Baked Brie With Red Pepper Jelly is a quick and easy appetizer. Using only 3 ingredients and less than 15 minutes we pull together this ooey gooey spicy melted cheese combo. All you need for this pepper jelly baked brie is crackers to scoop and devour!
🤍 Recipe Highlights
I have summarised everything that you will come to know and love (LOVE ❤) about the recipe in the points below:
- Super easy!
- Super quick!
- Minimal effort and straight forward: whilst this recipe might look impressive (melted cheese always does right), it is really very simple to bring it together!
- Easy ingredients: whilst they may not be everyday ingredients (imagine if brie was!!) they are indeed easy to get your hands on. Brie, pepper jelly and crackers. It really is that simple! (😘😍🥰).
- Party starter: the festive season is almost upon us and you need plenty of options to entertain. That, however, doesn't mean things need to take a lot of time and effort. Cut the labour and hard work out and give yourself a speedy appetizer that will kick off any party!
- Taste and texture: the pepper jelly has a thick saucy texture, the brie melts in your mouth and the cracker brings the bite to the dish. It is a winning combination.
- Versatile: be it a special occasion, friends dropping over, family gathering or Christmas party it is handy to have some quick come together recipes up your sleeve to whip out as needed.
- If in doubt, ready the 1st 2 points at the top of this list again 🤣🥰.
The photo below is to show you everything you need to make the red pepper jelly and brie recipe. Please refer to the printable recipe card for specific ingredient measurements as well as detailed instructions.
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- Red pepper jelly: this is a spicy condiment that will be found where the relish and chutney is in the supermarket. In Australia it is called 'chilli jam'.
- Brie cheese: smooth, rich and decadent. This cheese is hugely popular for good reason. It is versatile and lends itself to a wide variety of serving ideas.
- Crackers: water crackers are great. They need to be a little bit robust so that they don't break off when they are being dipped in the melted cheese 😭.
Top Tip: I like to provide you with a number of substitutions and variations giving you an array of options when making my recipes. If in doubt of any of the above ingredients, or wanting alternatives, read this section (further below) before jumping into the instructions on how to make the recipe which are coming next 😉👌.
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe. We start by preparing the brie.
- Slice the rind diagonally (Photo 1)
👩🍳 How to Make Baked Brie With Red Pepper Jelly
Remove the brie from the fridge and peel off the packaging. You can also use this time to preheat the oven.
Then place the wheel of cheese into the centre of a chopping board. Use a knife to make diagonal cuts in the rind on top of the cheese.
- Place the brie into the centre of the baking tray (Photo 2)
- Top the brie with pepper jelly (Photo 3)
Then use a spoon to dollop the red pepper jelly onto the top of the cheese.
Next, place the baking tray into the preheated oven on the middle shelf.
Allow the cheese to bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Then use oven mitts to remove and place it onto a heatproof surface.
Use a silicon slotted turner to transfer the baked brie to a serving platter.
🍽 Serving Suggestions
You will want to serve the cheese as soon as it comes out of the oven.
It is fresh and hot that way plus the cheese will be at the perfect melting point. The bacon crackers will go down a treat with it 😉👌.
Pop your favorite crackers on the plate, a cheese knife and watch how quickly it disappears!
If only all things in life happened as quickly as disappearing cheese during the holiday season 😉👍.
👍 How to Guide
How to Store
Store leftovers in a sealed, airtight container. They can be kept for 2 days and are best reheated before being served.
How to Reheat
Place the leftovers onto a plate and cover with cling wrap. Then microwave in 30 second increments until the cheese has melted again.
How to Freeze
Nope, it doesn't work. Simply heat and eat or heat and eat leftovers but freezing is not an option for this combination.
😉 Substitutions and Variations
Here are my sub ins and outs that you might be thinking about as you read the post and I will tell you if I think they will work or why they won't:
- Toasted torn bread pieces are an alternative serving idea to crackers.
- If wanting to use crackers, you can use your favorite. The only ones that won't work as well are the super thin wafer crackers. These break off in the cheese. So opt for a more robust (thicker) crackers.
- Some options for the crackers are jatz, rye crackers, cheese sticks, crostini, bread chips or toast points.
- You can use camembert cheese in place of the brie if you wish too.
💡 Tasty Tips
Here are my top tips and tricks that I want to share with you so that you master the recipe from the get go:
- When scoring the surface of the cheese we don't need to cut too deeply. We are simply making a few cuts so that as the cheese bakes these will open slightly and the pepper jelly sink into them.
- If you provide a cheese knife when serving this helps people to scoop the cheese onto their cracker and prevents as many mid dip cracker breaks.
- If dips and cheese in bread bowls are more your thing, try the French Onion Cob Loaf, Baked Brie Bread Bowl, Spinach Cob Loaf Dip or the Bacon And Cheese Cob Loaf 😉👌.
🤓 Frequently Asked Questions
Does red pepper jam go on brie?
Red pepper jam and brie are an excellent pairing. They can be served together both hot or cold.
Do you bake brie covered or uncovered?
Brie is baked uncovered.
How long do you leave brie in the oven?
Brie needs to be oven bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
😍 More Easy Party Food Recipes
Your party game can be strong if you have an array of recipes to turn to as needed. Here are some recipes to help you get your game on.
- Chicken Ribs
- Cream Cheese Bacon Dip
- Cocktail Sausage Rolls
- Gherkin Dip
- Mini Meatballs
- Roast Beef Sliders
- Mini Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Wagyu Meatballs
- Green Olive Dip
It is time to get our pepper jelly on my friend! Pop it on the grazing platter or Olive Platter if you need to feed a crowd. You can also find all of my appetizer recipes or dips and spreads in the one spot.
Baked Brie With Red Pepper Jelly
- 200 gram/ 7 oz wheel brie cheese Note 1
- 3-4 tablespoons pepper jelly Note 2
- water crackers Note 3
- Preheat the oven: preheat the oven to 180°C / 350-375°F / Gas Mark 4-5.
- Brie: unwrap the brie from its packaging and place it into the centre of a chopping board. Then use a knife to make diagonal cuts into the rind of the cheese.
- Baking tray and pepper jelly: place the wheel of cheese onto a silicon mat on a baking tray. Then use a spoon to dollop the pepper jelly onto the cut surface of the cheese.
- Oven bake: place the baking tray into the oven on the middle shelf. Bake the brie for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To serve: once the cheese is cooked, use mitts to remove it from the oven and place the tray on a heatproof surface. Use a slotted turner and slide it under the brie then transfer it to a serving plater. Spread crackers around the baked brie and provide a cheese knife to assist with serving.
- Note 1 - Brie cheese: if you want to use a larger size wheel of brie cheese you can. Add a couple of extra spoonfuls of the pepper jelly.
- Note 2 - Pepper jelly: this will be in the condiments section of the supermarket. Near where the chutneys and relishes are. In Australia it is called 'chilli jam'.
- Note 3 - Crackers: you can use your favorite type of crackers. The ones used in the photos throughout the post are 'water crackers' or 'water biscuits'. Choose one that is a little robust (thick) as they are less likely to break off mid dip.