Bacon Spaghetti is a dream come true! Combining 2 favourite ingredients, this creamy bacon spaghetti is quick, easy and on the table in less than 15 mins.
- 500 grams spaghetti Note 1
- 600 grams diced bacon Note 2
- 3 cloves garlic Note 3
- 1 cup low fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 cup reserved pasta water Note 4
- ¼ cup parsley to garnish
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- cracked pepper to taste
Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the liquid
Add the bacon and diced garlic to a fry pan and cook for 3-4 mins. Note 5
Add 1 cup reserved pasta water to the cooked bacon, followed by the Greek Yoghurt. Use a spoon and stir till combined with a consistent colour.
Add cooked pasta into the creamy garlic bacon sauce, stir till combine and allow to heat through.
Portion and plate the spaghetti
Garnish with rocket, parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.
- Note 1 Spaghetti is my favourite to use with this recipe. You can use your favourite type. eg Fettucine, linguine, penne etc.
- Note 2 I prefer to purchase pre-diced bacon. It is so much easier and not much more expensive. For nights when I am in a hurry (pretty much every night), diced bacon will save time and energy!
- Note 3 I use a fancy little garlic chopper to dice my garlic - SO EASY! You can use minced garlic if you like, but for this one, I reckon that freshly diced results in the best flavour.
- Note 4 Simply place a heat proof jug under the colander when you drain the water and use 1 cup of that with the yoghurt to make the sauce.
- Note 5 I don't add oil if I am cooking bacon and garlic as the fat from the bacon will ooze out and help cook it. This also saves you from an overly oily dish. I do, however, sometimes depending on mood, add a splash of white wine in as these 2 cook as it sizzles, releases a lovely fragrance and makes cleaning up easier at the end as you can scrap stuck bits off the pan as you go.
Calories: 698kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 3022mg | Potassium: 206mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg