These Asian style noodles are street eats type noodle bowls, so you will need to BYO your chopsticks!
Instant Noodle recipes
Instant Noodles are the ones that come in a packet or cup and you can cook them super fast in boiling water.
Whilst that is easy and works for many, I prefer to add a few of my favourite ingredients to really make the chorizo and noodle combo zingy and satisfying.
We do these with a combination of an Asian style sauce and some complimentary flavour combinations.
2 minute Noodle recipes
This recipe is a 2 minute noodle stir fry that you can whip up any time you are hungry and looking for a quick meal.
There are so many ways to add protein, colour and versatility to a quick noodle stir fry. Here are some simple ideas:
- cook in chicken broth
- add poached chicken
- top with a boiled egg
- add some bacon bits
- a little left over chicken
- cooked prawns
- a handful of cashews
- some unsalted peanuts
- healthy greens (broccoli or broccolini)
Instant Noodles can be seriously pimped with broth, sauce, vegetables, meats, greens and garnishes! Oh and a little sriracha hot sauce never goes astray!
Chorizo Noodle ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. They are set out in the photo below so you can see exactly what you need:
- noodles (instant, ramen, 2 minute)
- cherry tomatoes
- peanut oil
- soy sauce
- fish sauce
- sesame oil
- sriracha sauce (hot chilli sauce)
- shallots (green onions)
- salt and pepper
If you want to add a fried egg on top like we do in our Hungover Noodles recipe go right ahead!!
Chorizo Stir Fry Noodles
The photos below are the easy step by step instructions you need to bring this dish together:
- Add dried noodles to a heat proof bowl and pour boiling water over to cook (Photo 1)
- Use a knife to slice the chorizo, shallots and garlic (Photo 2)
- Add peanut oil and sliced garlic to a wok and turn to medium heat (Photo 3)
- Add sliced chorizo and stir fry, stirring the ingredients as you go (Photo 4)
Peanut oil works really well in this recipe as it brings its own flavour to the noodle bowl. You can use olive oil though if you don't have this ingredient!
Chorizo 2 minute Noodle stir fry method
- Stir fry for 2-3 mins until chorizo is cooked through (Photo 5)
- Add sliced green onions (shallots) (Photo 6)
- Season with salt and pepper (Photo 7)
- Add cooked noodles (Photo 8)
Once the noodles are cooked, we drain (no need to rinse them) and then add them back to the wok to heat through as we add the remaining ingredients and Asian style noodle sauce.
- Add the cherry tomatoes (Photo 9)
- Stir to combine (Photo 10)
- Then add soy sauce (Photo 11)
- Followed by spinach (Photo 12)
It only takes minutes for these final ingredients to be stir fried and combined.
Once the spinach has started to wilt, it is almost time to turn the heat off (we don't want it overcooked).
Chorizo Noodles Method
- Drizzle in the sesame oil (Photo 13)
- Use your tongs to stir everything together Photo 14)
Then all we need to do is plate and pair with chopsticks!
You can serve your noodles with sriracha hot sauce. But I recommend keeping it on the side for friends and family. As it is hot, hot, hot and they may want to take it slowly!
Chorizo Stir Fry Noodles recipe quick info:
About the recipe:
- there is 13 total ingredients for this recipe!
- you can use instant, 2 minute, ramen or egg noodles
- this recipe will feed 4 people (portion size dependent)
- the serving size of the chorizo is ½ one per person
FAQs about Chorizo Noodle Bowls
- we use basic ingredients for this easy recipe
- the chorizo sausage is 'spicy', not hot, hot, hot
- however, the sriracha sauce is hot, hot, hot!! And then a little bit hotter!
- instant noodles, 2 minute noodles, ramen noodles, dried noodles are all good choices!
- if you have or can get, try the peanut and sesame oils as they are perfect for Asian cooking
Your quick questions answered:
- I use a non electric wok on a gas stove
- the chorizo needs to be cooked till it is a little light brown and pieces and fully cooked
- the recipe takes approximately 15 mins
- This is a super EASY recipe
The sweet cherry tomatoes are the perfect contrast to the salty chorizo. You can pierce them as they are cooking, gently press down on them to release their juices and add even more flavour to the dish (like in the Burst Cherry Tomato Pasta).
These tips are to help you master this recipe from the 1st time you make it:
- Use freshly boiled hot water from the kettle to pour over and cook the noodles
- Hold onto a few of the greener slices (top end) of the shallots for garnish
- substitute rocket leaves in place of the spinach leaves
- serve immediately after removing from the heat
Switch the proteins around for variety each time you cook the dish. Try adding shrimp, pork or poached chicken!
If you love Asian Street Food, Noodles and or chorizo, you will love this recipe!
There are some days that a noodle bowl should be the only thing on your 'to do list'.
Another thing I love about this recipe is that it doesn't have to be 'dinner', or 'lunch', it can be breakfast or brunch also!
You don't have to be a noodle lover to enjoy this dish. If you are however, you might also like the following recipes:
Or if spaghetti noodles are what you crave, try the Garlic Spaghetti Noodles.
- 4 instant noodles
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 4 shallots
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ tablespoon sriracha sauce plus for drizzling
- ½ tablespoon peanut oil
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes Note
- Use a knife to slice the chorizo, shallots and garlic, keep separate on the chopping board
- Add dried noodles to a heatproof bowl, boil the kettle and pour boiling water over them to cook. Drain (don't rinse) and set aside
- Add peanut oil to a wok and turn to a medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2- 3 mins.
- Add sliced chorizo and diced bacon, cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add shallots and season with salt and pepper, cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add dried noodles and stir to combine
- Pour in soy sauce, fish sauce. sriracha and stir to combine
- Drizzle sesame oil over wok contents and stir fry for another 2 mins
- Serve with hot chilli sauce (sriracha)
- Note * 1 x standard punnet (300 grams) cherry tomatoes is perfect for the 4 serves of this recipe
- Note * Each person gets ½ chorizo serving size in their portion. You can increase this amount if you wish.
Quick stir fry noodles
I am excited to share this recipe with you today as I know the flavours work and you will enjoy it!
Don't be afraid to try the sriracha if you haven't yet, but do take it slowly!
Quick, easy and delicious, I aim to please my friends.
Please give me a shout if you have questions or make the recipe as I would love to hear your feedback.
Now go get your chorizo sizzle on my friends and wok on!