Instant Pot Granola is a fuss free easy way to make homemade granola! Granola from scratch is fun as you can use your favourite ingredients and it turns out crispy, crunchy and delicious every time!
This simple granola recipe makes a great batch of deliciousness and is an easy granola recipe for yoghurt!
How do you make Instant Pot Granola?
To make granola in the Instant Pot, it is as simple as adding all of the ingredients and pressing a button!
The pressure cooker will do its thing for a little bit, then we contribute by doing a bit of stirring and then it is ready in all of its deliciousness!
The Instant Pot is a handy kitchen appliance as it makes cooking easy and fuss free!
Once our granola is cooked, we can serve it with yoghurt, milk, keep it in the freezer (it freezes very well) or store in an air tight container and use as needed.
Instant Pot Granola ingredients
The ingredients you need for this recipe are simple and easy to find. They are set out in the photo below:
As you can see we need:
- oats (can use rolled or quick)
- sunflower seeds
- raw almonds
- pepita seeds
- dried cranberries
- coconut oil
The best thing about homemade granola is that the options of ingredients are endless!
You can switch out the almonds and use walnuts, or pecans. Try adding honey. Or add coconut. Get your thinking cap on and make it your way!
There is nothing like that 1st bite of a crunchy cinnamon toasted almond with smooth greek yoghurt in your mouth to make this recipe irresistible.
Step by Step Pressure Cooker Granola
The steps we need to take are shown in the photos below. They are all nice and easy!
- add coconut oil to the stainless steel bowl (Photo 1)
- followed by the oats (Photo 2)
- add the raw almonds (Photo 3)
- and then the dates (Photo 4)
Next we need to:
- add the sunflower seeds (Photo 5)
- followed by pepita seeds (Photo 6)
- then the dried cranberries (Photo 7)
- and stir to combine (Photo 8)
You can add your favourite spices to flavour the granola any way you want.
Cinnamon is a popular choice as it works so well with the crunchy nuts and oats. You might also like to try vanilla, peanut butter or chocolate chips!
- add cinnamon (Photo 9)
- stir to combine (Photo 10)
I use the slow cooker function (low heat) of the Instant Pot and let it cook for 2 hours (set and forget).
This is the 1st step to cook our oats, nuts and seeds.
Like we do in the Slow Cooker Granola recipe, we can place a clear glass lid on and slightly ajar during the 1st part of the cook. If you don't have one use a flat baking tray with a 2-3 inch gap on one side.
The next step is using the saute function to achieve crispy, crunchy granola.
Instant Pot Breakfast recipes
If you have a couple of hrs free time on a Sunday, grab out your Instant Pot and get your granola on.
It is amazing how many servings you get from one batch of this recipe and as it freezes well, your breakfasts can be prepped for weeks and weeks!
Once the granola is cooked, it will last for ages!! Simple store in an air tight container or jar with a lid.
More Easy Granola Recipes
If getting your granola on over the weekend is your favourite thing to do, you might like to try these recipes and serving suggestions:
Serve your granola in bowls with yoghurt and fruit for a simple and easy breakfast idea!
These additional tips are so that you can master crispy, crunchy granola in your Instant Pot every time:
- turn the Instant Pot on, allow it to heat for a bit (SC function, low) then add the oil
- leave the lid off the Instant Pot so that no moisture drops into the granola
- however you can use either a flat baking tray or glass lid ajar to help cook (not 100% necessary)
- during the slow cook time, the granola can be left as it
- during the saute cook time, you need to stir the granola regularly (not constantly) to keep it moving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze Granola?
Yes! Absolutely, this is a perfect recipe to freeze.
Allow the granola to cool and then portion it out into zip lock bags. Seal, then lay flat in the freezer. To defrost simply remove from the freeze, allow to naturally defrost and add to your breakfast bowl.
Greek Yoghurt is my favourite way to serve this granola as it has a smooth texture and contrasts well with the crunchy granola!
Use fresh fruit (or tinned if you have it) and balance the granola and yoghurt with pops of sweetness in texture and colour!
This one will start your day on the right foot every morning and have you leaping out of bed!
Instant Pot Granola
- Instant Pot
- Wooden spoon
- 3 tbs coconut oil Note 1
- 3 cups oats Note 2
- 1 ½ cups almonds Note 3
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 ½ cups pepita seeds
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder Note 4
- Turn the Instant Pot on, press the Slow Cooker Button and let it heat for a minute.
- Once the Instant Pot is heated a little add the coconut oil to the stainless steel bowl and let the oil melt.
- Once the oil has melted add the oats, raw almonds, dates, pepitas, sunflower seeds and cinnamon then stir to combine.
- Leave the granola to cook for 2 hours Note 5
- After 2 hours, press the cancel button, then the Saute button Note 6
- Saute the granola for 30 - 45 mins stirring regularly. Note 7
- Transfer the granola to a baking dish and let cool
- Serve with yoghurt and fruit.
- Note 1 The coconut oil is the 1st ingredient added for this recipe. Let it melt (into liquid form) and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Note 2 The oats can be quick or rolled oats, both work fine for this recipe!
- Note 3 All of the nuts and seeds are raw. We cook them during this process. So you are looking for 'natural nuts', ie not roasted, salted etc.
- Note 4 You will be able to find cinnamon power in the spices aisle of the supermarket. This is the raw powered cinnamon not the cinnamon sugar (easily confused). We don't want to use cinnamon sugar as it will add sugar to the recipe and the natural raw cinnamon gives great taste, no need for sugar also!
- Note 5 The setting is low so it won't burn, you can stir occasionally if you wish.
- Note 6 The saute mode is used to toast the granola so that it will be crunchy delicious once it has cooled. Keep an eye on it and stir regularly throughout this time (30 - 45 mins).
- Note 7 Unlike when we use the slow cooker function, the saute function will heat and cook the granola much faster. This is the time to be hands on with the cooking.
- Note 8 **It is hard to determine the nutrition for this recipe as each individual will likely consume a different portion of the granola. This recipe has been worked out on 20 individual portion sizes.