Cookie Monster Cupcakes
These Cookie Monster Cupcakes are perfect for a party, special occasion or bake sale. With their bright blue icing and edible eyes, the little kids and big kids will love them!
Vanilla Cupcakes (makes 12)
- 280 g self raising flour
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs free range
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 60 g butter melted
- 1 tsp imitation vanilla essence
- 5 cups icing sugar
- 400g butter
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tsp imitation vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp blue food colouring
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with cupcake wrappers. Put you cookies in a small bowl. Add your eyes to another container. Place food colouring with cookies and eyes so you will be ready to decorate
Add flour, sugar and vanilla essence to mixing bowl and use hand held beaters to combine. Melt the butter in a heatproof jug in the microwave, then pour it into flour mix. Crack eggs into the bowl and add milk as well. Beat until all ingredients are combined
Spoon mix into cupcake wrappers, bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
Add icing sugar and vanilla essence to your food processor, pulse to combine. Add chopped butter and mix until it comes together. Add milk gradually, By starting with one tablespoon, pulsing and then the next tablespoon. Add food colouring last and continue to mix until colour is smooth and consistent.
Add a piping nozzle to the end of a disposable piping bag ad cut plastic tip to reveal piping noozle. Transfer buttercream into this bag. Place piping bag into another larger piping bag.
Begin to pipe your buttercream onto each cupcake and repeat for remaining cupcakes
Decorate with 2 eyes and 1 cookie per cupcake
- Make cupcakes ahead of time if you need. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Use food processor to make buttercream as it is faster and easier than stand mixer
- This recipe makes for a BIG amount of buttercream on each cupcake. You can however, halve the recipe and has less icing per cupcake.
- If making 2 batches of the icing, add the colour last, so you get consistent colour across the 12.
- To aid cleaning, use a disposable piping bag inside a larger piping bag. Once icing is piped, remove inner piping bag, but tip out and discard bag.
- For presentation - use a couple of broken cookies around your cupcakes!!
Calories: 601kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 57g | Vitamin A: 1000IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.4mg