Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts are delicious and so quick to prepare! Oven bake them with some garlic and chilli and it will be the best side dish you have ever made.
This is the perfect side dish to serve as a side to a delicious meat based dish. Throw some Honey Soy Chicken Wings in the oven, combine all of the ingredients for this salad and you have a meal in one!
Let's talk about Brussel Sprouts
These oven roasted brussel sprouts are so good, you will want to make them every night of the week!
Hi ho, my friends!! Hope you are having a great weekend. I am, however, I have noticed that I now need to create lists to get things done or else the time just disappears!! I am sure you have noticed it too. One minute it's all 'Fridayyyyyy' and then poof all of a sudden it's almost Monday again. I did, however, put on my list to share this recipe with you and you guys are going to LOVE it!
I know Brussel Sprouts are not everyone's cup of tea and I totally understand that. They can be plain, seen as a 'boring' vegetable but when you do them my way, boy do they pack a punch. You will be running right out to the shops to get some to whip them up each weekend when you have tried these bad boys.
It will be Roasted Brussel Sprouts for breakfast, lunch and tea! Haha!
How to make Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts?
I'll start from the outset in saying that I did consider using parmesan in this dish to begin with....but and there is always a but...I realised I wanted to make them vegan. I have talked to you guys in the past about how I have heaps of vegan or vegetarian friends and I honour that. The parm would not have, so in leaving that out, I am coming from an understanding of the vegan lifestyle, but I will in a future post also give you guys a recipe to use these for that is not vegan. I feel that way we are covering all bases.
So.....let's begin by looking at the veggies, raw....I think they look really pretty, but trust me, they do not taste good just yet...
I made lots of video clips for this recipe and posted them to my insta feed, so if you want to follow that process, you can do that right here. I was getting my groove on, listening to some cool tunes and roasting away.
How to cook Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts?
If you remember back to when we were talking about garlic mushrooms and I posted that recipe here, you will recall the garlic/olive oil seasoning that we did. Well, that is quite similar to the seasoning that we are doing for these Brussel Sprouts, but I changed up the herbs a little.
We still use garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, but I have switched out the thyme and used chilli flakes instead.
The idea here is that I want these veggies to taste goooooooood. I want lots of flavour and 'yum' factor and the combo of those key ingredients takes these to that place, nom nom nom.
You will see I have used an oven tray to lift the sprouts off the base of the baking tray. That is because whilst we use a bit of oil to baste them, we don't want to have to go to yoga every single day, (ain't nobody got time for that), so less ingested oil the better.
When they come out of the oven, they will be looking like the above - mmmm hmmmm, they will also smell fabulous at this point too.
So....let's have a look at what we need to do to them to get them to be beautiful and delicious Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts!
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts (Vegan side dish)
- 600 g brussel sprouts
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic chunky size
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp himalayan rock salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and place a wire tray on top
- Rinse your Brussel Sprouts. Cut the ends off and cut them in ½.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, minced garlic, chilli flakes, garlic, salt and pepper, stir to combine
- Use a pastry brush to coat the open half of each vegetable.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- When you take them out of the oven, season again with garlic salt and serve
- The garlic salt can be found in the grocery store with other herbs and spices (it is premade and mixed together)
- Don't worry too much if you miss cutting the ends off one or 2 of the brussel sprouts - more greens the better!
- Your technique can be either baste each brussel sprout half indivdually and then place on tray, or place all on tray and then use the brush to go over them all (2nd option is much faster).
- Don't forget the garlic salt at the end, it is the ingredient that makes you go 'ahhhhhh' when eating these
Vegetables recipes and salad ideas
If you are after more ideas to get veggies into your meals....then definitely check out these recipes:
- Garlic mushrooms
- Baked Stuffed Flat Mushrooms
- Baked Stuffed Pumpkin
- Roasted Brocolli and Haloumi Salad
Thanks for coming, always nice to see you here.
Adrianne x (Brisvegas is not so cold anymore, yay! But very breezy today).
P.S A few of you have been asking about Tonks, so I took another pic to show you. He helped me put a fresh set of sheets on the bed yesterday 🙂 Love the feeling of a nights sleep in fresh sheets! He says Meow!