Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs smothered in a lip smacking easy sauce! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner meets one pan mushroom chicken where we do not hold back on the cream!
Cream, mushrooms and chicken are a pairing of seriously delicious flavours and textures resulting in succulent juicy chicken!
The Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs are sweet, simple and so juicy!
What to serve with creamy mushroom chicken?
Creamy Mushroom Chicken thighs can be paired with spinach, brown rice, a simple salad or roast potatoes!
If you don't mind carbs you can even serve them with your favourite pasta.
This easy recipe also pairs well with green beans, mashed potatoes or Skin On Roast Potatoes!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
As you can see, we have:
- chicken thighs
- chicken stock
- white wine
- plain flour
- dried thyme leaves
- olive oil
I like to purchase sliceb mushrooms if I am in a hurry as they make the dish even easier!!
How to make Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Spread flour onto large dinner plate (Photo 1)
- Coat both sides of the chicken in the flour (dredging) (Photo 2)
- Use a knife and chopping board to finely slice garlic (Photo 3)
- Add olive oil to pan at a medium heat (Photo 4)
I use a french pan on a gas stove top to cook this recipe
Once olive oil is a little warm (hold your palm above the pan to get a sense of the heat) , use tongs to add chicken thighs to the pan one by one. For a gluten free option simply use either gluten free flour for the dredging or no flour at all!
Chicken with creamy mushroom sauce
- Cook chicken thighs for 4- 6 mins (Photo 5)
- Add chickens stock to pan and use it to deglaze the base of the pan (Photo 6)
- Next add sliced garlic (Photos 7)
- Followed by butter (Photo 8)
we use the stock, garlic and butter to cook the mushrooms, leaving them soft, tender and delicious!
Chicken thighs with cream mushroom sauce
- Add dried thyme to the dish (Photo 9)
- Followed by the slices mushrooms (Photo 10)
- Next season with salt and pepper (Photo 11)
- Then add white wine to the pan (Photo 12)
Chicken in creamy mushroom sauce
- Pour cream into the pan (Photo 13)
- Add 2 tbs flour to thicken the sauce (Photo 14)
- Return chicken thighs to the pan Photo 15)
- The simmer to let the sauce thicken and reduce (Photo 16)
The mushrooms will shrink down in size as they cook, so don't worry if they appear bulky at 1st!
You can serve this dish up in the same pan you used to cook the chicken! Simply garnish with cracked pepper and finely chopped parsley.
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 11 total ingredients for this recipe!
- cook your favourite pasta and stir the creamy mushroom chicken through
- this recipe will feed 5 people
- we use skinless boneless chicken thighs
FAQs about Chicken with mushrooms and garlic
- this is a simple recipe that comes together easily
- buying sliced mushrooms will save slicing time!
- the white wine should be sweet and subtle
- if you want to serve this dish with spincah use raw fresh (uncooked) spinach leaves
Your quick questions answered:
- the stock helps to deglaze the pan
- you can use oregano if you prefer instead of dried thyme
- the recipe takes approx 20-25 mins
- This is an EASY recipe
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- use skinless boneless chicken thighs
- purchase sliced mushrooms to save yourself the time in slicing them yourself!
- ensure pan is well seasoned with oil so chicken won't stick to it
- garnish with freshly chopped parsley and cracked pepper
- freeze this recipe for easy meals on week nights
Boneless Chicken Thigh filled recipes
The chicken thighs will be browned in the pan but not fully cooked through.
The creamy mushroom garlic sauce helps to finish cooking the chicken and allow the sauce to thick at the same time!
Chicken is easy to cook with, simple to pair with other flavours and cheap to buy!
Here are some further recipes to try:
- Mexican Lime Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Thighs
If you want to pair this recipe with a simple pasta, try the easy Garlic Spaghetti recipe!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- French pan or fry pan
- Chopping board
- Kitchen Tongs
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- 5 chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 600 ml cream
- ½ cup sweet white wine
- ½ tbs dried thyme leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 50 grams butter
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Thighs
- Spread plain flour over a dinner plate and press chicken thighs down to coat, flip and do other side. Repeat for all chicken thighs.
- Add olive oil to pan, turn to a medium heat and use kitchen tongs to place chicken thighs into pan.
- Cook chicken thighs for 4 -6 min each side (outside will turn a lovely golden brown)
- Use kitchen tongs to remove chicken from the pan and rest on paper towel
- Use the chicken stock to deglaze the pan (scrape all the crunchy firm bits off) add garlic, butter, mushrooms, wine and thyme.
- Pour the cream into the pan and add 2 tbs flour (to thicken the sauce).
- Return the chicken to the pan, reduce the temperature to low and let simmer (and for the sauce to reduce) for 10 mins.
- Serve with spinach and cracked pepper
Easy Chicken recipes
Recipes like this one are designed to get dinner on the table in a hurry!
But it is also imperative that a quick diner is a delicious dinner.
These Creamy Mushroom Chicken thighs tick the creamy, succulent juicy box and the buttery mushrooms are heaven sent.
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
Creamy sauce- check! Succulent tender chicken - check! A little wine for depth of flavour, why I don't mind if we do!
This recipe is lip smackingly good my friends.