Creamy Garlic Prawns (Shrimp) are juicy and succulent! Combining simple ingredients in a garlic cream sauce with spinach this one pan recipe ticks all the boxes!
Recipes like our Coconut Prawns show us delicious ways to make prawns the star of the show!
Cream, garlic and prawns is a match made in heaven!
What to serve with creamy garlic prawns?
Creamy Garlic Prawns can be eaten as a meal in one.
Alternatively you may like to pair them with your favourite pasta or use as an appetizer idea.
Other great uses for them is as an entrée or on your favourite pizza!
- pizza topping
- stirred through pasta
- creamy garlic prawns topper (appetizer)
- with rice
Creamy Garlic Prawn ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- prawns (shrimp)
- spinach leaves
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- dried onion
Peel the prawns removing the head and ¾ of the body shell but leave the tail and end segment on!
How to make Creamy Garlic Prawns
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Prepare the prawns by removing the head and peeling ¾ of the body, leave tails on (Photo 1)
- Peel the garlic and cut the end off (Photo 2)
- Start to make the creamy sauce by combining the cream (Photo 3)
- Then add the parmesan cheese (Photo 4)
We combine all of the ingredients for our creamy sauce and mix them together before heating through on the stove.
Prawns with creamy garlic sauce
- Add dried onion to the cream mix (Photo 5)
- Followed by garlic (Photo 6) *slice garlic if you want to cook it quickly
- Use a whisk to stir the sauce ingredients together (Photos 7 and 8)
- Add olive oil (Photo 8)
The garlic and onion pair so well with the cream to make a delightful sauce that you will want to lick off the plate!!
Creamy shrimp with garlic and cheese
- Add oil to the pan and turn to a medium heat (Photo 9)
- Add in peeled prawns (Photo 10)
- Season with salt and pepper (Photo 11)
- Cook the prawns for 4-5 mins (Photo 12)
Prawns in creamy garlic sauce with spinach
- Add the sauce to the pan at a medium heat (Photo 13)
- Allow the cheese to melt, the sauce to thin and the garlic to cook (Photo 14)
- Add the spinach to the pan(Photo 15)
- Stir till mixed into the sauce and wilted (Photo 16)
- Add cooked prawns back to creamy sauce and spinach and stir till heated through.
Creamy Garlic Prawns recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 9 total ingredients for this recipe!
- cook your favourite pasta and stir the creamy prawns through!
- this recipe will feed 4 people
- this is a seafood recipe
- you can substitute basil for the spinach if you like
FAQs about Shrimp with garlic and cream
- this is a simple recipe that comes together easily
- peeling the prawns is fiddly but doesn't take too long
- the creamy will cook the garlic simmer for approx 3-4 mins
- the spinach (or basil if you prefer) only needs cooking for 1-2 mins
Your quick questions answered:
- the parmesan cheese will melt into the cream as it is heated
- the garlic does need to be cooked till tender, so either simmer and reduce the heat or slice garlic
- the recipe takes approx 20-25 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- peel the head off each prawn, then set aside
- next peel the skin down to the last segment
- leave the tail on
- sere with freshly chopped parsley
- freeze this recipe for easy meals on week nights
If you love seafood recipes, try the Coconut Prawns which have a crunchy coating and succulent texture!
Want more sauce?
The best thing about this recipe is that you can add to the sauce without adding more cream!
For more sauciness add either ½ cup white wine or ½ cup chicken stock to the creamy sauce as it is simmering and the garlic cooking. This results in more liquid but not more cream, so it is win, win!!
Comfort food is cream and pasta and all good things in life, you like enjoy:
- Smoked Salmon Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Penne Pasta
- Blue Cheese Mac and Cheese
- Ground Beef Casserole
- Tuna Pasta Bake
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rocket Pesto Pasta
- Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Tagliatelle
If you like your pasta with a kick of heat, the Garlic Spaghetti recipe, will have you coming back for more!!
Creamy Garlic Prawns
- Small knife
- Chopping board
Creamy Garlic Prawns
- 1 kg prawns
- 600 ml cream
- 8 cloves garlic peeled, end cut off
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- parsley to garnish
Creamy Garlic Prawns
- Peel and devein prawns leaving tails intact
- Cut ends from garlic and slight (alternatively leave whole)
- In a medium jug, combine cream, dried onion, garlic and parmesan cheese, whisk together
- Add olive oil to fry pan and turn to a medium heat. Add prawns, season with salt and pepper and cook, flipping occasionally for 4-5mins.
- Remove prawns from pan once cooked and rest on paper towel
- Pour cream sauce into pan, stir till texture is smooth and consistent, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 mins until garlic is soft and tender.
- Add spinach to creamy garlic sauce, stir till spinach is wilted and mixed into the sauce
- Return prawns to the pan, stir into the creamy sauce till mixed in and heated through
- Garnish with parsley and cracked pepper
Easy Prawn recipes
When you give this recipe a go, I think you will find it easy and delicious! If peeling prawns is not your thing, you can use pre peeled and deveined shop bought prawns, simply defrost and add to pan then follow the recipe as it.
Some nights you want pasta, some you want tofu and some a good stir fry calls your name!
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
Creamy sauce- check! Succulent prawns - check! A little parmesan for good measure - check!
This one is lip lickingly good my friends!