Blue Cheese Yogurt Dip has serious creaminess! A blue cheese dip without sour cream to pair with steak, crudités, wine and more!
Recipes like my Cream Cheese Bacon Dip, Black Olive Dip and Green Olive Dip are nothing but yum! The Labneh Dip also uses Greek Yogurt as a base.
Get the party started with a Crudité Platter with the dip at the heart of it!
This recipe is quick, easy and dollop worthy!
It has next level tang and get's its dunk on without being sweet or loaded with fat.
Perfect for pairing with wine, crackers, burgers, steak and more, it is versatile and sociable!
What do you eat with blue cheese dip
There are so many things you can eat blue cheese dip with!
A couple of suggestions are:
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
- homemade pita chips
- steak bites
- chicken wings
The dip packs punches of flavour, mottled with chunks of blue cheese and is positively delicious!
Pop it on a Grazing Platter, Crudité Platter or Fruit Platter. Cantaloupe and blue cheese are best friends for life!
Is blue cheese healthy
Blue cheese, like all cheeses is high in fat.
It is however, also high in calcium which is good for bone growth and development.
I intentionally use Greek Yogurt in this dip instead of higher fat options such as sour cream or cream cheese to be mindful of not eating all of your calorie count for the day in one serving.
To improve the balance of the recipe, opt for serving with healthy options like celery sticks, carrots and whole meal pita chips over crackers.
But if you haven't tried a chicken wing dunked in anything blue cheese, then get yourself to a bar STAT and indulge in life lived before death.
Because it really ain't living in my opinion if your going to nibble your way through!
Ingredients needed for the recipe
Everything you need to make the dip is shown in the photo below.
We use a combination of 4 simple ingredients with our main ingredient being, blue cheese in this recipe.
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Greek Yogurt (can use low fat)
- blue cheese (your preferred brand)
- dried onion (or onion powder)
- garlic powder
We bring the tang, the not so subtle, the chunky and the bold to this make no apologies dip!
Here are the step by step instructions to make the dip.
You will need a food processor with a sharp blade (not the shred but the dice blade).
- add all ingredients to the food processor bowl (Photo 1)
- blitz for 5-10 seconds (Photo 2)
These simple steps are all that is needed to bring our dip together.
I admit that it is hard to make the ingredients in the 1st shot look 'pretty' but there ain't no need to for this dip.
The ingredients aren't pretty, they are bold, in your face and shout with flavour that calls your name!
As you can see from the photo above, cucumber sticks (celery and carrots too) or Air Fryer Pita Chips are perfect to serve the dip or round crackers work too!
Here is the Blue Cheese Dip as one of 3 on a Crudité Platter, you can whip up for healthy easy entertaining!
This dip is very versatile and will be friends with a number of recipes, I have on the blog. My serving suggestions are:
- Air Fryer Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Crudité Platter
- Honey BBQ Chicken Wings
- Honey Soy Chicken Wings
- Dry Rub Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- drizzle on the Air Fryer Hamburgers
Or for a healthier pairing pop it on the Fruit Platter.
Frequently asked questions
- This recipe is quick and easy
- It takes less approximately 5 mins to bring it together
- You can use full fat or low fat Greek yogurt
- Use your favorite brand of blue cheese
- You can make the dip in advance
- The recipe makes one cup of dip
- This recipe is not suitable to freeze
😍 More Easy Homemade Dips
If I can get you making homemade dips, you might like to try the following flavour combinations:
- Green Olive Dip
- Gherkin Dip
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- Cream Cheese Jalapeno Dip
- Cream Cheese Onion Dip
- Kalamata Olive Dip
- Cream Cheese Bacon Dip
- Labneh Dip
If you need to feed a crowd, my Grazing Platter is the solution. Or check out all dips and spreads recipes on the blog.
PIN and save the recipe for later
Hunger still got you? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
Blue Cheese Yoghurt Dip
- Food processor
- 1 cup Greek Yoghurt Note 1
- 200 grams Blue Cheese Note 2
- 1 tablespoon dried onion Note 3
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder Note 4
- Add blue cheese, Greek yogurt, dried onion and garlic powder to the bowl of a food processor using the dice blade
- Blitz for 5-10 seconds to combine Note 5
- Serve with vegetable sticks and or pita chips
- Note 1 I use full fat Greek Yogurt most of the time. I find the low fat version to be slightly less thick in consistency. Either version is totally fine and you can choose your preferred type of yogurt.
- Note 2 I use a 200 gram ½ wheel of blue cheese for this dip. I use almost all of it IN the dip, but I also save a few of the cheese crumbs/blobs for on top of the dip. I find it is better to buy the half wheel for this recipe as I recommend a wet type of blue cheese (or your preferred) and once cut if you use a whole wheel, some of the cheese will goop on out, which is fine but not practical for other use, ie on a cheese board.
- Note 3 I don't recommend using real onion (vegetable) if you can't find dried onion flakes. You could use onion powder, or omit. Real onion is too harsh, raw and potent for the tangy cheesy dip combo.
- Note 4 I also don't recommend using real garlic for this dip. The powder is much more subtle with a mild taste. Use dried, ground, garlic powder or omit.
- Note 5 The goal for the texture of the dip is a little chunky, so only blitz for enough time to combine the ingredients not whip them.
Love blue cheese, can't wait to make this recipe.
Thank-you Bridget! I appreciate your feedback.