Blueberry Crepes, how you will choose your favourite between these and our Blueberry Custard Pancakes is a tricky question!! These breakfast recipes will have you looking forward to breakfast every single day!
Smashed Avocado and our Simple Avocado Toast are savory options for my friends here who don’t like sweet breakfast recipes. Our Mixed Berry Oat Smoothie is for those who prefer to drink their 1st meal of the day. Either way, I’ve got you covered!
What to put in Blueberry Crepes?
Who loves crepes! Me, I do!! These Blueberry Crepes with banana and custard came about as my weekend was packed with yoga and social gatherings, but I still wanted to make the time to chat to you guys and share something from my kitchen.
I knew that this was the recipe that would do the trick! As you know, last week I made Strawberry crepes and well, they were delicious so I wanted to share another delightful combination with you – Blueberry and banana crepes.
The reality is with these, they are jam packed with bananas and decorated with blueberries, so you are getting some of your fruit serves in for the day – got to love that right!!
Crepes for breakfast on the weekend
I think on the weekends, we can all afford to eat a little differently from during the week and whilst the crepes itself is not the same as eating a bowl of spinach, I feel it is ok to get this balance in your diet if you are not eating like every day of the week (and a little yoga doesn’t hurt, yew!!).
Today, I had a lovely trip down memory lane and a drive to the countryside. When I was 21, I went to Japan to teach English. The small group of Australian teachers I met and spent many work days with were also from Brisbane. So thanks to social media, today we decided to catch up to reminisce and share good old times.
How do you make Blueberry Crepes?
This is how to make Blueberry crepes with vanilla custard. You whip up a batch crepe mix. Heat a crepe pan with butter. Let it melt a little bit. They pour out your crepe mix. Once the batter is nearly set, you flip and repeat.
They are literally so easy and taste delicious.
A crepe maker is the easiet way to do these but a flat fry pan will also do the trick.
Breakfast with friends
Coincidentally 2 of the ladies are living in Dayboro now and so we met there for a late lunch (great to catch up with you girls, just like old times). Wow, what beautiful scenery and fresh air. The grass is green, the cows are well fed and the views are spectacular. We had a lovely time catching up,
I cannot believe it has been so long since we all saw each other and in another country, seems like such a long time ago, but also not forever ago.
I have been getting some ideas and inspiration from Pinterest lately, I never knew that there was so much content on there that is so readily available. Hope to see you on there if you are looking for more tips and recipe ideas!
Blueberry and Banana Crepes
Blueberry and Banana Crepes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/3 cup full cream milk
- 1 egg free range
- pinch caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 punnet bluberries fresh
- 4 bananas sliced
- low fat vanilla custard
- cacao powder to dust
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, milk, egg, sugar and vanilla essence
- Whisk till combined and batter has no lumps
- Place in fridge to rest for 20-30 minutes
- Add 5c piece amount of button to a medium non stick fry pan, use a pastry brush to move this around to coat the pan (see note below)
- Use an ice-cream scoop to spoon batter into pan, cook for just less than a minute, flip and cook the other side.
- Fill crepes with sliced bananas fresh blueberries, cacao power and low fat vanilla custard
- The batter for these works best if it has had a chance to rest in the fridge after it has been made, allow for this in your prep time.
- These can be filled with anything sweet - strawberries, bananas, icecream, blueberries, pretty much anything you can think of - have a little fun with it!
- I would not recommend these be filled and served as a savoury option due to the sweetness of the batter, ie the vanilla essence and sugar.
- For a savoury crepe, substitute a pinch of salt for the sugar and omit the vanilla essence.
- If using a non stick pan, the butter will do about 5 crepes, it would be too greasy if you rebuttered in between each crepe and imagine how much yoga you would have to do to burn all that butter off!
- The technique I used for these is to have 2 pairs of tongs. One pair in each hand. This will ensure you can flip without burning your fingers.
If you liked these Blueberry and Banana crepes, I am sure you will also love these Strawberry crepes too.
Or you might like to make Pad Thai instead of getting take out and this recipe is a fabulous go to for authentic tasting Thai at home. If you are not in the mood for dessert tonight, why not try something completely different and in that case, I would recommend this super awesome vegetarian Mushroom Zucchini Spaghetti
If you are looking for a super healthy option there are numerous Salad and vegetable ideas on my Pinterest – Salad and vegetable ideas board!
But hey, if you also just want to have a drool over some damn good looking pizzas, then check my Pizza and flatbread ideas board.
Let me know if you give this dish a whirl, I would love to know what you think. If you share a picture on instagram use the hashtag #sweetcaramelsunday I would love to check it out xx
Also, I wanted to share the greenery with you – here is a quick pic, I took when I was driving home – wow, it takes my breath away how beautiful it is out there! Like a world away from it all.