Baked Brie with Honey is a quick and easy appetizer that looks super pretty and mouthwatering! Honey Brie has taste, texture and indulgent yum about it. Get your party started in an effortlessly impressive manner by serving this honey baked brie.
Recipes like my Microwave Brie, Baked Brie with Garlic and Honey Baked Camembert are impressive party starters!
My Grazing Platter is the perfect crowd pleaser!
🤍 Recipe Highlights
I have summarised everything you will come to know and love about this recipe in the points below.
- Super quick to make: there is 5 steps in this recipe and its a case of blink and you have turned a wheel of brie cheese into a work of (edible) art!
- Simple combination of ingredients: the ingredients we need for the recipe are simple and easy to get your hands on at the local shops.
- Party starter: everyone needs a couple of party starters for entertaining. This combination works as the colours pop but you don't need to spend much time or energy in the creation of it.
- Sweet and savory: the brie has a pretty mild flavour compared to some bold strong tasting cheeses. I worked on the flavour combination with the intention to provide sweetness from the strawberries and honey with a savory touch from the crushed nuts. Combined it is like a powerhouse of all the right deliciousness.
- Minimal work entertaining: serving cheese is a great way to kick things off, but if you have to bake a dip or prepare a platter for an hour or 2 to start with, it really consumes all of your time. This cheese recipe is the opposite of time, energy and effort, also known as super easy! (😘🥰❤).
The photo below it to show you the ingredients needed to make the recipe. Please refer to the printable recipe card for quantities needed.
As you can see, the recipe calls for:
- Brie cheese: a wheel of this is best and one of a decent size. I am using a 250 gram (8 ounce) wheel, which is slightly larger than the regular size. You can however, purchase a small wheel if you want to make this for date night etc and not have too much cheese.
- Honey: you don't have to use a premium brand of this. A standard squeezy bottle will be fine! It is such a smooth, thick, sweet ingredient that will be make any recipe shine.
- Slivered almonds: we add these to the top of the cheese for decoration. They add taste and texture as well and balance out the softness of both the brie and strawberries.
- Strawberries: these add the perfect touch to the recipe. They add pops of colour, are easy (almost always) to get your hands on and can be super budget friendly when on special ❤. For this recipe I recommend fresh strawberries, not frozen.
- Rosemary: optional, but a couple of leaves of this add further colour and contrast. If you grow it, snip a bit and pull the leaves of, it is too easy. You can also use another herb such as thyme if you wish.
Tasty tip: If wanting to use a herb other than rosemary, go for one which is aromatic (has a smell about it) and sweet rather than savory.
Here at the step by step instructions to make the recipe. Start by unwrapping the brie and discarding the paper.
- Baked brie (Photo 1)
- Drizzle with honey (Photo 2)
- Add slivered almonds (Photo 3)
- Top with strawberries and rosemary (Photo 4)
👩🍳 How to Make Baked Brie With Honey
Start by unwrapping the cheese, then place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. It is important to note at this point, that you can use the oven, air fryer or microwave to cook the cheese.
Whilst 'baked brie' does denote baking the cheese in the oven to melt it (and you can), cooking (also baking) the cheese in the air fryer or microwave leads to very similar results in half or a tenth of the time!
As soon as the cheese has been cooked, it is simply a matter of topping it with the honey, strawberries, crushed nuts and rosemary (if using).
🍽 Serving Suggestions
A cheese knife is the best way to serve the cheese and you can use either crackers or toasted bread, depending on your personal favourite.
You can also pop small bowls of the additional toppings near the serving platter so that people can fully load their cracker with the cheese and toppings!
- Place crackers or bread on the serving platter (Photo 5)
👍 How to Guide
How to Store
Leftovers can be stored in a sealed, air tight container for up to 2 days.
How to Freeze
It is not recommended to freeze the cheese as this can lead to mixed results.
How to Reheat
If you want to reheat leftovers, place them on a plate and into the microwave for 1 minute. It it not recommended to reheat the cheese more than once.
😉 Substitutions and Variations
Here are my sub ins and outs that you might be thinking about as you read the post, options that all work well:
- Add savory toppings like cooked crispy bacon or prosciutto.
- Switch out the nuts and use chopped dried figs, apricots or dates.
- Add some crispy fried garlic to the top of the brie.
- Switch up the herbs and use thyme in place of the rosemary.
- You can use maple syrup in place of the honey if you wish.
- Chopped or whole fresh raspberries are a great easy topping you can try.
- Add additional chopped nuts like pistachios or pecans if you like. (Chopped is better so they are a finer detail than a large chunk of whole nuts on top).
💡 Tasty Tips
Here are my top tips and tricks that I want to share with you so that you master the recipe from the get go:
- You don't have to use the oven to bake the brie. You can use an air fryer or microwave as alternatives.
- Use your favourite toppings if you want to switch it up from honey and strawberries.
- Provide both crackers and toasted bread for diversity when serving.
- Pop a cheese knife on the serving board (so helpful for chopping and spreading).
- Think of festive combinations for Christmas such as dried cranberries, nuts and herbs.
🤓 Frequently Asked Questions
Should you cut the rind off brie before baking?
No, it is not necessary to cut the rind of brie before baking. The rind helps to keep the melted cheese all together in one spot.
Does brie pair well with honey?
Honey and brie are a match made in heaven. The sweet sticky honey contrasts especially well with the creamy brie cheese and you can add additional toppings such as dried fruits and nuts to top off the cheese.
Do you bake brie covered or uncovered?
You do not need to cover brie when you bake it. Simply pop it on a lined baking tray and into the oven.
Which cheese is best with honey?
Brie, camembert and feta cheese all pair well with honey. They each give you the option to bake them and serve warm with honey drizzled over the top.
How do you know if brie is done?
To test of the cheese is ready, press the centre of the top of it. It should give and you can feel that the cheese is soft and melted. If it resists the push, it is not ready and needs to be cooked for a little bit longer.
😍 More Easy Appetizer Recipes
Getting your cheese on, your dip or simply something to start the party with can be easily done without breaking a sweat 😁. Try some of these ideas for convenience:
- Honey Walnut Cream Cheese
- Honey Pecan Cream Cheese
- Pistachio Spread
- Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
- Cream Cheese Spinach Dip
- Christmas Dip
- Baked Camembert with Cranberry Sauce
It is getting cheesy around here my friend!
PIN and save the recipe for later!
Hunger still got you? You can SUBSCRIBE to receive the latest recipes, follow me on Pinterest, Instagram or Facebook.
Baked Brie With Honey
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Baking paper or silicon mat
- 1 Butter Knife
- 1 Teaspoon
- 250 gram/8 oz wheel brie cheese Note 1
- ⅓ cup/80ml honey
- 2 tablespoons strawberries rinsed, tops trimmed and chopped into small pieces, Note 2
- 1 sprig rosemary crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven: preheat the oven to 180°C / 350-375°F / Gas Mark 4-5. Note 3
- Cook: bake the brie for 10 mins, till it is soft in the centre when gently pressed with your finger tip.
- Serving plate: transfer the cook brie to a serving plate by sliding a butter knife underneath and gently lifting it.
- Decorate: drizzle the honey over the top of the cheese. Use a teaspoon to help spread this out in a layer to cover the rind. Place the chopped strawberries on top of the honey and then sprinkle the rosemary leaves across the top.
- Serve and enjoy: place crackers around the side of the cheese and provide a cheese knife for serving (optional).
- Cook: place the brie on a plate in the microwave and cook for 1 min 20 seconds at high heat.
- Transfer: use a tea towel on the edge of the plate to remove from the microwave. Place next to serving board then slide a butter knife underneath the cheese, lift and transfer it to the centre of the serving board.
- Follow the remaining instructions under 'oven' for decorating and serving.
- Note 1 - Brie Cheese: Everywhere from Walmart to Safeway, Tesco, Aldi, Woolies and Coles will stock what you need to make the recipe. You won't have to drive all over town to get anything special! The brie cheese wheels have a slight range from 200 grams (8 ounces) to 1kg (2.2 pounds). If you want to use a super huge wheel then you will need more quantities of each of the toppings. However, if you are sticking to a reasonably traditional size within that range, you will be fine with the quantities specified.
- Note 2 - Tablespoons: this doesn't matter too much for this recipe, however, as an FYI an Australian tablespoon (which is what I use) is 20ml. In many other countries (USA and Canada for example) the same tablespoon measures 15ml (o.5 oz). So if using a 15 ml tablespoon, aim for 2.5 tablespoons.
- Note 3 - Preheated oven: the oven being preheated is important as it allows you to follow my timing instruction in a straightforward manner. If you were to place the cheese into the oven and it is not fully heated, it will take longer to cook and you will wonder why that is. If you ensure that you wait will that light goes off and the oven is good to go, your cheese will also be cooked to go! (❤ ❤).
Recipe published October 2022, updated November 2022 with more tasty tips for you! 🥰❤.
Yum and also looks very pretty.
Thanks Elizabeth. I appreciate your feedback.