Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart is for dessert! Flaky puff pastry, fresh from the oven, with a good swipe of cream, sweet lemon curd and fresh blueberries. This is the perfect homemade tart recipe!
Flaky puff pastry, fresh from the oven, with a good swipe of cream, sweet lemon curd and fresh blueberries.
You guys are absolutely going to love this recipe!! This Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart came about as we have such beautiful fruit in Sunny Queensland at the moment. I have mentioned this in a few of my latest posts. We are very lucky in that regard.
Is there any better sweet fruit combination than Blueberries and Lemon Curd?
The recipe is inspired by summer, fruit, sunshine and good vibes! Keeping those inspirations in mind, I didn't want to create a recipe that would take you hours to prepare. With the ingredients on hand, this recipe can be easily whipped up, even as a last minute dessert for unexpected guests!
Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart recipe
During these hot summer days, I have been eating copious amounts of blueberries straight from the punnet. They are delicious and a healthy snack to have for those in between meal times when you get a little bit peckish.
For desserts recently, I have played around a lot with puff pastry. You can have it on hand, in the freezer ready to go. I also love that you can get a vegan puff pastry! What better way to celebrate summer than by making a blueberry lemon curd tart which is quick and easy!
Lemon Curd for our Blueberry Tart
I have made my own lemon curd many times in the past, but lemons are quite expensive at this time in Queensland. So I recommend using store bought lemon curd. If you find a good one, you will be able to grab it anytime you need and I admit that the taste of the one that I go is just as good as homemade lemon curd.
The recipe works because of the combination of ingredients. The Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart has both zest and flavour!
Using Puff Pastry to make tarts
Whilst I understand how enjoyable it can be to make your own pastry for desserts. The beauty of purchasing puff pastry (freezer section of the super marker) means desserts can be quick and easy. You won't compromise on taste and you can use your time to prepare other dishes if you are having a dinner party.
You might remember for the Vegan Peach Tartlets, I shared with you recently, we used a marmalade syrup. I have gone with the same idea for this tart, but changed it up a little and used blueberry jam for the blueberry syrup!
If you want to make this tart vegan, you can do that using store bought puff pastry (vegan), whipped coconut cream and vegan lemon curd. The other ingredients are already suitable for vegans.
Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart questions answered:
About the recipe:
- The tart is best served just after the pastry has cooled from the oven
- This is a PERFECT summer tart
- The blueberry syrup has only 2 ingredients!
- Combining lemon curd and blueberries is a match made in heaven!
To answer your questions:
- Spread your cream after the pastry is a little bit cool (otherwise it will melt)
- The dish is not suitable for freezing
- The recipe contains egg (in the lemon curd)
- This is a SUPER EASY dish to pull together
It is really important to make sure the whole sheet of pastry is cooked through. By removing the baking tray and letting the pastry cook for a while on just the baking paper, you are sure to get thoroughly cooked crispy pastry!
It's therapy time...
If you are ever feeling stressed, grab some cream and a pair of beaters. There is something so relaxing about seeing the cream ripple and change form right in front of your eyes with very little manual labour. I like to add a little bit of icing sugar and vanilla essence as this gives the cream a beautiful sweet taste.
The cream can be prepared in advance and kept refrigerated in a container with a seal or lid until you are ready to use it.
Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart Recipe
Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart Recipe
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ½ cup cream (whipping)
- ½ cup store bought lemon curd
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Blueberry Syrup Recipe
- ⅓ cup blueberry jam
- ⅓ cup water
Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart Method
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees F 82.2 degrees C. Line a baking tray with paper
- Take your pastry out of the freezer, after a few minutes separate the sheets and lay one flat on the baking paper
- Make Blueberry Syrup (see below)
- Roll edges on all 4 sides of pastry inwards to create a crust around the outside
- Use a small fork to prick the pastry all over
- Use a pastry brush to coat the pastry with a light film
- Bake for 10 mins. After which time slide the baking sheet off the tray (with pastry on top) and leave it in the oven. Baking tray can be moved to a lower rack.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until you notice pastry is lightly toasted including the centre on the underneath side
- Remove pastry from oven and set aside to cool
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence, whip till soft peaks form
- When the pastry has cooled a little, spread whipped cream on as the 1st layer.
- Add some dollops of lemon curd and a few drops of blueberry syrup
- Top with blueberries and serve
Blueberry Syrup Method
- Combine blueberry jam and water in a blender jug and blitz to combine
- For VEGANS use vegan puff pastry and coconut cream instead of dairy cream
- You can use frozen blueberries, however I like fresh ones and think they work better for this recipe
- I specifically included a photo of the underside of the pastry showing what it will look like when it is cooked. This is important as you don't want raw under cooked pastry. Keep it in the oven with an eye on it until it fully cooks.
- A pizza wheel is the best way to cut the pastry so that you can have clean even pieces.
- You don't need a tart pan for this recipe. A baking tray is fine.
- The crust of the pastry becomes the tart shell and will keep all of the ingredients together on top of the tart