Brown Rice Noodles recipe that is vegan, tasty and super quick to make! Here is how to make brown rice noodles into a delicious quick and easy dinner!
Vegan and vegetarian recipe ideas
Who wants to make a Vegan noodle dish tonight? Happy Friyaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I almost typed zucchini cause that came up in my auto spell words. But nope, fav day of the week and for something different VEGAN brown rice noodles nom nom nom.
This recipe is quick, easy and results in delicious noodles coated with a thick stir fry sauce.
Whilst I am not vego or vegan, I am passionate about animal welfare and feel influenced in a good way to vary my diet with options that years ago I wouldn't have had any knowledge about.
Quick and Easy recipes make life easy!
I find it quick easy to have no meat for breakfast and lunch dishes, especially work lunches and with this one, you can easily cook up a batch, portion out into lunch serves, freeze and then grab out of the freezer on your way to work, leave on the bench to defrost and then heat and eat! It is really that easy and straight forward.
To make this dish, I would recommend using a wok, but if you don't have one another option is a large sauce pan.
These Vegan Brown Rice Noodles are so easy!!
You literally prep your veggies, cook your noodles, stir together your sauce, throw it all together and it is ready!
Hunger still got you? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
Vegan Brown Rice Noodles
Vegan Brown Rice Noodles
- 200 grams brown rice noodles (vermicelli)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
Stir fry Sauce
- ⅓ cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon chilli
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Heat wok, add a little peanut oil, then mushrooms, season with garlic, salt and pepper, then cook until mushrooms are a nice grey colour. Turn off heat and leave whilst preparing the rest of the dish.
- Add rice noodles to heat proof bowl, pour over bowling water, leave for 15 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a measuring jug add oyster sauce, soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine, stir to combine. Continue to add garlic, ginger and chilli. Add the cornflour and stir till all ingredients are thoroughly mixed in and there are no white globs from the cornflour.
- Turn the heat back on the wok and add 3 of the shallots, spinach and sesame seeds, stir and leave lid on for approximately 2 minutes to ensure vegetables are cooked all the way through.
- Remove lid and add the sauce to the wok, stir to combine, then add the noodles in batches and stir to combine each time you add more noodles.
- Once all noodles are well mixed in, turn wok off transfer stir fry to serving plate and garnish with remaining shallots .
- If you are not wanting a super thick sauce, use ½ of the mix when you have made it and keep ½ in the fridge for the next serve (will keep for approx 1 week)
- You can also freeze the remaining sauce and use the rest next time you don't have as much time to whip up dinner
Shashi at SavorySpin says
With the weather cooling down, noodles become a fav in our home and this is making my mouth water! So darn delicious!
Thanks Shashi! I appreciate you taking the time to comment.
Don Schuldes says
Love the rice noodle salad, it looks so refreshing! 🙂
Thanks Don, I hope you give it a go! Cheers
Jennifer Feliu says
I made these vegan rice noodles but did not have oyster sauce because I didn't have any. I cooked the mushrooms and the rest of the ingredients as the recipe called for and it came out delicious! I would definitely make this again. I was super hungry and it was just what I needed. Thank you!
Thanks Jennifer! That is great feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to comment. Songlad you enjoyed the recipe.