredients salad and can be whipped up in no time.
Quick, easy and delicious with taste and texture is the goal here.
Crispy, crunchy toasted bread - check, simple flavour packed salad, check, grilled juicy chicken - check and the glaze to bring it all together with extreme deliciousness, uh -huh, yup, its all good, you know I've got you covered there!
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
You won't want to eat out on the weekends when you are whipping this up from your own kitchen!!