This Air Fryer Zucchini Bread is a quick and easy way to bake up a storm! Nutritious and delicious, every bite will have you wanting more!
Air Fryer cooking is THE BEST!
It is fun, easy and takes the effort out of making many recipes.
Sometimes you need a baked treat for afternoon tea, to send with the kids or for friends and family.
This Air Fried Zucchini Bread ticks all of those boxes and then some!
Can you make Zucchini Bread in the Air Fryer
Yes you can.
It is easy to make Zucchini Bread in the Air Fryer with this simple recipe.
The cake is moist, dense and delicious.
It does take a little while to cook but every minute is worth it when you push a fork into the delicious crumb and taste the yum!
The ingredients for the recipe are shown in the photo below:
As you can see the recipe calls for:
- zucchini (grated, then measured)
- whole meal self raising flour
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- cinnamon powder
- olive oil
The texture of the bread is what makes it so good, not a dry crumb in site, a slight crumble and melt in your mouth perfect!
Do you have to dry Zucchini before making bread
For this recipe you do not have to dry the zucchini before making the bread.
I discuss this in more detail in the steps below, however, the important thing is that you measure the grated zucchini before adding it to the recipe.
This ensures the ratio of wet and dry ingredients will cook according to the specified cook time.
Here are the step by step instructions to make the recipe.
We start by combining our dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients (Note 1)
- Add olive oil and whisked egg to mixing bowl (Note 2)
- Stir to combine (Note 3)
- Add brown sugar into the bowl and stir again (Note 4)
If when sifting the whole meal flour 'bits' stay in the top of the sifter, simply turn it up and add them in, the rest of the flour will be lump free
- Grate zucchini and add to mixing bowl (Note 5)
- Add chopped walnuts (Note 6)
- Stir to combine (Note 7)
- Transfer to lined loaf tin (Note 8)
It is important to measure the zucchini after it has been grated.
This is to ensure we have a thorough understanding of how long the combination of ingredients will take to bake consistently through.
Whilst I have shown 2 whole zucchini in the ingredients image, I used those zucchini, shredded them in the food processor and measured 2 cups to ensure there is not excess moisture in the loaf (which would take longer to cook).
The loaf tin you see in the photos is a 1 litre loaf tin, measuring 19cm L, 11.5cm W, 9cm D. (7.4 inches x 4.5 inches x 3.5 inches)
You can use a slightly different size loaf tin (saves buying one just for the recipe) but DO CHECK IT FITS YOUR AIR FRYER 1ST!!!
The 1st time I made Zucchini Bread in the Air Fryer, I had lined it, transferred the batter into it and when to place it in the basket when I realised it WOULDN'T FIT!! (Oh noooooo right, so save yourself that 'bummer feeling' and check this 1st).
Frequently asked questions
- I recommend whole meal self raising flour
- Try not to alter the ingredients or measurements (as it will alter cook time)
- The walnuts provide a lovely texture to the bread
- You don't need to squeeze the moisture out of the grated (shredded zucchini) but you do need to measure how much you add in!
- My Air Fryer is a 7 litre basket version
- The Zucchini Bread will be cooked in 1 hour 10 mins
- Line your baking tin so the bread doesn't stick
- Baking powder helps give lift to the flour
- Thisrecipe is easy to bring together in about 5-10 mins
- I recommend covering loaf tin with tin foil after 15 -20 mins to prevent browning on top
- No need to spray basket, simply line tin and place it in the Air Fryer
- You can ice the loaf if you choose to, wait till it cools
- This is a freezer friendly recipe
If you don't have an Air Fryer, the Zucchini Spice Cake has very similar ingredients and taste to this recipe but is oven baked instead.
As this is a moist, dense cake it is slightly harder to tell that it is fully cooked through as the skewer can be clean, with the bread being slightly undercooked.
Solution to this is, if unsure that the bread is cooked through, cook it for longer. A slightly browned but yummy crunchy base is better than a mouthful of raw undercooked bread batter!
This is what I have learnt that will help you master the recipe from the 1st time and every following time:
- CHECK THAT YOUR LOAF TIN FITS THE AIR FRYER FIRST!!
- Shred then measure your zucchini before adding it to the batter
- I don't need to preheat my Air Fryer, but if your model requires this, do as the 1st step
- After 15 mins, pull the basket out and check how the bread is cooking
- Place tin foil over the loaf tin and wrap it under the tin to ensure it stays covering the bread and doesn't fly up into the element.
- Test with a skewer inserted after 1 hour 10 mins, if any raw or wet crumb bake for a further 5-10mins
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Zucchini Bread
- Air Fryer
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Food processor
- Loaf Tin
- Baking paper
Air Fryer Zucchini Bread
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal self raising flour sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 egg whisked
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini Note 1
- 1 cup walnuts
Air Fryer Zucchini Bread
- Line a Loaf Tin with baking paper. (Recommended size: 19cm L, 11.5cm W, 9cm D. or 7.4 inches x 4.5 inches x 3.5 inches)
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a mixing bowl
- Add olive oil and whisked egg, stir to combine
- Add brown sugar and stir again to combine
- Use a food processor or grater to shred zucchini. Measure 2 cups of this and add to the bread batter.
- Add walnuts to food processor and roughly chop (1-3 seconds)
- Add chopped walnuts to batter and stir to combine
- Transfer wet mix to lined loaf tin
- Place in Air Fryer basket. Cook for 15 mins, use oven mits to remove, wrap top with tin foil and have enough length to fold foil under the tin. Use oven mits again to place tin back into the Air Fryer.
- Cook for a further 55 to 60 mins. Test with a skewer and if not wet batter, use oven mits to remove from Air Fryer and place on cooking wrack to cool. Note: If any wet batter or the top doesn't spring back when pressed with a finger tip, Cook for a further 5 to 10 mins.
- Note 1 It is important to measure the shredded (or grated) zucchini before you add it to the recipe. You need an exact measure of the shredded amount. I used 1 large zucchini, shredded it and measured, it is 2 cups. You might need 2 zucchini if they are smaller. But either way, only add 2 cups as this ensures the bread is fully cooked. according to the rest of the instructions.
Air Fry on...
I think you guys are really going to love this recipe!
It has such great texture and taste and simply melts in your mouth. With a chai latte it is a heaven sent moment in time.
If you make the recipe or have any feedback, I would LOVE to hear it in the comments below.