Cream Cheese Bacon Dip is quick and easy! For the perfect party starter grab your favourite crackers and whip up this easy bacon dip.
Cold Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
This recipe has a unique secret to it that I am going to share with you.
It works as a cold dip or a warm dip, talk about win, win, easy breezy, getting our bacon - on!
Made ahead of time, grab out of the fridge as the guests around, through some crackers around it and you are done!
Or serve with veggie sticks for a super healthy option to balance out all of the cheese!!
How to serve bacon dip?
This easy bacon dip can be served in a number of easy ways, try:
You can platter up a bowl of this dip and some Roasted Olives to give a change in taste and texture!
The photo below shows you exactly what we need for this recipe. They are all simple ingredients and can be found at your local store:
As you can see, we have:
- bacon (diced is easiest)
- cream cheese
- Greek Yoghurt
- dried onion
- garlic powder
- green onions (shallots)
We use the green bits only of the shallots (or green onion), ½ in the dop and ½ on top for garnish!
The photos below show you the steps we take to make this recipe, we start by cooking the bacon:
- Cook the bacon till a little brown and crispy (Photo 1)
- Add cream cheese to a heat proof bowl(Photo 2)
The onion and garlic powders give great taste to our dip and require no chopping and no tears!
- Next add Greek Yoghurt (Photo 3)
- Followed by the cheese (Photo 4)
The Greek Yoghurt is smooth, creamy and delicious. It gives a great tang to this dip!
- Add the dried onion (Photo 5)
- Followed by the garlic powder (Photo 6)
Recipes like this work for quick and effortless entertaining. So the dried onion and garlic powder are perfect as there is no hard work to any of them!
- Add ½ the sliced shallots (Photo 7)
- Followed by ¾ of the cooked bacon (Photo 8)
We want some of our bacon, shallots and grated cheese to be used for garnish, so we don't add the full amount to the dip itself.
- Dip ingredients before combining (Photo 9)
- Combined dip ingredients (Photo 10)
Once all of the dip ingredients are in our bowl, we simply stir to combine, then microwave for 1 minute to melt the cheese and heat the dip!
Bacon Cream Cheese Dip quick info:
About the recipe:
- We use cream cheese and tasty cheese for the recipe
- I recommend purchasing diced bacon, it saves time!
- The Greek Yoghurt has a great tang flavour to it
- The bacon and shallots add texture to the otherwise smooth dip
FAQs about cream cheese bacon dip
- This is a no bake dip (but we do warm the dip in the microwave)
- The garlic powder and dried onion will be in the spices section of the supermarket
- The dip can be made ahead of time and refrigerated
- To serve, use pita chips, crackers or vegetable sticks
Your quick questions answered:
- This is a quick and easy recipe
- You can serve the dip hot, warm or cold
- The bacon needs to be cooked till a little crispy
- I don't use salt and pepper but you can if you wish
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- If you removed the cream cheese and place it on the bench to start it will be easier to stir
- The dried onion and garlic powder ensure we don't have to slice or cry!
- It takes about 2 mins to stir the dip together
- Be organised, make the recipe and keep in the fridge ready for guests!
Get the party started with these entertaining ideas:
- Green Olive Dip
- Spicy Olive Dip
- Jalapeno Pinwheels
- Black Olive Tapenade
- Roast Capsicum Pesto
- Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade
- Artichoke Olive Tapenade
- Olive Tapenade
Potato Chips are a super easy way to serve this dip as you can open the packet and throw them on a plate.
But the pita chips, crostini and toast points, also work if you have the time!
😍 More Easy Appetizer Recipes
Or some ideas to serve alongside your olive dip are:
- Cranberry Brie
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Baked Camembert with Cranberry Sauce
- Coconut Prawns (with 2 different dipping sauces)
- Grazing Platter (to feed a crowd)
- Labneh Dip
- Mini Quiches (12 different ways)
- Baked Brie with garlic
If you want to use crackers to serve your dip, I recommend thick crackers as they are less likely to break when dipping and dunking!
Super thin chips won't work too well, unless you have a dip scoop so there is no dunking in the dip itself!
You don't have to be an olive fan to get your dunk on with this one! Dip it, dunk it, spread it, dollop it, stir it, it's delightful whichever way you decide.
PIN and save the recipe for later!
Creamy Cheese Bacon Dip
- Heat proof mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- 250 grams cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup diced bacon Note 1
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cup tasty cheese
- 1 tbs dried onion
- ½ tbs garlic powder
- ¼ cup shallots thinly sliced
- Add bacon to a fry pan and cook till crispy
- In a medium sized (heat proof) bowl combine cream cheese, Greek Yoghurt, ½ of the cooked bacon, cheese, dried onion, garlic powder and ½ of the sliced shallots.
- Stir to combine
- Microwave the dip for 1 minute to melt the cheese and stir again to combine
- Transfer to a bowl and top with remaining bacon, cheese and shallots
- Serve with crackers
- Note 1 To make this dip the quickest, easiest around town, I recommend you purchase diced bacon. It will mean there is very little chopping in the whole recipe!