Chicken Noodle Soup that will cure the blues! This easy chicken soup recipe is simple to make and has great flavour. Much like our grilled cheese and tomato soup, you will want to make it again and again!
This delicious Chicken Noodle Soup is packed with flavour and deliciousness. It is perfect for cold weather nights and warms the belly!
Happy Friyay from sunny QLD. Are you feeling it, cause I’m feeling it….the weather has got about 2 degrees cooler so I think we are in Autumn right? I have always been and forever will be grateful and appreciative to live in this beautiful sunburnt country. Albeit I think global warming has made winter a thing of the past. But when I’ve got the opportunity as it is a wee bit chilly I love making soup.
There are so many different varieties – pumpkin, pea and ham, minestrone, tomato, the list goes on and on. It is a great time of year to see what seasonal vegetables are out there and then cook accordingly.
The best thing about this recipe is that the quantity is good for 2 serves and you don’t have leftovers. I, like everyone else, understand that you don’t want to have the same meal night after night for too many nights in a row. That is boring and doesn’t leave anything to the imagination to help you get through the week.
I can reassure you with this recipe that you will have a lovely feed, have a few dishes for the dishwasher and then have satisfied with the craving so you can move on to the next recipe.
I have got my blanket out now to snuggle a bit more at night. Best feeling in the world coming home from work and seeing your bed all made up cosy for you to jump right under the covers again. Chicken Noodle Soup is the best dish just before that leap into bed, it’s good for your soul right! Had to make it tonight, comfort food but not so bad like drive through foods. Let’s round out the week with a cheers and a we made it to the weekend WHOOP YEAH YEAH!!
P.S Slurping is totally permitted with this one 😉
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 125 grams rice noodles
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 jalapenos
Chicken Noodle Soup Method
- Add a little olive oil to fry pan, then add garlic, chicken and sprinkle over paprika, cayenne pepper, chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper, fry off till meat is cooked.
- In a medium sized serving bowl, add dry noodles and cover with boiling water, leave for 4 mins then strain into colander.
- Add a little olive oil to a medium sauce pan, add corn kernels and fry off for approximately 2 mins.
- Add creamed corn, followed by chicken stock, bring to boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- In serving bowls, add noodles, then add soup mix, top with cooked chicken and garnish with chopped jalapeno slices.
- Test the soup before serving and add more salt if desired
- Can serve with croutons
- Keeps in the fridge well and also reheats well