Cranberry Brie is going to be the life party! This baked brie recipe is similar to the one we do with garlic, but has different ingredients and textures. Using both cranberry sauce and dried cranberries mixed with nuts for ultra festiveness!
Use fresh cranberries if you can source them or dried cranberries which can be bought year round.
Baked Brie recipes tend to have a wow factor about them as they take cheese to that next level awesomeness.
This recipe is as easy as combing the dried cranberries and nuts, baking our brie and melting our cranberry sauce.
Can you take the rind off brie before baking?
The rind of brie cheese is that white layer that covers the cheese. We keep it on when baking our cheese as this helps to keep the cheese together.
We simply use a knife to score it in both directions which makes dipping crackers in that bit easier.
How do you keep baked brie warm?
This quick and easy recipe doesn't take long to bring together. Part of the appeal is eating the cheese when it is melted and gooey.
As we heat our cranberry sauce before pouring it on the brie, it will keep the cheese warmer for longer. If you find your cheese has been sitting for a while, you can reheat in the microwave warming it up.
Serve this recipe fresh from the oven and watch how quickly it disappears! Blink twice and you will miss it!
Ingredients for cranberry brie
We have kept the ingredients simple for this recipe and they are shown in the photo below:
As you can see we have:
- brie cheese
- cranberry sauce
- dried cranberries
Baked brie cheese recipes are winners because they use simple, easy to find ingredients and are quick to prepare!
How to make cranberry baked brie?
We bake our brie in the oven and mix our cranberries and nuts in the food processor.
The step by step photos below are exactly what you need to do to make this recipe and master it from the 1st time you try it.
We follow these steps with preparing to bake our brie, heating the cranberry sauce, pouring this over the baked brie and topping it with our toasted cranberry nut mix (it is simply amazing!!)
What goes with baked brie?
The combination of dried cranberries, walnuts, pistachios and cranberry sauce make a simply delicious pairing with baked brie.
Serve your brie with a generous amount of crackers. Thick round style are best as they don't break when dipping and loading!
Above all, there will be nights when you just want to sit with it, good company and some wine. This recipe is perfect to serve as an appetizer or to indulge in!
The combined textures of the gooey melted brie and the chopped nut mix are amazing!
Brie Cranberry quick info:
About the recipe:
- we use a 200 gram wheel of brie cheese
- the cranberry sauce is store bought
- we use dried cranberries
- for nuts we need walnuts and pistachios
FAQs about Cranberry Brie
- you do keep the rind on the brie when baking it
- the brie only needs about 10 mins in the oven
- you can reheat the brie if it goes cold and firmer again
- the crushed nut and cranberry mix can be made ahead of time and frozen
- This is an EASY recipe
Cranberry Baked Brie Pro tips:
It is handy for you to have these thing in mind when you are cooking this recipe:
- the rind gets scored in both directions (left, then right diagonal, lightly)
- to save time and effort, use store bought cranberry sauce
- use baking paper under your brie when baking so it can slid off easily for plating
- don't skip the step of toasting the nut mix, it adds extra taste and texture
Baked Brie is perfect for weekends, having friends over and works for special occasions and festive times. Here is further inspiration you can create:
- Baked Brie with Garlic (this is INSANELY delicious!!)
- Coconut Prawns (shrimp for my American friends)
- Mini Quiches 12 ways (both vego and non vego options)
- Honey Soy Chicken Wings (family favourite recipe)
- Chili Lime Chicken Wings (oven baked recipe)
- Baked Chicken Meatballs (with homemade satay sauce)
- Easy Crab Cakes (with dipping sauce)
- Grazing Platter (perfect for a crowd)
- Spinach Cob Loaf (dip in a bread bowl)
- Melon and Prosciutto Skewers (no bake appetizer)
- Baking tray
- Serving plates
- 200 grams brie cheese Note 1
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 140 grams cranberry sauce Note 2
- crackers to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°c/400°F, gas 6
- Add walnuts, pistachios and dried cranberries to food processor and blitz to combine and crush them.
- Use a knife to score the brie rind diagonally in both directions. Note 3
- Place brie on lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins Note 4
- Add cranberry sauce to a heatproof jug and microwave for 1-2 mins. We want the jelly like sauce to melt.
- Toast the crushed nut mix in a fry pan(low to medium heat) for 1-2 mins Note 5
- Remove baked brie from the oven and transfer to serving plate.
- Pour the hot melted cranberry sauce over the baked brie.
- Sprinkle the toasted crushed nut mix over the cranberry sauce.
- Serve with crackers.
- Note 1 you will be able to get this in a 'wheel' which is the round shape you see in my photos. If you have a choice, go for the bigger, not smaller of the options.
- Note 2 for this step use the knife lightly, don't cut through to the cheese
- Note 3 I use store bought cranberry sauce for this recipe. The consistency is like jam and it comes in a jar. Simply transfer sauce to heat proof jug to allow it to be heated in the microwave before pouring on the baked brie. Hard it is like jelly, heated it melts and has an able to pour consistency.
- Note 4 Your brie will be soft to the touch when it is ready. Gently push the side of the wheel with the tip of your finger at the 10 min mark. The brie is ready if you can feel that slight give, ie less bounce back than in the beginning.
- Note 5 Nuts toast and the burn surprisingly quickly, so stay near the stove when you are doing this to keep an eye on it. Generally as soon as I start to smell the nuts toasting (it will be obvious) I turn the heat off and remove the pan from the stove so they don't keep toasting.
Christmas menu planning
Let's get organised for the big day...with some further inspiration!
The colour and texture in this dish is sure to delight and you will be filled with the festive spirit when you pop it on your table.
Sing out to me if you have questions, I'll be eating cheese in the other room, haha!
Let's get cooking with these holiday recipe ideas:
[penci_index title="Christmas Recipes" cat="christmas" numbers_posts="4" columns="4" display_title="yes" display_cat="no" display_date="no" display_image="yes" image_size="square" cat_link="yes" cat_link_text="View All" /]