Chocolate Covered Pears! Rich melted dark chocolate, crunchy energy mix granola and juicy ripe pears, this recipe is one you must try! To fix that afternoon craving have a look our all of our chocolate recipes.
Chocolate Covered Pears are on Sweet Caramel Sunday!
Rich melted dark chocolate, crunchy energy mix granola and juicy ripe pears, this recipe is one you must try!
Hello everyone! Pears are huge in Brisbane at the moment. You can get a kg of them for around $3 and if that is not enough to make you run out and get some then this Chocolate Covered Pears recipe will be!
The crunchy texture of the granola contrasts with the soft flesh of the juicy pears
We all know chocolate covered strawberries are a winner. They are the perfect decadent dessert and I have a recipe for them, right here that you might like to try. But dipping pears in melted chocolate is also a fabulous way to combine simple ingredients for a sweet fruity treat.
How to make Chocolate Covered Pears?
There are so many desserts out there you can make that it can be hard to know where to start and what to create when you are coming up with a dinner party or meal plan. I like incorporating fruit into my desserts if not every time, but every other time, to taste different sweet combinations that also tick a ‘healthier’ box.
These pears are so easy and simple to make and the best thing is that look oh so pretty!
Your guests will be delighted when served one of these after a delicious dinner and they won’t know that you haven’t slaved away in the kitchen for hours to make them!
This is a go to recipe that doesn’t take hours to make. If you want to have a stress free dessert for your next dinner party, these Chocolate Covered Pears are it!
How to melt chocolate to dip pears into?
If you have ever swirled a spoon around in a bowl of melted chocolate, you will be with me in knowing how beautiful working with chocolate can be.
This recipe is literally SO EASY! You don’t even need to rinse your pears.
The dark chocolate provides a nice contrast to the yellow pears both visually and in the taste and texture
Another beauty to be found in this recipe is that fact, that is is simple. You only need 3 ingredients! Yes, that is correct, only 3. Once you have your chocolate, pears and granola, all you need to do is bring the ingredients together!
Can I make Chocolate Dipped Pears Vegan?
As with most of my recipes, I try and provide a vegan option. These Chocolate Covered Pears are possible to make vegan, (YAY), the only thing you would need to do differently from the recipe outlined is to purchase vegan chocolate instead of regular dark chocolate. Both the fruit and the granola are already vegan (another YAY!)
Do you have any more dessert recipes?
Recently I have been making more desserts for Sweet Caramel Sunday. I love how much variety there can be, especially when using only a few ingredients.
Some of my favourite dessert recipes on the blog are:
- Passionfruit Tart (recipe is here)
- Banoffee Tart (recipe is here)
- Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart (recipe is here)
- Peach Tartlets (recipe is here)
Chocolate desserts, fruit desserts, pastry desserts, you will find a recipe on the blog, you will love!
About the recipe:
- The pears are best served chilled
- The recipe only has 3 ingredients!
- The pears will take only 5 mins to dip and coat
- This is a perfect dinner party dessert
- We use dark chocolate melts for the recipe
To answer your questions:
- The pears can be made ahead of time
- The dish is not suitable to freeze
- You can toast the a granola if you like before using it to coat
- For a vegan option buy vegan chocolate
- This is a SUPER EASY dessert to make
This is a perfect dessert to impress your guests but it is still quick and easy to make!
There is absolutely no doubt that dipping a pear into the melted chocolate will bring you peace and enjoyment.
You will be tempted to stick your finger into the bowl of melted chocolate, be careful as it will be hot, hot, hot!
If you enjoy eating something sweet after dinner, but are mindful of what you want that dish to be then, these chocolate covered pears are the dish to try! They are sweet but are still a fruit based dessert and have a good healthy balance to them!
Friends with granola
I got my Energy Mix Granola from my friends over at The Bircher Bar. Whilst you know that I am a huge fan of making my own granola recipes fresh when I get the time, the reality is that time is not always on our side. Their Energy Mix Bircher Museli is absolutely delicious! It is fresh, tasty, has fantastic texture and you will love it!
Please note the company I worked with for this post is no longer selling their granola mix. I therefore recommend you try out my Coconut Granola Recipe. It is super tasty and I think you will love it!
The real deal
Please note, I may earn a small commission if you purchase products through my affiliate links. This helps me to keep the cost in running the blog covered, but in no way affects you negatively.
Chocolate Covered Pears
Chocolate Covered Pears
- 4 ripe pears
- 250 grams dark chocolate melts
- 1 cup energy mix granola
Chocolate Covered Pears
- Place chocolate melts into a microwave safe container and heat for 1 minutes. Repeat in 30 second time segments using a spoon to stir each time in between.
- Hold pear over melted chocolate and dip leaving 1/4 of the pear skin visible at the top
- Hold pear by the stem and dip into granola mix, roll pear around until all sides are coated
- Place on baking paper lined tray into the fridge for 5-10 mins to set
- Serve chilled
- You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate, whichever you prefer
- The longest part of this recipe is when the chocolate sets (in the fridge) , but even that won't take very long
- It is easier to dip the pears into the chocolate and then granola using small round bowls
- Always hold pear by stem/top section to ensure chocolate is smooth with no finger marks
A little bit more about me
I did something really silly on this USA/Canada trip we are on at the moment, I lost my phone! I know it is a mindless thing to do and it is so easy to check before you get off the plane, but I was so tired and had a little hay fever coming on that I didn’t check as thoroughly and then I realised too late and security would not let me back to check!! Have you ever lost your phone or a personal belonging when travelling?
Mishaps are to be expected when travelling, what can you do!
We have had an absolutely blast so far. We have been adventuring far and wide and really getting out and about .The journey so far has been great and enjoyable. I love flying and would like for there to be many more adventures in my future.
If you are new to Sweet Caramel Sunday, a big welcome from me! I love hearing what you think of the recipes and I am thrilled with you give them a go!
Some of my favourite recipes I think you will love are:
- Orange Cacao Bliss Balls (recipe is here)
- Garlic Mushrooms (recipe is here)
- Tofu Pad Thai (recipe is here)
Or for all my dessert ideas, you can find them here:
P.S I am missing Tonka as much as I thought. I have been trying to find pets along the way of this adventure to ensure I get some cat and dog cuddles and pats in. My Pet Sitter Mitch assures me that Tonka and he have made friends and he is doing just fine, PHEW!
I would love to connect with you on Pinterest and share ideas!