Passionfruit Tart is for dessert and it is delicious. Golden crisp puff pastry, fresh whipped cream, topped with ripe and juicy passionfruit!
Using Passionfruit to Make a Tart
One of my friends messaged me the other day to see if I wanted some fresh passionfruit. 'Boy, do I ever, was my reply!!' I LOVE passionfruit. It is sweet, it is pretty and it tastes AMAZING!
This passionfruit tart is the easiest dessert you will ever make!
If you are having last minute guests around and find yourself in a pickle as you are out of ideas of what to make, then grab these 3 ingredients and whip up this dessert!
How to use Passionfruit to Make a Quick Dessert
Sometimes you might come across a bag of beautiful fresh ripe passionfruit and want to turn that into a dessert but you don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. For this recipe, it is as easy and letting your pastry thaw for a little bit, cook it the oven until it turns a lovely shade of golden yellow and then topping it with the freshness of the cream and passionfruit.
The juice from the passionfruit doubles as our 'syrup' so you don't need extra ingredients for this Passionfruit Tart to taste fantastic!
How to Prepare Pastry to Make a Tart
The pastry needs to thaw a little, then you score a border, prick it so it won't rise too much when it is cooking and brush it with the egg.
You can think of your tart as you own canvas and work of art!
Vegan if you choose
This recipe has the option of a VEGAN version as you can substitute coconut cream for dairy cream and use store bought vegan puff pasty. That is all you need to do to turn this non-vegan dessert into a vegan dessert which I know my vegan readers will love!!
Buy it, don't make it
If you have been keeping up with my recipes on Sweet Caramel Sunday, you will know that I LOVE using puff pastry as it is easy and convenient. I recommend you do the same. The beauty of this tart is in its simplicity and if you decided to make your own pastry, you will be adding time and labour to the dessert, which is not necessary.
Recently I have shared a few different tart recipes on the blog to savour the beautiful Australian stone fruit season. Here are some recipes that you might like to try:
- Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart (recipe is here)
- Banoffee Tart (recipe is here)
- Peach Tartlets (recipe is here)
- Strawberry Tartlets (recipe is here)
You can have a different tart for each different occasion!
About the recipe:
- Leave the pastry to cool before adding the cream and passionfruit!
- This recipe has a VEGAN option
- You only need 3 main ingredients to make this tart
- The juice from the fruit will double as your syrup on the tart
- You do not need a tart dish to make this recipe
To answer your questions:
- This tart is not suitable to freeze
- For added sweetness add a touch of vanilla essence and icing sugar whilst whipping the cream
- We use an egg to brush the pastry before it goes in the oven
- This is a SUPER EASY dish to make
Keep an eye on the pastry when it is in the oven, you want the whole sheet to be cooked through with no soggy bit in the middle
Our therapy appointment
The smell of the passionfruit will awaken your senses as you indulge in their fragrance when you cut them. That for me is the most therapeutic part of this recipe. Whipping the cream is a fun and relaxing task and your 1st bite of the tart will allow your senses to help you drift away!
You can prepare the cream ahead of time, by whipping it and storing it in a sealed container until you are ready to top the pastry
I recommend you put some good music on, swap into some comfy clothes, turn your phone off and rock on out to making this dish as you relax and enjoy being creative and making beautiful food.
- 1 sheet puff pastry vegan if preferred
- ½ cup cream coconut cream if preferred
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 large passionfruit
- 1 egg free range
Passionfruit Tart Method
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees F 82.2 degrees C. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper
- Rest pastry on bench for 4-5 minutes until you can separate one sheet from the pack and place it on the grease proof paper
- Use a sharp knife and score a 1 inch border on all 4 sides of the pastry
- Crack egg into a small bowl and whisk for 2 minutes
- Prick pastry all over (within the border) with a form
- Coat the pastry with the whisked egg using a pastry brush
- Bake for 10 minutes or until pastry sheet is cooked thoroughly. Remove from oven and set aside
- Pour cream into medium sized bowl, add icing sugar and vanilla essence, beat until smooth peaks form
- Spread cream over pastry sheet, within the border
- Slice passionfruits in half and scoop onto cream layer
A little bit more about me
It is literally about 11 days till I go to America and Canada. I have an app on my phone which regularly updates me on the big countdown!!
Tickets booked....here we come!
I was researching activites this week and found some foodie walks in Las Vegas, which sound right up by alley!
Hope you have all been well and if you are new to the blog, hello and welcome. Give me a shout if you have questions about the recipes or cooking tips.
Some of my favourite recipes I would love you to try are:
- Tofu Pad Thai (recipe is here)
- Orange Cacao Bliss Balls (recipe is here)
- Tofu Fried Noodle Salad (recipe is here)
- Garlic Mushrooms (recipe is here)
I would love to connect on Pinterest and share ideas!