Brown Rice Noodles recipe that is quick and easy for weeknight dinners! Are you a brown rice noodle fan?
I am as they are healthy and delicious and so easy to cook with.
Fancy making a brown rice noodle stir fry packed with veggies, then this recipe is for you!
Brown rice noodle recipes
I love noodles! I bet you are in agreement with me as they are so tasty and delicious. The trouble is I find that some noodles are quick thick and leave you feeling overly full after eating. These brown rice noodles won't do that.
I purchased mine from the local grocery store in the same aisle as rice, noodles and international foods. Check the packets carefully as there are not heaps of options for the brown rice version, but if you keep your eyes peeled, I am sure you will locate them without too much trouble.
This simple recipe allows you to have the best of both worlds - lots of vegetables, a little meat for protein and tasty and delicious noodles.
How long to prepare rice noodle stir fry
Cooking the dish in the wok is a speedy option that doesn't create loads of pots and pans to clean after you have finished. The sauce is nice and thick so you will feel like you are having noodles from your favourite take away place, but the best part is, you will know exactly what is in the meal you are eating.
You can make the sauce ahead of time and leave in the fridge, but I find that if you have all of the ingredients on hand, it actually doesn't take that long to whip up the whole dish in just a little bit of kitchen time.
How to cook brown rice noodles
Cooking brown rice noodles is so easy. You literally place them in a heatproof bowl, pour in enough hot water to cover them and then let them sit for 10 mins.
Brown Rice Noodle Stirfry
- 500 grams pork mince
Brown Rice Noodle Stir Fry
- 200 grams brown rice noodles
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup oyster sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbs chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbs garlic minced
- 1 tbs ginger minced
- 1 tbs chilli minced
- 1 tbsp cornflour
Brown Rice Noodle Stir Fry Method
- Heat wok, add a little peanut oil, then mince, season with garlic, salt and pepper, then cook mince until all browned. Turn off heat and leave whilst preparing the rest of the dish.
- Microwave frozen vegetables for 4 minutes per 2 cups
- Add rice noodles to heat proof bowl, pour over bowling water, leave for 15 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a measuring jug add oyster sauce, soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine, stir to combine. Continue to add garlic, ginger and chilli. Add the cornflour and stir till all ingredients are thoroughly mixed in and there are no white globs from the cornflour.
- Turn the heat back on the wok and add the vegetables, stir and leave lid on for approximately 2 minutes to ensure vegetables are cooked all the way through.
- Remove lid and add the sauce to the wok, stir to combine, then add the noodles in batches and stir to combine each time you add more noodles.
- Once all noodles are well mixed in, turn wok off transfer stir fry to serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds.
- I used the basil leaves as I like the combination of basil but it is an added extra. I wouldn't go out and buy it specially for this dish. I have some growing so it is super easy to pick some, rinse, chop and top.
- If you have time, you can microwave the sesame seeds for 1-2 minutes in the microwave to toast them before using them to top the dish.
- *I used frozen mixed vegetables for this dish as I wanted to make my life a bit easier and I know that does make a difference in terms of time and preparation.
Post published April 2018, updated with new recipe card April 2019 (original recipe)
If you like this recipe another one you might be interested in checking out is this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe. It also has noodles and is a heart warming and delicious bowl of goodness. Or you might like to make Pad Thai instead of getting take out and this recipe is a fabulous go to for authentic tasting Thai at home. If you are not in the mood for noodles tonight, why not try something completely different and in that case, I would recommend this delicious Minestrone soup which is sure to satisfy a variety of taste buds!!
There are a lot more Asian style ideas on my Pinterest - Asian foods board, if you want to whet your appetite and gather some further food inspiration!
Let me know if you give this dish a shout, I would love to know what you think. If you share a picture on instagram use the hashtag #sweetcaramelsunday I would love to check it out xx
If you are wanting further dinner inspiration, these recipes will do the trick:
February 14, 2021
January 21, 2021
January 21, 2021
January 17, 2021