Air Fryer Croissants make a bakery style breakfast in the comfort of home! Leap out of bed to whip up ham and cheese croissants in the air fryer for morning deliciousness.
Recipes like my Air Fryer Cheese on Toast give us quick and easy breakfast ideas.
My Air Fryer Party Pies and Air Fryer Sausage Rolls are positively snack worthy!
- Bakery croissants for breakfast at economical prices.
- Simple ingredients that are customisable to include your favourites
- Fuss free weekend brunches with taste and texture!
- Quick and easy breakfast with ingredients you can have in the fridge!
- Indulge a little in a fancy homemade breakfast of champions!
- Sweet and savoury options that are family friendly
- Freezer friendly with grocery store ingredients
The ingredients needed for the recipe are shown in the photo below.
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- Croissants: these come in a variety of sizes which is helpful if you want to fill them with tasty extras
- Ham: this is an easy ingredient that keeps well in the fridge with a reasonable expiry date. Paired with cheese or cheese and tomato it is a winning combination
- Cheese: I am using tasty cheese slices. You can also use the light version of the same or swiss, gouda or Jarlsberg.
Top tip: It is not necessary or advisable to use olive oil for this recipe! We only really need it when air frying to avoid ingredients sticking and with the croissants we don't have this problem.
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe. We start be prepping the croissants, you will need a chopping board and knife.
- Use a knife and chopping board to cut croissants in half (Photo 1)
- Layer the ham slices on the open croissant base (Photo 2)
- Top the ham with the cheese slices (Photo 3)
- Put the top of the croissant back in place to close off (Photo 4)
Top tip: these cook very quickly! Ensure the air fryer timer is set for 2 minutes maximum, then a further 1-2 mins as needed.
Substitutions and Variations
There is an unlimited array of options when making savory or sweet croissants.
For savory versions, try adding cream cheese, tomato, herbs and pesto.
For sweet croissants, try adding nutella, strawberries or blueberries and dust with icing sugar (confectioner's sugar).
These are my expert tips that till help you get the recipe right each time you make them!
- Keep an eye on them as they cook very quickly!
- If the top of the croissant keeps flying off, use a toothpick to secure it (remove before serving)
- If using frozen croissants air fryer them for 1 min to start so you can easily cut them in halves.
- For sweet croissants, toast them and add the fillings once toasted.
How to Guide
How to Store
These croissants are best eaten on the day they are made.
If they are not consumed for the intended meal, they can be eaten later in the day, however, they would need to be refrigerated in between to ensure the ham and cheese stays fresh.
How to Freeze
You can freeze fresh croissants as they are. It is best to keep them whole and in the original packaging.
How to Reheat
Simply remove croissants from freezer and reheat in the air fryer for 2- 5 mins till cooked through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can croissants be cooked in the air fryer?
Croissants can be cooked (or lightly toasted) in the Air Fryer.
They can be cooked from fresh or frozen. Frozen croissants will take slightly longer.
How long does it take to cook croissants in the air fryer?
It takes 2 mins to cook croissants in the air fryer including melting the cheese slices if having savory ham and cheese croissants.
Can I air fry frozen croissants?
The Air Fryer can be used to cook frozen croissants without having to defrost them to begin!
They will take slightly more time to cook than a fresh (non frozen croissant).
How do you reheat a ham and cheese croissant in an air fryer?
You can reheat a ham and cheese croissant in the air fryer easily. It will take between 3-5 minutes for it to be heated through.
Can you put foil in an Air Fryer?
It is not advisable or recommended to put foil in an air fryer.
As an alternative, you can use parchment paper to collect any excess (ie from the cheese melting) and to aid clean up.
If air frying food is your thing, then check out these ideas, or my full Air Fryer Recipes collection for more!
PIN and save this recipe for later!
Hunger still got you? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
Air Fryer Croissants
- Air Fryer
- Chopping board
- 4 croissants
- 8 ham slices
- 4 cheese slices
- Preheat the Air Fryer at a temperature of 180°C/350 F for 5 mins
- Use a knife and chopping board to cut the croissants in half lengthways.
- Layer the ham slices on each open croissant and top with the cheese slices.
- Put the top back on the croissants to close them off.
- Place the croissants into the air fryer basket and cook for 2 mins, or until the cheese is melted and the croissants are a light golden brown.
Clare Franks says
Yum these are a great breakfast recipe!